• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Spurs in the FA Cup 2020-21 - The road to Wembley

My mate just sent me a picture of the Marine goalkeeper coming out of the local Coop with a 6 pack after a game still in full kit.

What a fudging tie :D:D

Was their first also, I think. There were so many bodies in the way and no way to see for certain whether the ball had crossed the line...yet the ref gave a goal that put us on the back foot for the rest of the game.

Horrible decision.

I was there. Terrible decision.

They say all these decisions come back around eventually. Still waiting for this injustice to be reversed (and the Mendes goal)

Nailed on for TV. Nice trip to the Seaside. I used to work down the road from the ground in Crosby.

Should not be a problem providing we dont think we can send 18 kids to do the job

Last edited:
Out of all them, that Portsmouth one really sticks in the craw...

I was not confident driving down that day. It should have been the day we finally got back in an FA Cup final, but from the moment I woke up that morning something did not feel right and it actually did not come as a surprise.

IIRC wasn't the pitch a complete mess that day.

We are never going to know, but maybe had we won that day and did have a Cup final to look forward to, we may never have gone on to beat Arsenal, Cheslea and then City to snatch 4th....Sliding Doors and all that. Who knows???

Almost perfect draw - home draw would have been better, but means that we don't need to field Kane, Son etc for that weekend. We are in the middle of one hell of a run of games which lasts til Jan so nice to have a break where the first 11 arent needed

£250k for Marine if it's televised which it will be

There will be a game Friday, maybe 4 on Saturday & Sunday, with 1 Monday

We have a famous ability to play down to the level of the opposition, so not taking this for granted. Marine will probably play the best game in their history against us as well.

But...we have had some real luck in the draws this year. After Chelsea, we got the most advantageous matchup possible in the CC, we've had a forgiving draw in Europe, and this is literally the biggest mismatch in FA Cup history - top of the league against an eighth-tier team.

If we don't end our trophy drought this season, we are hideously, eternally, perpetually cursed and should fold as a sporting organization, tbh.

We have a famous ability to play down to the level of the opposition, so not taking this for granted. Marine will probably play the best game in their history against us as well.

But...we have had some real luck in the draws this year. After Chelsea, we got the most advantageous matchup possible in the CC, we've had a forgiving draw in Europe, and this is non-figuratively the biggest mismatch in FA Cup history - top of the league against an eighth-tier team.

If we don't end our trophy drought this season, we are hideously, eternally, perpetually cursed and should fold as a sporting organization, tbh.

Not forgetting that we got a bye in Round 3 as a result of Orient being ravaged by COVID that week.

Luck plays such a huge part in success - particularly cup runs. Our last League Cup final in 2015...home ties against lower league opponent (N Forest and Brighton then v Saudi Sportswashing Machine who throw their cup ties and then Sheffield U - then of League 1 - in the SF when we could have drawn either Liverpool or Chlesea) You then just have to capitalise on it....which we seldom do!

Almost perfect draw - home draw would have been better, but means that we don't need to field Kane, Son etc for that weekend. We are in the middle of one hell of a run of games which lasts til Jan so nice to have a break where the first 11 arent needed
Think the League Cup semi is lined up for the midweek before this game
(yes, if we get there)

I'd say they'd jump at the chance to play in our stadium?

I'd agree - their earnings would be a lot higher, and although I think London / Liverpool are similar tiers now, that may not be the case in January - and if so, given that London will be relatively harder to shut down, there's surely a higher chance of gate receipts in London.

Back