• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Son Heung-Min

544 hours?! That is a full time job for a LOT of weeks... surely that is a typo? Will take him so so long to do that with a few hours here and there.
2 hours per day of video calls is 272 days = 55 weeks of 5 days a week = over a year?

South Korea in a really good position in their group - good chance that they will secure qualification with a couple of games to spare.

Prepare for a Spurs v South Korea row in january by the way. :tired:

South Korea play their next qualifier on 26 January against Lebanon. We play Chelsea on 23 January.

Shows how poor we've been at creating chances. Imagine if Redknapp's Spurs side had had Sonny and Kane up top.

On the other hand, the fact that Mane, Firmino and Jota trail so far behind xG shows just how good the current Liverpool side are at creating chances. Admittedly, their forwards create many of those chances for each other so it's not as simple as saying that swapping in "decent forwards" would make them absolute world-beaters, but it is an indication.

Shows how poor we've been at creating chances. Imagine if Redknapp's Spurs side had had Sonny and Kane up top.

On the other hand, the fact that Mane, Firmino and Jota trail so far behind xG shows just how good the current Liverpool side are at creating chances. Admittedly, their forwards create many of those chances for each other so it's not as simple as saying that swapping in "decent forwards" would make them absolute world-beaters, but it is an indication.

We would have probably won the league. Harry's team was ridiculously creative. We created many chances but our useless non goal scoring strikers couldn't put the ball in the net (I'm thinking of Crouch in fudging particular). It go to the point even Are scored 17 goals and he was even No9. We were just so good at creating chances.

Sometimes when watching Son I wince at the number of his sprints.

Top sprinters* are built differently, they have fast-twitch muscles, huge load on the thighs and hamstrings, can only sustain <20 sprints before something pops.

As usual today Son was sprinting all over the place which is FANTASTIC for Spurs, absolutely wonderful.

But just as I was thinking about our "7 or so" games in December and whether Son could keep up this workload... he got a knock and went down and held his right hamstring briefly.

Then hobbled off. I think he got a minor scare in his right hamstring and we need to wrap this guy in cotton wool.

He is elite and cannot perform 90 minutes of sprints twice per week.

Just look at Lo Celso's fitness rate and think about the number of explosive sprints Son performs.

*Reminds me of watching Linford Christie and John Regis back in the day, they were always coming back from injury or about to have an injury, they only work for 10 or 20 seconds, but it is such high intensity work that a hamstring can rupture.

In the first half he destroyed Charlie Goode, every time they played their pass it around the back routine he shut him down and Goode was scared of getting the ball as his only option was hit it first time anywhere.

Back