• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Spurs on International Duty

I have been banging the drum for Andros all summer and I was stunned when so many people were saying he was not good enough for us, Championship level some said.

Heck I think I was the first person on here to put him forward for England on this forum after his first 2 or 3 matches of the season

=D>

Lamela got 10 minutes off the bench against Peru. Argentina were already 3-1 up at the time.

(First post)

I went to the Argentina-Peru game last night. Lamela was warming up throughout the second half (along with Maxi Rodriguez and Coloccini) and got stripped down to his kit earlier on (around the 70-minute mark) just as Rodrigo Palacio went down injured. Sabella seemed to have second-thoughts to see how Palacio would recover and Lamela went back to warming up before coming on for Lavezzi with 10 mins to go.

He looked lively and did a couple of nice passes, but the game was pretty much done by that point. Argie fans around me were saying complimentary things about Lamela - one commented "time for Lamela to come on and score 8"!

I couldn't find anywhere else that mentioned the play-off draw for the World Cup (apologies if I have missed another thread) but we could see Gylfi up against Luka Modric in the play offs!

I couldn't find anywhere else that mentioned the play-off draw for the World Cup (apologies if I have missed another thread) but we could see Gylfi up against Luka Modric in the play offs!

Strange to think that Croatia might be our best bet to actually have a shot at qualifying! We'll have to rely on complacency on their behalf and Gylfi to get the better of Modric in midfield. It would also be nice if Mandzukic had a bad day. And Sexy Niko. And Corluka. And Lovren. And.....awww ********. :(

P0354_zpsbba6b56c.png

FIFA World Cup Brazil 2014 Qualification Competition Europe (UEFA)

Walker, Townsend and Defoe in the squad to play Denmark next week

England squad to face Denmark:

Goalkeepers: Fraser Forster, Ben Foster, Joe Hart, John Ruddy;

Defenders: Leighton Baines, Gary Cahill, Steven Caulker, Ashley Cole, Glen Johnson, Luke Shaw, Chris Smalling, Kyle Walker;

Midfielders: Ross Barkley, Michael Carrick, Tom Cleverley, Steven Gerrard, Jordan Henderson, Adam Lallana, Frank Lampard, James Milner, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Raheem Sterling, Andros Townsend, Jack Wheelchair;

Forwards: Jermain Defoe, Rickie Lambert, Jay Rodriguez, Wayne Rooney, Daniel Sturridge, Daniel Welbeck.

Zeki Fryers, Tom Carrol & Harry Kane all make the England U21 squad to face Wales at Derby on Wednesday.

The countdown to this summer’s FIFA World Cup finals continues this week with a host of international friendlies – and several Spurs players are on duty for their respective countries.

Andros Townsend is in contention for England – who have this week trained at Hotspur Way – for their game against Denmark at Wembley on Wednesday evening.

The flying winger exploded onto the senior international last year, scoring on his debut against Montenegro before impressing in the subsequent games – and it’s that kind of sparkling form that he’ll be looking to recapture under the famous Arch this week. Kyle Walker withdrew from the squad due to injury.

Christian Eriksen, who missed Sunday’s win against Cardiff with a back injury, has joined up with the Danish squad, where he is being assessed further ahead of the friendly.

Wednesday is a busy night of fixtures across Europe and beyond; goalkeeper Hugo Lloris is on duty as France play host to Holland while Gylfi Sigurdsson’s Iceland visit Wales.

Jan Vertonghen, Mousa Dembele and Nacer Chadli are in Belgium’s squad for their home friendly against Ivory Coast, and Paulinho is part of the Brazil squad that’s travelled to face South Africa.

Benoit Assou-Ekotto, currently on loan at Queens Park Rangers, is in contention for Cameroon’s away game in Portugal while Nabil Bentaleb could make his debut for Algeria after being named in the squad for their home match against Slovenia.

There’s also a series of Under-21 matches taking place on Wednesday night – and again there’s a handful of Tottenham Hotspur players involved.

Harry Kane and Tom Carroll – who, like Benoit, is currently on loan at Queens Park Rangers – are in contention for England Under-21s as they take on Wales in their latest UEFA European Championship qualifier.

Goalkeeper Jordan Archer, meanwhile, is with Scotland Under-21s for their home friendly against Hungary, while Kenneth McEvoy is in the Republic of Ireland Under-21s squad as they prepare to host Montenegro.

Elsewhere, Milos Veljkovic is with Serbia Under-19s for consecutive friendly matches against Czech Republic today (Tuesday) and Thursday while Will Miller, Nathan Oduwa, Emmanuel Sonupe and Harry Winks are in the England Under-18s squad for their friendly double-header opposite Croatia this week.

The first of their two encounters took place at St George’s Park on Monday, with Emmanuel coming on as a second half substitute. The match ended 2-1 to Croatia, with the second meeting taking place on Wednesday.

Josh Onomah , meanwhile, played 90 minutes for England Under-17s in their 1-0 defeat to Germany in the Algarve on Sunday.

Old Spurs boy Massimo Luongo in the Aussie squad for our friendly against Ecuador tonight. Best of luck.

Hopefully none of our first team regulars will play tonight. The last thing we need is njuries in meaningless friendlies.

Did anyone watch the Wales - Iceland game?

Am I seeing right that Siggy was playing for Iceland, and the whole game?? :eek:

So will he be free to play for us now? Makes you wonder where he's been all these weeks..i assumed he was still a while to go before returning from injury....:-k

Did anyone watch the Wales - Iceland game?

Am I seeing right that Siggy was playing for Iceland, and the whole game?? :eek:

So will he be free to play for us now? Makes you wonder where he's been all these weeks..i assumed he was still a while to go before returning from injury....:-k

He was on the bench in the last game wasn't he?

Back