• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Spurs have broken top 10

Well it doesn't get us any silverware but it shows we're doing something right.

I wonder when it will be that ENIC sell up. I am very much in favour of ENIC but have no doubt that we are merely their prime asset. Not that it bothers me in the slightest, if ENIC want to take a side from lower midtable to playing in the Champions League and mounting a momentary title challenge, and that club happens to be us, I am very happy with that arrangement.

But it's been 15 years and they've not gone yet. If 2-3 years after our stadiums built they haven't sold I will be very surprised but also very happy.

this is more a reflection of the value of the premier league, the new TV deals are bigger than any other league, the new stadium and champions league money should vault us higher

Well it doesn't get us any silverware but it shows we're doing something right.

I wonder when it will be that ENIC sell up. I am very much in favour of ENIC but have no doubt that we are merely their prime asset. Not that it bothers me in the slightest, if ENIC want to take a side from lower midtable to playing in the Champions League and mounting a momentary title challenge, and that club happens to be us, I am very happy with that arrangement.

But it's been 15 years and they've not gone yet. If 2-3 years after our stadiums built they haven't sold I will be very surprised but also very happy.

Well, Levy is a Spurs supporter so has a dream job. He has seen his personal wealth grow into the hundreds of millions and he effective gets to run the club as sole owner (Lewis is only involved in big things like the stadium). I would imagine he is in no hurry to leave.

The key is Lewis (or his heirs). If they want to sell Levy potentially loses control, although he might be happy to continue with a new majority partner.

Well, Levy is a Spurs supporter so has a dream job. He has seen his personal wealth grow into the hundreds of millions and he effective gets to run the club as sole owner (Lewis is only involved in big things like the stadium). I would imagine he is in no hurry to leave.

The key is Lewis (or his heirs). If they want to sell Levy potentially loses control, although he might be happy to continue with a new majority partner.
Lewis' daughter is a Spurs fan, or so I've heard.

Levy's son takes over from him and Lewis' daughter takes over from him. Dynasty.;)

Our current value now estimated by KPMG at £830m which also lifts us into their Top Ten of the most valuable clubs in Europe.

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/foo...h-more-than-chelsea-kpmg-report-a3553536.html

By the time we move into the new stadium we could be worth over a £bn, but whether that means we'll also close the gap significantly on the biggest hitters is less certain, as their global status means their commercial income continues to rise almost exponentially.

Our current value now estimated by KPMG at £830m which also lifts us into their Top Ten of the most valuable clubs in Europe.

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/foo...h-more-than-chelsea-kpmg-report-a3553536.html

By the time we move into the new stadium we could be worth over a £bn, but whether that means we'll also close the gap significantly on the biggest hitters is less certain, as their global status means their commercial income continues to rise almost exponentially.
Is that true though???

There is a limit on how many sponsors and therefore revenue a club can bring in... particularly a developed one

United are an extreme with having a cheese grater sponsor or a condom sponsor but clubs like PSG, Arsenal, Chelsea, city etc... are a long way off the true global appeal go Madrid, Barca and United

Ruled out by their UEFA coefficient (I think they are ranked about 120th in Europe.... a little too high compared to reality I'd say!)

Yes. And also they are penalised because they do not own their stadium.

it seems that whole deal was brick for the taxpayers, brick for West Ham, brick for everybody. Well done Boris. Good work.

Continued progress, slow, steady, planned progression, well done to Levy & co.

I do wish our fans would get off the Levy/ENIC selling narrative, I fudging swear it's going to be 30 years from now and someone will still be "Levy is only here for a quick buck". To set the record strait, it's been 16 fudging years ... 16!. If you look at the scale of the investment being made, the attention to side projects that are not critical to stadium or immediate club revenue, but more to area regeneration and the club's social role, you quickly realize the whole narrative always was flimflam.

Being smart about running a business does not equal profit mongering ...

Continued progress, slow, steady, planned progression, well done to Levy & co.

I do wish our fans would get off the Levy/ENIC selling narrative, I fudging swear it's going to be 30 years from now and someone will still be "Levy is only here for a quick buck". To set the record strait, it's been 16 fudging years ... 16!. If you look at the scale of the investment being made, the attention to side projects that are not critical to stadium or immediate club revenue, but more to area regeneration and the club's social role, you quickly realize the whole narrative always was flimflam.

Being smart about running a business does not equal profit mongering ...
I think I love you Dave

A year later and nearly everyone is in the £100 million club!

No surprise that despite being the main challenger to Chelsea for much of the season - and mostly by common consent, playing some of the most entertaining football - fewer of our games were televised compared with City, Liverpool and United (who finished sixth). Even Arse, who like United also failed to make the top four were televised the same number of times as us.

Clear evidence that it's more about appeasing fans of the money-doped clubs than entertaining audiences as far as Sky is concerned.

Back