• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Spurs Brentford OMT

Chelsea handed Arsenal 3 goals, it was nothing to do with Arsenal making their luck. Tuchel was going mad after the game over it.
Like I said, they make their own luck. We will know when we meet them.

My assessment is they are a better team than us right now. Logical as they've had a longer time with Arteta and a string of good recruits.

Hopefully Conte finds a way to change it up and not the same dross we've seen in the last two games.

Like I said, they make their own luck. We will know when we meet them.

My assessment is they are a better team than us right now. Logical as they've had a longer time with Arteta and a string of good recruits.

Hopefully Conte finds a way to change it up and not the same dross we've seen in the last two games.
How is being handed 3 goals making your own luck? And how will we know if they're creating their own luck when we meet them? Makes no sense.

Have you watched Arsenal play? They have players around the ball all the time in possession.
Chelsea makes a mistake and there are Arsenal players there to capitalize - that's making your own luck.
Arsenal press and pass and move, their problem has been they haven't really clicked and just haven't got any world class players, recently they have looked good because of the way they play. I would compare them to a budget Emirates Marketing Project, play a similar way but the level of player is just not what they need just yet.

Arsenal press and pass and move, their problem has been they haven't really clicked and just haven't got any world class players, recently they have looked good because of the way they play. I would compare them to a budget Emirates Marketing Project, play a similar way but the level of player is just not what they need just yet.

agree. very inconsistent but understandable as the team is very young.

Recently - Nketiah, Tavares.
From earlier this season - Saka, Ben White, Ramsdale, Odegaard, Tomiyasu and Smith-Rowe
Looks like the overhaul of the core is almost done and a new generation team in place.

I think they will be better than us next season while we continue our own overhaul.
That’s mainly their signings
I mean a couple are youth players but most cost ££££
Same as us with Kulu for example or Romero who is the same age as white I believe

Last edited:
Perhaps, but I think that Brentford played football yesterday and we didn’t exploit it. They certainly didn’t set up to stifle us in the same way that Brighton did. I thought they were quite proactive in sending men forward.

A fair point. They were a little freer than Brighton the previous week, but more along those lines than not.

That was the precise moment I walked out and sat in the yard to cool down and didnt bother with rest of the game. Worst signing since Gilberto. Although saying that I remember us playing at Derby in 2008. We won 3-0 but Kevin-Prince Boateng passed the ball directly into touch on 3 occasions in one half. It still ranks with me as the worst individual display by a player in a Spurs shirt that I can recollect

Recently - Nketiah, Tavares.
From earlier this season - Saka, Ben White, Ramsdale, Odegaard, Tomiyasu and Smith-Rowe
Looks like the overhaul of the core is almost done and a new generation team in place.

I think they will be better than us next season while we continue our own overhaul.

Nketiah is leaving, and a bunch of the others I wouldnt say are proven or are inconsistent. Ramsdale is a liability. I think most of our better players are more proven than theirs so if we sign say 3 players for our starting 11, we'll be above them next year but they're certainly in a better place than they were a couple years ago

Which of the players above eventually become top, top players remains to be seen. We've had many younger players who've looked promising for a season or two, but hit a ceiling.

Have you watched Arsenal play? They have players around the ball all the time in possession.
Chelsea makes a mistake and there are Arsenal players there to capitalize - that's making your own luck.

This. The one common factor in all the mistakes they've supposedly benefited from is having players swarming around the ball ready to capitalize.

Our dopey bunch half-heartedly press, half-heartedly close down, play stupidly loose passes, cannot trap a bag of cement. Then when the opponent makes mistakes (and both Brighton and Brentford have made mistakes), no one is around to capitalize for us.

You make your own luck. They made theirs. We didn't, and aren't.

That was the precise moment I walked out and sat in the yard to cool down and didnt bother with rest of the game. Worst signing since Gilberto. Although saying that I remember us playing at Derby in 2008. We won 3-0 but Kevin-Prince Boateng passed the ball directly into touch on 3 occasions in one half. It still ranks with me as the worst individual display by a player in a Spurs shirt that I can recollect

There's a looooooot of competition for that dubious honour. Etienne Capoue, Vlad Chiriches, Roberto Soldado, Benjamin Stambouli, Federico Fazio, Vincent Janssen, Davinson Sanchez, Serge Aurier, Giovani Lo Celso, Joe Hart....

Personally I think that title will always go to Tanguy Ndombele, though. For what it's worth, I think he was the worst signing in our entire history from a cost-benefit perspective, and this is despite our litany of expensive flops from Rebrov to Bent.

Ndombele takes the cake, and it will be very hard to ever find someone quite as fat and useless as Tanguy was here. And *will be* again, if we don't find some fools to take him on a permanent deal come the summer.

This. The one common factor in all the mistakes they've supposedly benefited from is having players swarming around the ball ready to capitalize.

Our dopey bunch half-heartedly press, half-heartedly close down, play stupidly loose passes, cannot trap a bag of cement. Then when the opponent makes mistakes (and both Brighton and Brentford have made mistakes), no one is around to capitalize for us.

You make your own luck. They made theirs. We didn't, and aren't.

I think you also have to -

Look at Chelski’s team selection against them
Balance Man U’d bad luck and ridiculous decision which saw Fernandes take a pen that Ronaldo usually takes. Plus Ronaldo’s goal was not offside.

Back