• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Son Heung-Min

I'll take your word for it. Still, the Winks pre-injury was a player I thought we could build upon. The current one, not so much unfortunately. He is a player more suited for a team not wanting to be poorer than a team wanting to be better IMHO.
It was a bad injury. The Burnley one?

I get it, Kane scores more goals and is more valuable, and last season we saw again what a great player he is. However, when we are without Kane, and Son is leading the line, as a team we do better than when Son is out and Kane is in the team. Kane is either isolated as he was against Palace, or he comes so deep that when we attack our best finisher is miles away from the box.

He was never fast but his lack of pace is glaring at the moment. We miss the mobility of Son

Last edited:
I'll take your word for it. Still, the Winks pre-injury was a player I thought we could build upon. The current one, not so much unfortunately. He is a player more suited for a team not wanting to be poorer than a team wanting to be better IMHO.
Quite sad really.

I remember the Winks that dominated the Real Madrid midfield a few years ago. I keep hoping that version will return but it’s looking increasingly less likely. I’ve tried hanging on but I’m on the verge of getting off the bandwagon

Extraordinary that a team with such a deadly attack should have done so poorly last season. We will remember Son as one of the best forwards in the club's history. I love seeing players sprinting with the ball, those spine-tingling
moments of disbelief as a player scorches past the opposition to set up or score a goal.

Extraordinary that a team with such a deadly attack should have done so poorly last season. We will remember Son as one of the best forwards in the club's history. I love seeing players sprinting with the ball, those spine-tingling
moments of disbelief as a player scorches past the opposition to set up or score a goal.

We would have done a lot better if the tactics weren’t so negative and our CB’s weren’t so crap. Kane and Son scored 40 league goals between them. You should be pushing the top 4/challenging for the title if you can produce that kind output offensively so for me the blame lays squarely with the back four.

We would have done a lot better if the tactics weren’t so negative and our CB’s weren’t so crap. Kane and Son scored 40 league goals between them. You should be pushing the top 4/challenging for the title if you can produce that kind output offensively so for me the blame lays squarely with the back four.
You still need others contributing goals
40 goals is just over 1 per game
Where are the other goals coming from

Agreed but Bale scored 11 league goals. We didn’t get enough contribution from the other forwards and midfielders but the CB’s were easily our biggest weakness last season who mainly cost us with silly mistakes.

Title? Nah, not even close most seasons. Top 4 though, I agree with. We scored 68 goals last season, which was joint 3rd last season and would have been 4th the season before that. In fact, our 67 goals in 2018/19 got us 4th place, behind Chelsea (only 63 goals) and ahead of Arsenal (73!).

I'm not laying the blame squarely with our back four though. We clearly had instructions to sit back and defend after going a goal up. With Verts and Toby at the back, and a decent DM in front of them, that might have worked, but not last season. ANY non-world class defence would struggle when your whole team is sitting back and conceding possession. As we all saw, opposing teams realised that they could just save their energy and over-run us at the end of each match. It was idiotic management.

Okay, so Bale got a good chunk of those, but you'd expect any attacking player to nab at least a handful. Even our midfielders should be expected to contribute a few goals.

For the sake of argument, let's assume a 4-3-3 with Son and Kane (with their 40 goals) at LW and CF. The third attacker (Bale last season, Moura or Bergwijn this time) should contribute at least 5 goals. Pessimistically, add 3 each from the midfielders (mostly Hojbjerg, Alli, Ndombele), 2 set piece headers from each CB and another 2 from each full back. That's 62 goals already. Add a few from the subs (esp. the 4th and 5th attackers) and you've got a top 4 goal return.

It'd be nice to score a few more though!

Back