• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

spurs fans convicted for crowd trouble

TWO YEARS THREE MONTHS

Dante Lauder-Hawkins, 22, of Exmoor Street, Ladbroke Grove, London, was described as “posturing and goading, remaining somewhat behind the front of the group”.

WTF??

Get less for rape

What the fudge?

The difference here is you no doubt reacted to something that happened at a football game.
These guys though have gone way out of their way just to look for a fight. Its about intent.

but they are fighting with people who want to fight - not attacking innocent people - surely its worse if you start this stuff at a stdium with the potential of getting innocent people involved or hurt ?

two sets of blokes want to have a fight, whilst it's not something you want to happen, they're grown men, they know the physical risk of what they are doing - what damage has been done to justify a 3.5 year sentence ?

but they are fighting with people who want to fight - not attacking innocent people - surely its worse if you start this stuff at a stdium with the potential of getting innocent people involved or hurt ?

two sets of blokes want to have a fight, whilst it's not something you want to happen, they're grown men, they know the physical risk of what they are doing - what damage has been done to justify a 3.5 year sentence ?
Have to agree. If they met for a fight at a busy train station where innocent people could be involved then that's a different matter. How many times are there fights at football nowadays anyway? It's all away from the stadium - 10-30 blokes together.

The ones that should be heavily charged are the one that organise the fights in the first place - those that go along are just there for a row. No different to what happens when you're a kid etc.

Why do you call them Spurs fans in the thread title?
This has nothing to do with supporting a football club, this is organized fighting.
Don't link that crap to the club. Let fight, but don't let them drag the club down in the mud with them.

Hence the otherwise rather confusing phrase, "Might as well be jailed for two-and-a-half years for a razor-edged Samurai sword as a young tree that has been ... partly broken off.

Seriously, though, no sympathy for any of these tossers. 47 years old? What?

Serious question for those who may know.

Saw green street hooligans a while back, and honestly thought, nah this ain't really happening... it's just a game. People surely wouldn't take it that seriously.

Then i read stuff like this and I become even more confused. How real is this? Probable number of people involved per club? Does it really escalate to this level very often?

Here in the states its quite a foreign idea to fight alongside others for any respective team or club so i generally have no idea what to think.

Saw green street hooligans a while back, and honestly thought, nah this ain't really happening... it's just a game. People surely wouldn't take it that seriously.

Then i read stuff like this and I become even more confused. How real is this? Probable number of people involved per club? Does it really escalate to this level very often?

Here in the states its quite a foreign idea to fight alongside others for any respective team or club so i generally have no idea what to think.

These days, it,s groups of around 10 hardcore, who will fight anywhere.
When I was a yoof, late 70,s to mid 80,s it could be hundreds involved. Literally. Good days, as there was a lot of camaraderie, even if it was a but wrong!

So 2 years for waving your arms about, 2 1/2 for grabbing a tree but that Al Quaeda head guy got 13 years for plotting to blow up London and he will be out in 5..

Gotta to love it

Are people still doing this? How sad! Why havent they grown up? Hooliganism is so seventies. Saw some hooligan footage on t.v. yesterday and my 12 year old asked, "why are those people fighting?" I couldnt think of an answer, that would make any sense to her. If they want to fight why don't they get in the ring?

Gary.

Nowadays it's mostly confined to small-scale organised rucks away from the ground and police. It happens a lot more than people know - just doesn't grab media headlines much anymore. Some spontaneous fighting might happen on the the way/back from a game but rarely as police are on top if things. Football hooliganism has been going on for decades - even our first game against the Gooners (then Woolwich at the time I think) had some crowd trouble. Started on a large scale in the 60s and reached its peak in the late 70s/early 80s when hundreds could be involved in fights on the terraces.

fudging ludicrous sentances. Geezer standing at the back got two years for waving his arms about.

Serves him right for being an aggressive dingdong. If he acted like a reasonable and considerate human being then he wouldn't be going to jail. fudge him, he deserves it. I hate yob culture so hopefully this will send out a message that you can't go around being aggressive and looking for trouble without repercussions.

Serves him right for being an aggressive dingdong. If he acted like a reasonable and considerate human being then he wouldn't be going to jail. fudge him, he deserves it. I hate yob culture so hopefully this will send out a message that you can't go around being aggressive and looking for trouble without repercussions.

Sanctify that man immediately!

I'm sorry guys but please do not try and defend or compare these men's sentences. Yes, other people have got shorter sentences in the past for worse reasons but what these men did is absolutely unacceptable and 2 years is about right for all of them

i wonder when we can expect to see the police bust in to the Gypsy sites that were on that documentary on tv the other week and arrest all the men involved in that ?

i wonder when we can expect to see the police bust in to the Gypsy sites that were on that documentary on tv the other week and arrest all the men involved in that ?

Football fans are easy targets. Don't forget when those 11 Spurs fans sang that horrific homophobic & racist song about HRH Sol Campbell they were made Englands Number 1 most wanted ahead of rapists & armed robbers on the official government website. Of course, the case was thrown out by the judge for being totally ridiculous. Never saw an apology though. Personally i think they should have got two years each for chanting in an aggressive manner.

I know a couple of them, ridiculous sentences, completely disproportionate to other football related offences being handed out, 2 years for posturing and goading ? do me a favour....

Back