• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

spurs fans convicted for crowd trouble

Danishfurniturelover

the prettiest spice girl
I did not even know this happened, sad news.

http://www.theargus.co.uk/news/9508893.Video__Football_thugs_jailed/

Ryan Richter, prosecuting, told Hove Crown Court: ÔÇ£Members of the public were seen in the street frozen in fear, including a group of pedestrians with baby buggies waiting to cross the road.ÔÇØ

No members of the public were injured but among the brawlers, one man was knocked unconscious, one defendant had his arm broken and another needed hospital treatment after he suffered a gash from a bottle.

Violence raged for up to 15 minutes. The men scattered when police arrived.

Of the 12 who were later charged, some were arrested in Brighton but others had to be identified later by police intelligence officers.

Convicted

Martin Asli, led the charges by the Tottenham Hotspur group, carrying a baton.

Now 47, of Greenhaven Drive, Thamesmead, London.

THREE AND A HALF YEARS

Kali Hagenstede, 22, currently in prison, can be seen in the mobile phone footage trying to break off a young tree to use as a weapon.

TWO AND A HALF YEARS

Steven Davidson, now 31, of Algers Mead, Loughton, Essex, was seen running up and down the road acting aggressively.

TWO YEARS THREE MONTHS

Dante Lauder-Hawkins, 22, of Exmoor Street, Ladbroke Grove, London, was described as ÔÇ£posturing and goading, remaining somewhat behind the front of the groupÔÇØ.

TWO YEARS

Steven White, now 45, of Church Street, Edmonton, London, was identified from the mobile phone footage by TottenhamÔÇÖs police spotters.

FIFTEEN MONTHS

Stuart McCullough was described as ÔÇ£the gentleman with a traffic barrier striking out at various peopleÔÇØ.

The 22-year-old of Seaton Road, Wick, Littlehampton, has a young child and his partner is currently pregnant.

TWO YEARS

Matthew Clayton, now 25, was seen running at the Tottenham group.

The plumber, of Highdown Drive, Littlehampton, has eight previous convictions for 11 offences, including possessing smoke grenades on a train.

FIFTEEN MONTHS

Jamie Lowe received a text message saying ÔÇ£Aberdeen are coming down and the **** are with them.ÔÇØ

Now 44, of Mile Oak Road, Portslade, he had only one previous conviction and a caution for jumping over a barrier while celebrating an Albion goal against Luton Town.

THIRTEEN MONTHS

Matthew Cummins suffered a 3cm gash on his head in the violence.

The 33-year-old, of Wantley Hill Estate, Henfield, was seen confronting Asli and Davidson.

TWELVE MONTHS

David Prowse, now 34, of Sompting Road, Lancing, confronted Asli in the exchanges.

TWELVE MONTHS

Harvey Siney, now 19, of Margery Road, Hove, swapped punches with Asli and Davidson.

TWELVE MONTHS

Benjamin Goodwin described the fight as ÔÇ£pretty messyÔÇØ in a text message afterwards.

The 22-year-old, of Foredown Drive, Portslade, is an account manager at an energy company and was previously of good character.

TWELVE MONTHS

Aberdeen match

AlbionÔÇÖs match that day did not even involve Tottenham Hotspur.

Brighton and Hove Albion were playing Aberdeen in a pre-season friendly. The Scottish sideÔÇÖs fans had arranged for Tottenham Hotspur followers to come to the city in their stead.

The clubsÔÇÖ supporters have a ÔÇ£reciprocal agreementÔÇØ under which Aberdeen is supported if it plays in southern England, out of range of its own fanbase.

When the sides clashed in Albion Hill and Grove Hill, at about 4.20pm Sussex Police received 27 999 calls.

Several of the Tottenham Hotspur thugs were already subject to football banning orders.

Some had been involved in major hooliganism cases, involving Chelsea, Charlton, Arsenal and West Ham fans.

Yesterday Judge Rennie gave each of the defendants a six-year football banning order, except Lauder-Hawkins and Hagenstede who were slapped with similar orders last year.

Chief Superintendent Graham Bartlett said: ÔÇ£I hope the sentences will deter others who think its acceptable to act in a similar way.

ÔÇ£Most people enjoy football and their good behaviour should not be marred by a mindless minority who harm and scare others."

Richard Hebberd, head of operations at Brighton and Hove Albion, said: "Neither group had any real interest in the football match taking place a few miles away.

"We welcome the verdict and sentences handed down. The majority of our supporters are a credit to the club, and it is wrong for them to see their reputation tarnished by the actions of a handful of individuals.ÔÇØ

Read more details about the trial, convictions and events of July 31, 2010 in the two-page special report inside today's Argus.

More news from The Argus

TWO YEARS THREE MONTHS

Dante Lauder-Hawkins, 22, of Exmoor Street, Ladbroke Grove, London, was described as “posturing and goading, remaining somewhat behind the front of the group”.

WTF??

Get less for rape

Who were they fighting? It says no bystanders were hurt
Aberdeen were playing Brighton - some Aberdeen and Spurs fans have been meeting for years and arranging fights supposedly. Some Spurs travel up for big games in Scotland (few weeks ago some Spurs were there when Aberdeen and Ranger fans clashed - also some Dynamo Berlin fans apparently)!

The clubs’ supporters have a “reciprocal agreement” under which Aberdeen is supported if it plays in southern England, out of range of its own fanbase.

I didn't see any Aberdeen supporters beating up Hearts fans when we were there. This agreement needs looking into.

2 1/2 years for "being seen trying to break off a young tree to use as a weapon"

fudging ridiculous.

What a brick choice of weapon

It ain't like the old days mate ;)

I did a lot of arm waving back then :D

You and me both. These guys get 2.5 years inside I went on to be a VP at an investment bank in the City. Luckily we didn't get criminalised for arm waving in a threatening manner back then.

You and me both. These guys get 2.5 years inside I went on to be a VP at an investment bank in the City. Luckily we didn't get criminalised for arm waving in a threatening manner back then.

The difference here is you no doubt reacted to something that happened at a football game.
These guys though have gone way out of their way just to look for a fight. Its about intent.

when you consider what the guy on here whose wife was stalked got given only a year after years of scary nasty brick it seems a bit off to me.

Back