• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Spurs in UCL if league is scrapped?

The proposal came from a number of the clubs threatened with relegation. They were not happy about having to play at neutral venues and losing their home advantage - but would agree to it if there were to be no relegation.

The neutral venue as long as there's no relegation thing is a recent discussion though, before that there had already been discussions suggesting that if we cancel the season we could still promote the championship clubs and have a bigger PL for one season (as there is unlikely any europe). Just seems ridiculous. What makes the 2 current top teams in the championship more important than every other club that is currently top of their league in this country?

The neutral venue as long as there's no relegation thing is a recent discussion though, before that there had already been discussions suggesting that if we cancel the season we could still promote the championship clubs and have a bigger PL for one season (as there is unlikely any europe). Just seems ridiculous. What makes the 2 current top teams in the championship more important than every other club that is currently top of their league in this country?
Money
Money
And
Money
That’s all that matters

Yes you’re right those discussions did come up earlier, although I don’t know if it was from within the PL or the media thinking up possible scenarios. It is ridiculous. If there’s no relegation there’s no promotion, and I agree it’s wrong to treat the Championship differently to Leagues One and Two.

There’s lots of talk about preserving the “integrity” of the league but if games go ahead without relegation being an option then that’s another 5 or 6 teams who effectively have nothing to play for (except the Spammers who will still play their socks off to beat us of course). It would totally change the dynamics of the remaining games. I really don’t see how the league can be completed fairly.

Personally I cannot see borders opening beyond essential travel till next year. I don't see how as it would make all of this pointless.
They need to make that call in football terms asap but if course UEFA won’t
The pressure that would lift off leagues is huge and then the only issues are domestic

There's a lot of chatter there won't be a 2020/21 season, especially when the virus comes back in the autumn, remember it just took 1 person to be infected for everything to shut down, with that sort of precedent, does anyone realistically think you'll be watching footie in the near future.

I very much doubt that there will be any European football next season and maybe even the one after that.

I would be hopeful of the being european football 2021-2022 season, I would be interested how there going to sort out qualification for the next world cup(the november/deccember one in qatar) I agree that the wont be european football next season.

The players really should be on a forced 50% cut on wages now, the backlash against them when people will be losing their jobs is going to be huge, i was amazed it did not start after the financial crash, it has been a long time coming but it is well over due. The championship are already talking about a wage cap and frankly that needs to happen everywhere.

I would be hopeful of the being european football 2021-2022 season, I would be interested how there going to sort out qualification for the next world cup(the november/deccember one in qatar) I agree that the wont be european football next season.

The players really should be on a forced 50% cut on wages now, the backlash against them when people will be losing their jobs is going to be huge, i was amazed it did not start after the financial crash, it has been a long time coming but it is well over due. The championship are already talking about a wage cap and frankly that needs to happen everywhere.
Wage cap only works if it’s applied across all leagues
Reality is some teams will want to bypass it to get players in that they wouldn’t get beat to otherwise

West Ham to go down on the proposed weighted points per game if the season isn't finished

0_premierleaguetable.jpg

Scottish PL curtailed using points per game but not from what I can see weighted for home/away.

Very important we get our PL going again as if the same is used here we will end below the woolwich gooner bastards.

Back