• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Spurs & Covid

As someone who lost their Mother in October and then tested positive for COVID 5 days after being "allowed" to say goodbye to her in hospital 24 hours before she died, the lack of respect shown by some people for others p!sses me off a bit. Not just these 3, but kids partying, blokes that think they're hard and rules don't apply to them, people that think it's ok not to wear a mask in a shop etc. etc. The vast majority of the population are making an effort, some are going above and beyond. Those that aren't should suffer the consequences. Unfortunately, there's a good chance they won't but somebody else will.

I for one genuinely worry if I'll be able to have a beer again with some of the people normally around me, if and when I eventually get back to my seat in the South Stand. Lamela, Lo Celso and Reguilon don't appear to have the same concerns :rolleyes:

Sorry to hear about your Mother mate and hope you are going to keep well. I could not agree more with the rest of your post. The really sad thing is all these arseholes who break the rules deserve the worse but as you say it will probably be the innocent folks they may infect.

Sorry to hear about your Mother mate and hope you are going to keep well. I could not agree more with the rest of your post. The really sad thing is all these arseholes who break the rules deserve the worse but as you say it will probably be the innocent folks they may infect.

Cheers PL. I'm fine as it goes, COVID wasn't a major issue for me, so I was lucky.

What get's me (and everybody else apparently) is the lock down. How many brain cells does it take to realise that the less you adhere to the restrictions the longer they'll be in place? Probably slightly more than it takes to decide not to have the vaccine. Still at least the lockdown is stopping us travelling to far, which saves us all from falling off the edge of the "flat" Earth o_O:confused:o_O

As someone who lost their Mother in October and then tested positive for COVID 5 days after being "allowed" to say goodbye to her in hospital 24 hours before she died, the lack of respect shown by some people for others p!sses me off a bit. Not just these 3, but kids partying, blokes that think they're hard and rules don't apply to them, people that think it's ok not to wear a mask in a shop etc. etc. The vast majority of the population are making an effort, some are going above and beyond. Those that aren't should suffer the consequences. Unfortunately, there's a good chance they won't but somebody else will.

I for one genuinely worry if I'll be able to have a beer again with some of the people normally around me, if and when I eventually get back to my seat in the South Stand. Lamela, Lo Celso and Reguilon don't appear to have the same concerns :rolleyes:
My condolences for your loss and I hope you have a swift and full recovery.

Apologies quoting my own post :oops: but thought I'd better clarify the above as I'm worried some might think I'm at death's door*. COVID was a 2 week wonder for me and aside from feeling lethargic for a couple of weeks (no change there then ;)) I'm fine and have been for a month or more now. My concern is for some of the good friends I have a WHL with whom I've shared so much, despite only seeing them every other week, but of whom I would not be surprised if they fell into the "vunerable" category. You'll all be "delighted":rolleyes: to hear I'll be back as soon as we are allowed, helping to recover Beavertown's profits. I just hope everybody else is there too.

*Feel free to take back your sympathy likes:p

Sam Coates on Sky News just said elite sports cancelled....though this call kicks in from Wed morning so our game is ok?

Sorely International football should be called quits for the time being?

Is there any before mid Feb? If the new variant moves to the rest of Europe and their slow vaccination rates continue, then the Euros could feasibly be in danger

You've never entered a "work bubble" I can see.
I have.
Twice.
Run under NBA rules/conditions. Tested once every three days and non-figuratively bussed to and from the "site" with all food handled by others also within your bubble. I'd suggest that football is running along the same protocols.

I have a friend who is an agent who has and also from asking him players go home to wives who are allowed to go out and do the weekly shop and kids who have been at school.

Not especially. I would suggest that those locked in close quarters with football fans who themselves are not are probably more grateful than fans themselves. Think about it.

I have thought about it, I dont want the game cancelled at all, the point is that the general consensus is the players can take the risk as long as they provide a service you approve of, which is fine, but there is a risk to them regardless of protocols which are not there for much of the country who can work from home.

Point is I am not going to watch them take a risk for my entertainment and then slag them down for what is logically small risk based on their level of testing to see family and friends who are also heavily tested.

And I feel for people who have lost family and friends I truly do but I also think its slightly manipulative to place all that emotional blame on a small group of footballers when half the country were legally allowed to mingle at Christmas and it was only a month or so ago crowds were allowed at games so I would call for abit more balance of thought than misplaced emotion.

I am not saying they were right and I am not condoning breaking rules but lets not go OTT abit its and keep the accusations of what they need within proportion to the crime when people in another postcode were allowed to do exactly what they did on Christmas day.

Moeen Ali has walked off the plane in SA with Covid because the rules are allowing England to fly abroad to play cricket, I feel as aggrieved by that news because of the global situation than the Argie 4 and dont need the rules quoted to me to feel any different

Last edited:
Back