• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Spurs related book and DVD recommendations

milo

Jack L. Jones
It's been a little while since we've done something like this.

What Spurs related books and DVDs would people recommend? Short descriptions and reasons to buy would be really helpful.

I have an old VHS called "six of the best" which has games from the 80's on it (from 1982 to 1988 I think). Some absolutely brilliant games on there and best of all, Hoddle was at his best during most of these (Watford away 1985 and Oxford at home 1988 I think). Might actually go and find it later.

I have an old VHS called "six of the best" which has games from the 80's on it (from 1982 to 1988 I think). Some absolutely brilliant games on there and best of all, Hoddle was at his best during most of these (Watford away 1985 and Oxford at home 1988 I think). Might actually go and find it later.

I think it was Watford away in '83 when Hoddle scores that chip after the cruyff turn and Oxford in '87, Hoddles last game with 'that' goal. Greavsies 6 of the best. I had the whole series - Spurs, Arsenal, Man Utd and Liverpool. I remember that the Arsenal one had a NLD unlike the Spurs one and it was I think from '84.... Archibald scored twice for Spurs in a 2-3 defeat at Highbury......think Wood**** might have scored for Arsenal?

Cheers Libero that is indeed the tape. I also found it strange that it had two games where we beat Liverpool but no NLD. Hoddle has been one of my all time favourite players because of that tape and I was born a couple of years after he scored that goal vs Watford.

Emancipation through Muscles by Michael Brenner and Gideon Reuveni is a non-obvious one I can think of. It's a history of Jewish sport, but in particular has a chapter called 'when is a jew not a jew' on us and Ajax and the yid/joden thing.

Not Spurs related, but Football Against The Enemy by Simon Kuper, Inverting the Pyramid by Jonathan Wilson, and Teambuilding by Rinus Michels are books all football fans should read.

For facts and stats then you should be able to pick up The Spurs Miscellany for a good price and is a fun read.

I mainly read sports autobiographies (spurs and non spurs) and goes without saying that Ledley's book is also worth a read.

Got given what might have been an annual Spurs book - proper hardback with history and loads of stats. All the clubs we had ever played - always stuck in my mind that we played HMS Victory in the FA Cup in front of exactly 2,000 people.

I'm guessing it was Christmas 1969.

For facts and stats then you should be able to pick up The Spurs Miscellany for a good price and is a fun read.

I mainly read sports autobiographies (spurs and non spurs) and goes without saying that Ledley's book is also worth a read.

A good one for leaving next to the toilet (not a comment on the quality, simply how easy it is to start and stop).

i'd recommend this as a starter if you haven't read anything: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Pocket-Book-Spurs-Martin-Cloake/dp/1905326947

51cbUOp31NL._.jpg

content coverage best described as "shallow but wide" - just what you need to make you a mean expert poster on this board!

The Biography of Tottenham Hotpsur
By Julie Welch.

Im a newer supporter so I got this book to learn more about the rich heritage of Tottenham Hotspur. Anybody read this one? Any suggestions for good resources for Hotspur education/appreciation?

Back