• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

****Spurs v Burnley****

Surprising team. Winks for Dembele, Tripps for Walker and VJ for Son. Who are all on the bench. Hope Steff is right and VJ carries on scoring! Strange one for me.

Poch probably saw your tinkle poor OMT and thought "what's the fudging point". The other consideration may have been the condition of players returning from international duty.

Am I right in saying that Janssen missed the internationals? If so, he's had a couple of weeks on the training pitch without interruption. Maybe that is also a consideration. Either way, let's hope that he takes his chance.

Poch probably saw your tinkle poor OMT and thought "what's the fudging point". The other consideration may have been the condition of players returning from international duty.

Am I right in saying that Janssen missed the internationals? If so, he's had a couple of weeks on the training pitch without interruption. Maybe that is also a consideration. Either way, let's hope that he takes his chance.

:)

VJ certainly missed the second game with what was reported as either a " chest infection" or "flu" . Either way, I doubt he is in tip top condition and would have kept him away from the team myself in case he gives it to anyone else!

VJ certainly missed the second game with what was reported as either a " chest infection" or "flu" . Either way, I doubt he is in tip top condition and would have kept him away from the team myself in case he gives it to anyone else!

They wouldn't start him if he wasn't match fit. The margins are too fine.

:)

If only there was some profession where people specialized in things like disease, recovery and transmission of disease. Then Pochettino could have asked them instead of doing things «just in case».

Has Son been away with South Korea on the other side of the planet? If so it kind of makes sense not to start him.

Doesn't surprise me about Son given likely jet lag. Leaving Dembele and Walker out though are big calls as that means we have 4-5 first choice players not starting (including Kane, Rose and possibly Lamela). Big call; hopefully it works out

I've been saying since Kane got injured that there's no way we could get away with playing Son upfront against Burnley away. They are going to be so organised and disciplined. Burnley would play very deep against Son and give him no space to use his pace to run into.

Janssen at least can hold up the ball. He will win a lot of high balls close to their goal with how deep they will be.

Back