• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Spurs in UCL if league is scrapped?

Sadly you're right mate.
Was always gonna be the case once AC MIlan got extra credit for being good when I was thin and had hair
I mean FFS it’s a shambles to close the shop
But it’s also why I think it’s much much much harder now for Saudi Sportswashing Machine to fix the system as there are more parties against them

AC Milan aren't getting in via any route. They've been too schit for too long. But Inter get buttforked as well. Likely we'd see Juve, Napoli, Roma and Lazio. Tough break for the bright sparks over at Atalanta.

Times reporting it'll go to sporting merit which sounds like points per game to work out next seasons European places. Meaning we'd definitely miss out!

Which makes sense but is farcical too as it doesn’t factor in a chunk of the season or home and away advantage
No easy way to fix it TBF
Agree, last seasons standings would be great but only because it benefits us and if we were in Leicester’s position we’d be up in arms about it.
Maybe they’ll put the pressure back onto the leagues and let them pick a method. Which will basically be what doesn’t tinkle off the most people / make the most fans happy.
So Liverpool and Emirates Marketing Project are shoe ins based on any performance measure, with added benefit that a City ban is not the Prems fault and opens up a bonus spot to a team more likely to be dependent on the CL income.
United have to be in it.
I think we may have some goodwill, we have Englands captain and South Korea’s Beckham, plus the manager everyone loves to hate.
I think Chelsea would be preferable to Goons due to the Franks fledglings factor. So they just need to find a way for Goons to miss out but despite them not being 4th either last season or this they would qualify on coefficient or be next in line based on last season if City get banned.
Leicester would not come into their thinking in this regard.

otherwise I think they will go to the coefficient model which gets United in and leaves us at the mercy of the ffp ban for City.

Agree, last seasons standings would be great but only because it benefits us and if we were in Leicester’s position we’d be up in arms about it.
Maybe they’ll put the pressure back onto the leagues and let them pick a method. Which will basically be what doesn’t tinkle off the most people / make the most fans happy.
So Liverpool and Emirates Marketing Project are shoe ins based on any performance measure, with added benefit that a City ban is not the Prems fault and opens up a bonus spot to a team more likely to be dependent on the CL income.
United have to be in it.
I think we may have some goodwill, we have Englands captain and South Korea’s Beckham, plus the manager everyone loves to hate.
I think Chelsea would be preferable to Goons due to the Franks fledglings factor. So they just need to find a way for Goons to miss out but despite them not being 4th either last season or this they would qualify on coefficient or be next in line based on last season if City get banned.
Leicester would not come into their thinking in this regard.

otherwise I think they will go to the coefficient model which gets United in and leaves us at the mercy of the ffp ban for City.

A lot depends on if they choose to give pool the title and relegate teams or not? If they do then their fixing it as is and that’s harder to argue
If there not and their just using it to agree a league position it could IMO be very challengeable as it means teams get credit for less than a full season
Germany thinks they can finish their league but also their much more organised over there

UEFA order of preference for determining entry to 2020/21 European competitions:
1. complete suspended competitions in their original format
2. restart suspended competitions in a different format which would ensure clubs qualify on sporting merit
3. the national association selects clubs for entry based on sporting merit in the 2019/20 domestic competitions

If 3 then "the procedure for selecting clubs should be based on objective, transparent and non-discriminatory principles"

https://www.uefa.com/insideuefa/news/newsid=2641715.html

UEFA order of preference for determining entry to 2020/21 European competitions:
1. complete suspended competitions in their original format
2. restart suspended competitions in a different format which would ensure clubs qualify on sporting merit
3. the national association selects clubs for entry based on sporting merit in the 2019/20 domestic competitions

If 3 then "the procedure for selecting clubs should be based on objective, transparent and non-discriminatory principles"

https://www.uefa.com/insideuefa/news/newsid=2641715.html
Interesting that number 3 as I cannot fathom how that applies to their own historic coefficient principles...

I think it's only fair that you get more points for winning all but 1 game, than winning only 50% of the games in the same competition.
EL should get less points than CL though.

Liverpool and Barca won eight games each, the difference being Pool lost 4 to Barca's 1 and drew 1 to Barca's 3.

That's not a big difference at all. Win percentage is 66 for Barca, 61 for Pool.

Liverpool won the entire tournament, yet Barca gets three more coefficient points. I still don't think that's very logical.

If anything it shows that there's more emphasis put on winning group stage matches than winning the tournament - which is absurd in my view.

Times reporting it'll go to sporting merit which sounds like points per game to work out next seasons European places. Meaning we'd definitely miss out!

Points per game for this aborted season? For the last two seasons? Three? There's a big can of worms to be opened here...

Someone suggested earlier in this thread to simply skip European competition for the 20/21 season, and start a fresh with domestic qualification for the 21/22 season instead. I think that’s the best and fairest option if the PL gets cancelled. Won't happen of course, because money.

Without playing the outstanding games there is no fair way to determine final league position.

To reset the season does therefore have a logic to it. Not sure what you do with teams who were likely to be promoted.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Last edited:
Back