• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Sports Personality Of The Year...

Feel for Murray really. Any other year and he probably would've walked it.

Most years nearly any of the twelve would have walked it. The year Giggs won any or that 12 and a few others (e.g. Laura Trott) would have been deserving winners.

I think Mo is the unlucky one as there were four who deserved top three.

Would have preferred to see Ennis or Murray win it personally. I'm not dismissing what Wiggins achieved, but I think it should be at least noted that the TDF is a team event, whereas Murray and Ennis have to do everything themselves without any help. Wiggins winning another gold in London was a great achievement, I would have put him 3rd.

Would have preferred to see Ennis or Murray win it personally. I'm not dismissing what Wiggins achieved, but I think it should be at least noted that the TDF is a team event, whereas Murray and Ennis have to do everything themselves without any help. Wiggins winning another gold in London was a great achievement, I would have put him 3rd.

It is also Sports Personality and Wiggo defo has bags of that

It is also Sports Personality and Wiggo defo has bags of that

People get too bogged down on the word 'personality' IMO. That's not really what the award is about. I mean Lewis Hamilton has been nominated for it before and he has no personality to speak of. They may as well rename it the sports achievement award.

People get too bogged down on the word 'personality' IMO. That's not really what the award is about. I mean Lewis Hamilton has been nominated for it before and he has no personality to speak of. They may as well rename it the sports achievement award.

I actually think wiggins is a bit of a pratt with all the posing and being so image obessed, i expect from ennis because she a bird and they are like that. Actually i think Murrary has best personality because he is such a moody prick and i mean that in a nice way, i now actually quite like him.

I actually think wiggins is a bit of a pratt with all the posing and being so image obessed, i expect from ennis because she a bird and they are like that. Actually i think Murrary has best personality because he is such a moody prick and i mean that in a nice way, i now actually quite like him.

Yeah his fair looks fudging silly, it's not cool. I admire the fact that he speaks his mind, but he comes across as a bit moody sometimes, maybe it's because he's not overly comfortable in the spotlight.

The media have a lot to answer for when it comes to people disliking Murray. Yeah he's moody on court, but that whole Paraguay shirt story was completely made up, and people STILL hate him for it.

I'm really lost over Ennis I don't get what she did that put her above any other British medal winner? Apart from being on posters that is.
Murray? He lost as much as he won this year. He cant win it ahead of others that have dominated their sports this year.

I'm really lost over Ennis I don't get what she did that put her above any other British medal winner? Apart from being on posters that is.
Murray? He lost as much as he won this year. He cant win it ahead of others that have dominated their sports this year.

There is a reason that Murray doesn't dominate his sport, because he's playing in the toughest era of mens tennis in decades, possibly ever. Him and Ennis were under far more pressure than Wiggins to deliver in their respective sports this year. Ennis was under more pressure than any other Brit at the Olympics this year as she was expected to get gold in her event, track and field will always be the glamour event at the Olympics. And I can't even begin to imagine the pressure that Murray is under every year to win Wimbledon, must be almost impossible for him to get away from the circus that surrounds Wimbledon every June.

There seems to be a bit of a superiority complex amongst some cycling fans. Not saying that applies to anyone in particular on here and I accept that the TDF is a gruelling, but should the person who wins the TDF automatically win Sports Personality every year? Yes it's a tough sport, but I don't see what puts cyclists achievements in their sports head and shoulders above every other sport as each sport is different and has it's certain obstacles to overcome.

Last edited:
What about Mo? I thought he was a big name.

Bigger taco then wiggins what with the whole weird hands on head thing, every fudger i knew when i came back to england after a month away in the summer was doing it, i honestly wondered what the fudge was going on with grown adults doing this in the street and supermarket.

There seems to be a bit of a superiority complex amongst some cycling fans. Not saying that applies to anyone in particular on here and I accept that the TDF is a gruelling, but should the person who wins the TDF automatically win Sports Personality every year? Yes it's a tough sport, but I don't see what puts cyclists achievements in their sports head and shoulders above every other sport as each sport is different and has it's certain obstacles to overcome.

I agree with that and you or someone else made a good point about wiggins having a team behind him the tdf where as murrary and ennis have to do it all by themselves. Ennis doing it in so many different sportss just edges it for me, but then how murrary came back from losing the wimbledon final impressed me so much.

I agree with that and you or someone else made a good point about wiggins having a team behind him the tdf where as murrary and ennis have to do it all by themselves. Ennis doing it in so many different sportss just edges it for me, but then how murrary came back from losing the wimbledon final impressed me so much.

Yeah I was just going to say that. She won the hurdles in the Heptathlon with a time that would have won the hurdles event proper at the previous Olympics.

It should be Thomas, England netball for team, and Southgate for coach. The third summer of love stuff was great, but ultimately Kane won nothing for club or country

Back