• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Spurs in UCL if league is scrapped?

Where does that leave the euros? What with it meant to be held across the continent. Would UEFA consider moving it to just one country? England for example? Although even that in itself could be dangerous and a logistical nightmare. Can’t see many countries volunteering to host it. Germany might make the most sense as they have dealt with this pandemic admirably and have fewer deaths as a result. Plus you know they will put on a great tournament as they have fantastic stadia and infrastructure in place from when they held the World Cup in 2006.
Scrap it, it's pointless.

The euro’s could be held without any fans in the stadium.

Assuming players were cleared to play and quarantined accordingly, could fly in and out solely for the game, not touch local infrastructure other than the stadium.

Where does that leave the euros? What with it meant to be held across the continent. Would UEFA consider moving it to just one country? England for example? Although even that in itself could be dangerous and a logistical nightmare. Can’t see many countries volunteering to host it. Germany might make the most sense as they have dealt with this pandemic admirably and have fewer deaths as a result. Plus you know they will put on a great tournament as they have fantastic stadia and infrastructure in place from when they held the World Cup in 2006.
Their next summer though and by then we will have much more now how to deal with it all

The brick that entire fudging side got away with was a disgrace. I can genuinely not remember a side having so much "neutral" support, from opposition sides to officials. I will never forget how we were treated.

I always thought should i ever be bothered I would do a video purely putting up all the fouls Huth got away with. Pretty every corner he ever went up for as an attacker he just shoved full on the defenders out the way, scoring a few goals in the process.

But it was the class system in this country that allowed them to get away with it. It was this inverted class prejudice, everyone wanted little old Leicester the underdog to do it so the refs allowed them to get away with stuff no one else would.

I know a young lad at work who is an Arsenal fan who likes to taunt me that we threw away the title to Leicester. When I ask him who was top of the league before Leicester went top (arsenal) and at what point spurs were ever top of the league that season. Of course he cant answer, I am finding the younger generation increasingly thick, dont know if it is because they spend so much time on social media. When I saw a new netflix type service had started up with just 20 minute segments I had to laugh to myself because it confirmed everything I think of them.(I hate young people, there all chavs and idiots.)

I always thought should i ever be bothered I would do a video purely putting up all the fouls Huth got away with. Pretty every corner he ever went up for as an attacker he just shoved full on the defenders out the way, scoring a few goals in the process.

But it was the class system in this country that allowed them to get away with it. It was this inverted class prejudice, everyone wanted little old Leicester the underdog to do it so the refs allowed them to get away with stuff no one else would.

I know a young lad at work who is an Arsenal fan who likes to taunt me that we threw away the title to Leicester. When I ask him who was top of the league before Leicester went top (arsenal) and at what point spurs were ever top of the league that season. Of course he cant answer, I am finding the younger generation increasingly thick, dont know if it is because they spend so much time on social media. When I saw a new netflix type service had started up with just 20 minute segments I had to laugh to myself because it confirmed everything I think of them.(I hate young people, there all chavs and idiots.)

Spot on. Including their winner at ours that season when they did the old 1-2 block and push on Verts allowing that big dirty unit to get his nut on the ball.
Yes.
A lot of today's youth are thick.

It would be hypocritical of me to not admit I probably would have enjoyed Leicester’s win as much as the rest of the country if we’d been languishing in 6th and it was solely at the expense of our London rivals, and short of it taking away our budget contraints as a reason why we haven’t won the title for so long at the expense of any big club.

But the who sky sports fawning, national support for them was just ridiculous. Favourable match scheduling to put pressure on us at the end (4 consecutive Monday nights IIRC, but always after them regardless), players involved with other clubs stating their support for them to win the league at our expense along with questionable refereeing, although this could be just the wider incompetence.
The big one for me was, once they emerged as a potential top 6 side, let alone potential champions, why did the rest of the league play against them like they were struggling? They had a simple and very effective counter attacking system that most teams in the top 6 cannot use, as the rest of the league is usually employing the same tactic, especially away from home.

It would be hypocritical of me to not admit I probably would have enjoyed Leicester’s win as much as the rest of the country if we’d been languishing in 6th and it was solely at the expense of our London rivals, and short of it taking away our budget contraints as a reason why we haven’t won the title for so long at the expense of any big club.

But the who sky sports fawning, national support for them was just ridiculous. Favourable match scheduling to put pressure on us at the end (4 consecutive Monday nights IIRC, but always after them regardless), players involved with other clubs stating their support for them to win the league at our expense along with questionable refereeing, although this could be just the wider incompetence.
The big one for me was, once they emerged as a potential top 6 side, let alone potential champions, why did the rest of the league play against them like they were struggling? They had a simple and very effective counter attacking system that most teams in the top 6 cannot use, as the rest of the league is usually employing the same tactic, especially away from home.

Leicester was one of those truly "once in a whatever" flukes (and it's been computed to be a fluke, several people ran computer models and if you play that season over how many ever times, Leicester does not win)

- Luck with circumstance (racist gangbang leading to manager change)
- Luck with form, injuries and player acquisitions (very few injuries, Kante in side, 7 or 8 out of the 11 having their career best season all at same time while not having major injuries)
- Luck with non of the traditional title contenders not really being in it

But the big issue was the "rooting for" by media, officials and opposing teams
- The game at this level is differences of small, single difference percentage points
- And watching our main competitors management say on public TV prior to a game vs. Leicester that they would prefer Leicester win the title vs. Spurs/Scum/whoever is/was enough to really tilt the final result in my opinion

My only consolation is it was a fluke, they will never repeat it, they will have the odd good season in the next 5-10 years then slip back into the hole they came from and simply be a trivia question in the future.

But they are using the current table to determine european places.

That would be the worst outcome for us financially; no gate receipts/spend at stadium, no final PL tv money instalment, no CL money next season or even europa money.
Kane, Sonny, and Sissoko all fit and rested. Lo Celso and Bergwijn embedded into the team. Ndombele given a good slap. Could we do a Leicester/Chelsea and, free of European distractions, go on a PL-winning run?

If anyone can, it's Mourinho...

Kane, Sonny, and Sissoko all fit and rested. Lo Celso and Bergwijn embedded into the team. Ndombele given a good slap. Could we do a Leicester/Chelsea and, free of European distractions, go on a PL-winning run?

Fix the issues on conceding and the team is 20% more affective instantly

Plus a DM of some sort .. please ..

There’s no doubt things definitely fell into Leicester’s lap when they won the league. The scheduling, everyone wanting them to win, refereeing decisions (although I think this is somewhat overplayed as ALL teams that win get help from the refs), the rest of the big 6 imploding simultaneously.

What also can’t be disputed however that we blew two great opportunities to go top on the rare occasions we played before them; West Ham away, lost 1-0 and Arsenal at home. We drew the game at home against 10 men whilst leading the match. We were hanging on at the end too. Those two matches for me regardless of what anyone says was about bottle. 6 points up for grabs and the chance to go top twice, we took 1 point from those games and never had the opportunity to go top again.

Leicester were simply the best of a very bad bunch that year. Just look at the points totals. Arsenal barely got just over 70 points and they finished 2nd. Some years that won’t even get you a top 4 finish. I’m not disagreeing that Leicester had huge slices of luck but that they somehow robbed us of the title is a fallacy. We couldn’t even register the character and resilience to finish 2nd after the title was gone.

There’s no doubt things definitely fell into Leicester’s lap when they won the league. The scheduling, everyone wanting them to win, refereeing decisions (although I think this is somewhat overplayed as ALL teams that win get help from the refs), the rest of the big 6 imploding simultaneously.

What also can’t be disputed however that we blew two great opportunities to go top on the rare occasions we played before them; West Ham away, lost 1-0 and Arsenal at home. We drew the game at home against 10 men whilst leading the match. We were hanging on at the end too. Those two matches for me regardless of what anyone says was about bottle. 6 points up for grabs and the chance to go top twice, we took 1 point from those games and never had the opportunity to go top again.

Leicester were simply the best of a very bad bunch that year. Just look at the points totals. Arsenal barely got just over 70 points and they finished 2nd. Some years that won’t even get you a top 4 finish. I’m not disagreeing that Leicester had huge slices of luck but that they somehow robbed us of the title is a fallacy. We couldn’t even register the character and resilience to finish 2nd after the title was gone.
The league was almost skewed for a new news story
The way out fixtures were moved was farcical
We were way too polite as a club on that
Leicester were brilliantly effective and did everything they could with their players
Teams did bend over for them in a strange way. They got some big calls regularly but you need that to win a tight league which it was for a while
We did have chances but the team chasing rarely win the league

said it a 100 times
Change the full backs for basically competent ones and we will be so much better defensively

Depends on what you want to play? Competent "defending" FBs or FB's that provide your width and attack?

In my opinion, Jose seems to want a defending FB in the LB role, with a more attacking RB (hence his tolerance of Aurier's downside)

For me, this side will be very different if we had our attacking lineup fit, added 1 DM and got another option for RB.

Depends on what you want to play? Competent "defending" FBs or FB's that provide your width and attack?

In my opinion, Jose seems to want a defending FB in the LB role, with a more attacking RB (hence his tolerance of Aurier's downside)

For me, this side will be very different if we had our attacking lineup fit, added 1 DM and got another option for RB.
I just think that’s the cards he has to play currently

and as I’ve said again loads the best DM in the world can’t cover for Aurier and his lack of any awareness
Add in a LB who isn’t decisive and their both really really weak. We concede so many chances from teams attacking our FBs and so little form teams playing through the middle

I just think that’s the cards he has to play currently

and as I’ve said again loads the best DM in the world can’t cover for Aurier and his lack of any awareness
Add in a LB who isn’t decisive and their both really really weak. We concede so many chances from teams attacking our FBs and so little form teams playing through the middle
Even with two full backs who are good defensively we will still have a huge hole in the most dangerous area of the pitch. Perhaps Mourinho can give Winks (a lot of) coaching so that he actually maintains position instead of chasing around all over the pitch, he could then probably do a job there. However I think it is far more sensible to buy a player who already has the right mindset. Kalvin Phillips from Leeds would be absolutely perfect for us here I think.

Many goals we concede have an initial cause of it being so easy for opponents to ease the ball into good positions against us by simply getting one of their attacking players to drop into the huge chasm that exists between our centre halves and central midfield. We often see opposition players on the ball in central attacking positions with a diameter of 10 yards or more space around them. Those are the sort of attacking positions that every team works hard to create. Team's don't have to work hard to create those positions against us, one of a team's two wide forwards or their number 10 simply has to drift into that area of the pitch and they're automatically in space. Two of Wolves' goals for example (that I think you blamed on the fullbacks) were perfect examples of teams easily getting into fantastic attacking positions centrally and then us being in big trouble straight away.

I maintain that if we put a proper DM into our team then we would probably immediately be 30% better. If we swapped (e.g) Aurier for Aarons I think we would be only be a few percet better.

Last edited:
Back