• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Son Heung-Min

Seen a clip of Trippier and Son after the match. Son gives Trippier his shirt and it sounds as if Trippier says to Son about going to Saudi Sportswashing Machine, to which Son says that he’s staying at Tottenham.

Seen a clip of Trippier and Son after the match. Son gives Trippier his shirt and it sounds as if Trippier says to Son about going to Saudi Sportswashing Machine, to which Son says that he’s staying at Tottenham.

No chance we sell son. The amount of money and attention he brings to the club from asia is insane. Also one of our best players.

No chance we sell son. The amount of money and attention he brings to the club from asia is insane. Also one of our best players.

I definitely hope not. He’s huge for us, and a player that supporters of other teams admire hugely. I was pointing out more that Trippier appeared to try to persuade Son to move to Saudi Sportswashing Machine, but Son was having none of it.

I should hope so, seeing as he signed a four year deal only a few months back!

Still not at his best imo, but with end product flowing again I'm guessing he will be soon.

And this is why you let your best players play their way back to form. Always a threat even if not fully on form and the upside when they find form is huge.

It’s why it’s a team game. That way if one or two players have an off day, hopefully other players can make up for that. Like yesterday Lloris made a mistake for their goal but the team pushed hard from there to record an impressive win.

Still not at his best imo, but with end product flowing again I'm guessing he will be soon.

And this is why you let your best players play their way back to form. Always a threat even if not fully on form and the upside when they find form is huge.

Thing is, his end product was still good even when he was playing absolute dogbrick. I'm not one for using most stats in isolation but his goals and assists record, which are a fairly pure measurement, was always strong.

Your second point is spot on. Son is undroppable for me. Same as Kane. If they're fit, they play because they have so much quality. When we lose, people need a spacegoat and the high profile, high earners are an easy target. Talk of playing Bergwijn, who I do rate, over Sonny was nonsense. Same as the talk of selling Kane when we weren't doing so well - funnily enough, I haven't seen one of those posts in a while.

Absolutely. So lucky to have a player of his quality in our ranks.
So glad that for whatever reason he is evading the attention of the media and other clubs.
I think Son is grateful that Spurs took a big chance on him when his national service was due.
Though we all new Levy was just playing the odds...

What you see with Son is what you get, there are times when his feet move before his brain kicks in and he has games that he struggles in. However he is always a threat to the opposistion and long may he be so.

His confidence took a bit of a hammering i think. He didn't look himself in recent training videos. Usually he's laughing and joking. The 2 goals and massive hug from conte the other week has hopefully got him back. At his best he is truely world class.

I think the criticism of his recent displays is bordering on ludicrous.
I don't. There's nothing wrong with differing opinions as long as people can use evidence to back them up.
With that said, I forget which match it was where Son was slipping around and just running directly into defenders recently, maybe around a month ago. IMO, he was eligible for criticism after that performance but I will also say that there's a reason I got an away kit with his name on it. And no, it's not because of my Asian Attention™; he probably is my favorite player at the club for his ability AND personality. However, if Kulusevski keeps up what he's doing, I might have to get his name on the next kit I buy (would be better bang for the buck, too).

When Son is off form he can sometimes/often look absolutely useless - combine that with our patchy/poor form this season then it's easy to see why there was more scrutiny on him at times, especially as before Kulusevski it was only him and Kane we could look to for attacking threat.

When Son is off form he can sometimes/often look absolutely useless - combine that with our patchy/poor form this season then it's easy to see why there was more scrutiny on him at times, especially as before Kulusevski it was only him and Kane we could look to for attacking threat.
That's the other side of Son: can be low-impact for long stretches but then chip in with a goal or assist. Sometimes scores really important goals too.

Also, I think with Kulusevski and Bentancur in the team, the Kane and Son look a bit less selfish as well.

Back