• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Spurs in UCL if league is scrapped?

While I love all of the above thinking - very creative! - I’m really not sure there will be that many takers for Aurier and Dier, even at £10-15m for each.

CV19 is going to make a lot of people think twice about spending any sort of money. I think we’ll see barely any activity on transfers that cost much this summer.

I think the most likely sort of positive outcome we can hope for this summer is the N’Dombele Barca swap for Umtiti and Semedo - i.e. no net outlay - even if the linked itself feels a bit tenuous.

I think there will be transfers, especially in the 10-30M range

I don't think there will be record transfers, it will just be seen as poor form ..

Not sure about that. Initially Jose was starting Dier more often than not but his starts were decreasing as time went on, although he started a few more games again recently. Mind boggling that some people want him to be captain. You would think that a prerequisite for any captain is that he must be a sure fire, nailed on starter every game? Dier isn’t that and hasn’t been for years now, partially due to injuries of course but also due to form/other players being better than him.

Well i guess we will have to see what happens, Dier had a rough time over the last 12 months with illness and if he can get fit again like i say i think Jose will use him more often then some on here think. The reason " some people" think he will make a good captain is because his desire seems to be more prevalent then our other choices and his will to win seems stronger as well.

But Stop! Hammer time so we will have to see what happens, but as i said i think there will be a few on here who will be dissapointed to see him in the team.

Does Neverton have money to burn? If so, they surely will be looking at better players than our rejects.

Toon agreed are an unknown given the likely takeover. I’m just praying they take Rose!
Neverton have the secret Russian bank rolling them hence why their fiddling the books with his sponsorship
And although they can spend they can’t necessarily attract quality
Saudi Sportswashing Machine are an unknown but can only lose £6m a season if they wanna play in Europe

While I love all of the above thinking - very creative! - I’m really not sure there will be that many takers for Aurier and Dier, even at £10-15m for each.

CV19 is going to make a lot of people think twice about spending any sort of money. I think we’ll see barely any activity on transfers that cost much this summer.

I think the most likely sort of positive outcome we can hope for this summer is the N’Dombele Barca swap for Umtiti and Semedo - i.e. no net outlay - even if the linked itself feels a bit tenuous.
I was pricing them both at more like 7 or 8 million only.

Semedo looks a good player but I think Umtiti has had injury problems. I don't think we should go near another injury prone player, not worth it.

Neverton have the secret Russian bank rolling them hence why their fiddling the books with his sponsorship
And although they can spend they can’t necessarily attract quality
Saudi Sportswashing Machine are an unknown but can only lose £6m a season if they wanna play in Europe
Pretty sure that you can lose more than £6 million. It seems that you are also fine if your finances are 'going the right way'. As I said before though they will get round it as all bankrolled clubs do and invent very large in-house sponsorship deals.

Well i guess we will have to see what happens, Dier had a rough time over the last 12 months with illness and if he can get fit again like i say i think Jose will use him more often then some on here think. The reason " some people" think he will make a good captain is because his desire seems to be more prevalent then our other choices and his will to win seems stronger as well.

But Stop! Hammer time so we will have to see what happens, but as i said i think there will be a few on here who will be dissapointed to see him in the team.
I've no problems with Dier's desire, just his quality. He seems to be slow on the turn and worse than that he has no real quality with the ball at his feet so offers very little press resistance. We might be able to get away with playing one of him or Sanchez in the team, but never both IMO.

Pretty sure that you can lose more than £6 million. It seems that you are also fine if your finances are 'going the right way'. As I said before though they will get round it as all bankrolled clubs do and invent very large in-house sponsorship deals.
17m over 3 seasons
That’s the rules they brought in
Your possibly thinking of when it was started it’s got less and less

and of course there is more focus now on it which is why I don’t think they will get away with much

they chat lie about the values as their a club that’s not worth much in any market currently

city and Chelsea both spent around £600m to ramp up over the first 3 years of their investment (including wages) and that was some time ago

17m over 3 seasons
That’s the rules they bought in
Your possibly thinking of when it was started it’s got less and less

and of course there is more focus now on it which is why I don’t think they will get away with much

they chat lie about the values as their a club that’s not worth much in any market currently

city and Chelsea both spent around £600m to ramp up over the first 3 years of their investment (including wages) and that was some time ago
Let's see if and when the Saudi Sportswashing Machine takeover goes through. If they happen to be cash rich in the next window they could move themselves forward pretty quickly with a vastly reduced set of clubs to compete with for players.

Let's see if and when the Saudi Sportswashing Machine takeover goes through. If they happen to be cash rich in the next window they could move themselves forward pretty quickly with a vastly reduced set of clubs to compete with for players.
They need a LOT of money spent
And then they fall foul of the rules so can’t actually compete for the big money
And of course their gonna be under more scrutiny than anyone else before

Last edited:
They need a LOT of money spent
And then they fall foul of the rules so can’t actually compete for the big money
And of course their gonna be under more scrutiny than anyone else before
I'm surprised that you have so much faith in the FFP system. Emirates Marketing Project have finally only been punished not because they broke the rules but because they lied about it. I'd wager a bet that their 2 year punishment won't stick anyway. The PL FFP system is a bigger joke than the UEFA one.

I'm surprised that you have so much faith in the FFP system. Emirates Marketing Project have finally only been punished not because they broke the rules but because they lied about it. I'd wager a bet that their 2 year punishment won't stick anyway. The PL FFP system is a bigger joke than the UEFA one.
They will get a year ban IMO
And they have been punished before which is why their getting done now... they lied last time
And the system now has less losses allowed than it did then
I have no faith in UEFA. I do have faith in the old boys club that’s developed in that game over the last 5 years giving recognition to teams that have faltered rather than achieved
It’s being lead in Italy by Juve and Barca and Madrid back it too as it protects the status quo
All the big clubs will just gang up on a new rival and deal with them that way as they have seen what’s happened at City and PSG

They will get a year ban IMO
And they have been punished before which is why their getting done now... they lied last time
And the system now has less losses allowed than it did then
I have no faith in UEFA. I do have faith in the old boys club that’s developed in that game over the last 5 years giving recognition to teams that have faltered rather than achieved
It’s being lead in Italy by Juve and Barca and Madrid back it too as it protects the status quo
All the big clubs will just gang up on a new rival and deal with them that way as they have seen what’s happened at City and PSG
That's what will stop Saudi Sportswashing Machine.

Not the rules and regulations, but the fact that the big boys don't want their income streams watered down any more than they have been.

We're only just getting away with it because we've replaced the goons who were never really one of them.

Not the rules and regulations, but the fact that the big boys don't want their income streams watered down any more than they have been.

We're only just getting away with it because we've replaced the goons who were never really one of them.
We have been on the scene a long time though
And the London thing helps

We have been on the scene a long time though
And the London thing helps
We've been 'on the scene' for about 4 years really.

We don't have to worry anyway. As the chances of us our owners injecting their own funds into the club is about as likely as me finally getting that date with Jessica Alba.

We've been 'on the scene' for about 4 years really.

We don't have to worry anyway. As the chances of us our owners injecting their own funds into the club is about as likely as me finally getting that date with Jessica Alba.
We have been a big boy on the European scene for a very long time
People forget our name was made in cups and the European glory nights
It’s all because of the premier league and the CL
But we have really broken the closed door down and done it the right way so they can’t keep us out unless we quickly regress

We have been a big boy on the European scene for a very long time
People forget our name was made in cups and the European glory nights
It’s all because of the premier league and the CL
But we have really broken the closed door down and done it the right way so they can’t keep us out unless we quickly regress
They can't keep us out because we do the very opposite of what they claim to be stopping (but actually turning a blind eye to).

If our present owners sold up and we were bought by an uber rich individual/wealth fund that wanted to lavish billions on us they would try to apply the exact same principles to us that they will try to apply to Saudi Sportswashing Machine if they do the same thing, that they also tried and failed to apply to Emirates Marketing Project and PSG (and still fail to apply)....

Ludicrous in-house sponsorships will be ignored, over spending will be punished by the slap on the wrist of a fine and the only time they will actually do something is when a third party publication reveals damning details after a successful hack.

They can't keep us out because we do the very opposite of what they claim to be stopping (but actually turning a blind eye to).

If our present owners sold up and we were bought by an uber rich individual/wealth fund that wanted to lavish billions on us they would try to apply the exact same principles to us that they will try to apply to Saudi Sportswashing Machine if they do the same thing, that they also tried and failed to apply to Emirates Marketing Project and PSG (and still fail to apply)....

Ludicrous in-house sponsorships will be ignored, over spending will be punished by the slap on the wrist of a fine and the only time they will actually do something is when a third party publication reveals damning details after a successful hack.
They will IMO look at all the sponsorship revenue and argue against it
They will not want another subsidised club lying and fixing things as it devalues the completion and the power sits with the clubs not UEFA. If they don’t comply the big clubs will set up their own comp for Europe

They will IMO look at all the sponsorship revenue and argue against it
They will not want another subsidised club lying and fixing things as it devalues the completion and the power sits with the clubs not UEFA. If they don’t comply the big clubs will set up their own comp for Europe
And Saudi Sportswashing Machine will use the exact, very same defence that Emirates Marketing Project did. "This is a long term deal that will look cheap in a few years time when we are dominating football. Man Utd earn £n million in sponsorship, our deal in comparison to that is lower and our imminent success will show that to be far better value for money for our sponsor than their deal"

They cannot stop Saudi Sportswashing Machine doing this having allowed (and still allowing) PSG and Emirates Marketing Project (amongst others) to do this. They ducked out of facing both Emirates Marketing Project and PSG's lawyers prior to the third party hack and publication of the document contents. There is no way they will have the balls to face Saudi Sportswashing Machine's (especially when Saudi Sportswashing Machine's lawyers will have the wonderful gift of the precedent already set at both Emirates Marketing Project and PSG).

Best post on here for awhile.

Back