• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Spurs podcasts

My favorite pod is Last Word on Spurs (which used to be the e-Spurs pod). The guests are always very good, Ricky is a super prepared moderator and asks a lot of great questions, and Jason (who is on pretty much every pod) makes the most common sense points of anyone I have heard commenting on Spurs.

Fighting rooster is a fun one too, but veers off topic a lot of times.

The Tottenham Way is hosted by Dan Kilpatrick, who is the Spurs correspondent for ESPNFC, but I don't find it as insightful. It's usually my 3rd or 4th listen (after listening to Last Word on Spurs and Fighting rooster).

Hotspur America isn't terribly bad, if you can stand football analysis in an American accent.

Finally, there's also Wheeler Dealer Radio, which features Michael Caley (whenever he manages to get on). Another American Spurs pod.

Wheeler Dealer's the one I listen to every so often, as it's linked to Cartilage Free Captain. The bonus of a US-based fan site is that there's usually something new to read while I'm taking my morning constitutional. Always good when Michael Caley (Spurs fan and general statistical analysis xG guru) is on.

I might take a gander at Last Word.

I like Echos of Glory as well.
(Less so this week, where they have the Deputy Sports Editor of the S*n on. He's a Spurs fan, but seems to shout his way through the whole pod and talk over everyone).
Usually quite good though.

They rotate their guests and sometimes they are moaning cnuts. Other times they have decent peeps in.

Redknapp on these things is exactly hat you say, except I don't think he's looking for cheap laughs, he wants to get a nice lump for em.

Well he does have to keep " Rosie" happy.

My favorite pod is Last Word on Spurs...

The Tottenham Way is hosted by Dan Kilpatrick, who is the Spurs correspondent for ESPNFC, but I don't find it as insightful. It's usually my 3rd or 4th listen (after listening to Last Word on Spurs and Fighting rooster).

I'm not entirely convinced that the boy Kilpatrick isn't a proper WUM. His coverage of Spurs for espn is just a little too negative for my liking. I don't expect him to wave pom-poms, but his willingness to quickly drag up negative stats erodes his credibility when he fails to match that with positive coverage. And he works for a network that delights in taking the tinkle out of Spurs.

Any panel that routinely features pundits from Chelsea(Craig McSubtitles), West Ham (Chaka Hislop), Arsenal(Baldy Robson) and - bitterest of all - Liverpool(po-faced Steve Nicol) is already so bent against Spurs that a pup like Kilpatrick needs to offer something more than he's bringing at present.

I'm not entirely convinced that the boy Kilpatrick isn't a proper WUM. His coverage of Spurs for espn is just a little too negative for my liking. I don't expect him to wave pom-poms, but his willingness to quickly drag up negative stats erodes his credibility when he fails to match that with positive coverage. And he works for a network that delights in taking the tinkle out of Spurs.

Any panel that routinely features pundits from Chelsea(Craig McSubtitles), West Ham (Chaka Hislop), Arsenal(Baldy Robson) and - bitterest of all - Liverpool(po-faced Steve Nicol) is already so bent against Spurs that a pup like Kilpatrick needs to offer something more than he's bringing at present.
I wouldn't go so far as to call him a WUM, but he is a bit of a lightweight. And unusually uninformed at times.
As for the ESPNFC crew, it's only that dingdong Moreno that is consistently anti-Spurs..the rest can be more objective.

I was there on Tuesday....great show and to hear live from GHod and Mabbs. Recommend you listen to it.

What Spurs podcasts do everyone listen to? I listen to several but think Spurs SHow, pound for pound, is probably the best and most balanced one.
I find that the Last Word on Spurs is probably the most down-to-earth one. Jason McGovern is awesome and should be listened to by all those knee-jerkers who jump on Poch and players at the drop of a hat. Adds a lot of perspective that we miss in the heat of the moment.

Fighting C0ck is definitely more funny, even though I do get annoyed that sometimes more than 50% of the show is totally unrelated to Spurs.

I find that the Last Word on Spurs is probably the most down-to-earth one. Jason McGovern is awesome and should be listened to by all those knee-jerkers who jump on Poch and players at the drop of a hat. Adds a lot of perspective that we miss in the heat of the moment.

Fighting C0ck is definitely more funny, even though I do get annoyed that sometimes more than 50% of the show is totally unrelated to Spurs.
I used to listen to it but got bored of all the jizz jokes and Ricky drove me barmy.

My favourite ones presently are:

Tottenham Way - disagree with greatwhitenorf. I think dan kilpatrick's media role means that he's very well informed and provides some great insight. I've met him, he's definitely a Spurs fan but I think he provides a good balance of speaking as a fan and as a journalist.

Fighting rooster - yes there is a lot of non-Spurs chat but you know what you're getting. When they do talk football it is very balanced and considered and the presenters all come with a range of different strong points. Flav, as presenter, has really stepped up to the mark since getting his full-time job with Ball Street - seems to be far more confident discussing detail than previously.

Last Word on Spurs - this one is a rising star. Ricky and Jason are the constants and then there are a really good mix of other guests - really good to hear Seb Stafford-Bloor this week.

disappointed that Rule the Roost seems to have died. When I did a review on here a couple of years ago I said this was my favourite in part because of the presenters (teh trunk and Raj) and also because they always had a fan of our upcoming opponents on so provided great insight. I know Raj has written a book on Huddersfield Town (his hometown club) which credit to him has been published but hope they're back on again soon.

What does WUM mean?

Wind up merchant. ;)

I like The Fighting rooster, and quite like the fact that they go a bit off topic. They're a fun group of lads mostly. There's one guy who's a bit whiny, and gets a lot of stick for it (Alex, I think). If Flav, Thelonious, Ricky and Bardy is on, it's always great.

Also good with windys youth updates.

It’s not a Spurs podcast, but Bob Mortimer’s Athletico Mince is brilliant. Find ‘Reheated Mince Vol 5’ from Nov 9 2018 and you’ll hear a surreal story featuring Bob (and his Mackem mate who sounds a TOUCH like Micky Hazard) tell a tale featuring Harry Kane, Dele and Eric Dier.

If you’re a Mortimer Man (woman/non-binary/gender neutral/intersex) you’ll be in stitches.

It’s not a Spurs podcast, but Bob Mortimer’s Athletico Mince is brilliant. Find ‘Reheated Mince Vol 5’ from Nov 9 2018 and you’ll hear a surreal story featuring Bob (and his Mackem mate who sounds a TOUCH like Micky Hazard) tell a tale featuring Harry Kane, Dele and Eric Dier.

If you’re a Mortimer Man (woman/non-binary/gender neutral/intersex) you’ll be in stitches.
Athletico Mince is hilarious. Mortimer has me in tears every episode, without fail.

Back