• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Spurs in the FA Cup 2021-22 - 5th Round: Middlesbrough (A)

I suspect our game will get the "nice day out" TV slot.
And either West Ham or Man U the "big game" slot.

Millwall v Palace is a bit of a Derby, so might get it too.

Edit - B.Wood (scum) or St Albans (COYS) v AFC Wimbledon will definitely be on TV. That has all the feels in it, innit.

It’s got the Friday night game written all over it

2pm on Sunday 9th January (not on TV), which would make me think that perhaps we'll be trying to fit at least one of the postponed games in-between Watford on New Year's Day and the Morecambe FA Cup tie.

Edit - EFL Cup Semi-Final's are due to take place 4/5 Jan and 11/12 Jan - so that would potentially rule that out, although could play Tuesday > Thursday/Friday > Sunday

2pm on Sunday 9th January (not on TV), which would make me think that perhaps we'll be trying to fit at least one of the postponed games in-between Watford on New Year's Day and the Morecambe FA Cup tie.

Edit - EFL Cup Semi-Final's are due to take place 4/5 Jan and 11/12 Jan - so that would potentially rule that out, although could play Tuesday > Thursday/Friday > Sunday

I was about to 'go on one' for us being put on a Sunday at 2pm when not on TV, but you have made a great point. I think we may wait until the West Ham is played, if we lose I can see the Burnley or Brighton match being played on one of those two dates.

Also just realised the match being moved to Sunday has helped me and Mrs PW as we have tickets for Nina Conti on the Saturday night, so now we can go the Cup game

Our last Saturday 3pm KO in any competition was 25 January 2020 (Southampton away in FA Cup). You have to go back to Burnley on Sat 7 Dec 2019 (the Sonny goal!) for our last Sat 3pm home game.

technically the Watford away game is a Sat 3pm although its also NYD i.e. a Bank Holiday.

We've been televised for 3rd round for last 3 seasons (Tranmere, Middlesbrough and Marine) but I believe for overseas TV reasons the FA now split all non (UK Televised) games between Sat 3pm and Sunday 2pm so I'm not sure how much control we had over the timing of the game.

It does open up the possibility of us playing twice that midweek which I guess we could do in relative luxury of being able to select a B team for this FA Cup tie. I'm not sure how strictly enforced the French winter break is as anything before 8th Jan is nominally off Rennes' schedule.

Potentially our schedule would look like:

Sat 1 Jan - PL Watford a 3pm
Tues 4 Jan - POTENTIAL LC SF 1st Leg
Thurs 6 Jan - UECL Rennes h 8pm
Sun 9 Jan - FAC Morecambe h 2pm
Weds 12 Jan - POTENTIAL LC SF 2nd Leg
Sun 16 Jan - PL Arsenal h 4:30

I'm pretty sure there's a secret protocol in the ground licence that means a 3pm Saturday fixture costs us money.

The 2hr pre-game closure of the High Road is ridiculous, and disrupts so many local traders - Saturday being their biggest day.

I'm pretty sure there's a secret protocol in the ground licence that means a 3pm Saturday fixture costs us money.

The 2hr pre-game closure of the High Road is ridiculous, and disrupts so many local traders - Saturday being their biggest day.
They close the high St for spurs games now? When did that start?

Back