• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Son Heung-Min

Interesting that he mentioned the respect that he's been shown by the club. We've really done well by him and it truly seems he values that.
And also great that he's still saying that his focus is on winning with us.

It's a really good win for the club

- The guy was 22 goals/17 assists last season, for 5 seasons has scored a minimum of 18 and has basically committed his top level career now to us.
- Losing him and Kane would have been a disaster.

“It was already a big honour to play here for six years, the club have showed me massive, massive respect and obviously I’m very happy to be here," said Son after putting pen-to-paper on a new contract.

“It’s like home, especially with the fans, the players, the staff. There was no decision. It was easy. I’m so happy to be here and will be so glad to see the fans again soon."

Such a simple, happy person. Works hard, tries his best, let's his football do most of his talking.
“It was already a big honour to play here for six years, the club have showed me massive, massive respect and obviously I’m very happy to be here," said Son after putting pen-to-paper on a new contract.

“It’s like home, especially with the fans, the players, the staff. There was no decision. It was easy. I’m so happy to be here and will be so glad to see the fans again soon."

Sent from my SM-G998B using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Excellent to have Son commit to a new contract. I don't rate him as highly as some on here, but he's still a fantastic player and seems like a genuinely good guy. We couldn't replace him if we tried.

Excellent to have Son commit to a new contract. I don't rate him as highly as some on here, but he's still a fantastic player and seems like a genuinely good guy. We couldn't replace him if we tried.

Fantastic person but a hot and cold player, when he is hot he is red hot and when he is cold he is frustrating as hell.

Fantastic person but a hot and cold player, when he is hot he is red hot and when he is cold he is frustrating as hell.

I don't think he's that hot and cold, over a season he's pretty consistent 18-22 goals each season for five in a row.

I personally think Son is a high energy player and those "cold" moments have come when we have overplayed the fudge out of him.

I find it no surprise that when he comes back from a break/injury he always looks good, unlike say Kane that takes a while to get back to game pace.

I don't think he's that hot and cold, over a season he's pretty consistent 18-22 goals each season for five in a row.

I personally think Son is a high energy player and those "cold" moments have come when we have overplayed the fudge out of him.

I find it no surprise that when he comes back from a break/injury he always looks good, unlike say Kane that takes a while to get back to game pace.
Him and Kane basically play every minute they are available for, if we could rotate them with some genuine competition for their places I think we’d see a similar output as they’d be fresher at the business end of the season. It’s just difficult to target their positions for an upgrade when there are bigger priorities on starting positions elsewhere!

Not sure if covered already, and let me be clear, great news Son has 'signed da ting'.

But... why?

I mean, i love the guy, people can say he's hot and cold, but his stats as a winger are one of the best in the league, plain and simple.

But why on earth has he committed to us? He's got one year left, could walk into almost any of the big boy clubs here or abroad, has won NOTHING with us, or potentially no honours for club level ever. Just don't get at a professional level why he would sign for Spurs when he could go elsewhere, win stuff and earn more money.

Seems a bit, i dunno, just dont what we can offer when you're hitting that age in your career.

Not sure if covered already, and let me be clear, great news Son has 'signed da ting'.

But... why?

I mean, i love the guy, people can say he's hot and cold, but his stats as a winger are one of the best in the league, plain and simple.

But why on earth has he committed to us? He's got one year left, could walk into almost any of the big boy clubs here or abroad, has won NOTHING with us, or potentially no honours for club level ever. Just don't get at a professional level why he would sign for Spurs when he could go elsewhere, win stuff and earn more money.

Seems a bit, i dunno, just dont what we can offer when you're hitting that age in your career.
But Son has won trophies. The Asia Cup and a few Asian Footballer of the Year awards. He's at a club in the second tier of world football, settled and adored. Sure, he could upgrade to one of the top tier clubs, but perhaps he's happy here and values that more than huge stacks of cash or trophies that come far too easily thanks to financial doping.

But... why?

Because not everyone is shallow piece of brick looking for external validation.

He's happy, he's paid well, respected in the club and we made allowances for him, he's already a legend for his country.

The rarity of trophies do make them special, but this modern take that every footballer who doesn't have a closet full of trophies is somehow a failure is so much flimflam, every tennis player who hasn't won a grand slam is a loser?

Playing at this level in and of itself is success, can any of us imagine saying "hey, I played 15 years of top level football and made enough money to fudging retire at 35 but I sucked because I didn't play for a club on easy mode?" some players have the choice (Son opted to stay, I'm sure Lamela would have if he had that option)

But... why?

Respect. We respected him, so he is respecting us.

Because not everyone is shallow piece of brick looking for external validation.

He's happy, he's paid well, respected in the club and we made allowances for him, he's already a legend for his country.

The rarity of trophies do make them special, but this modern take that every footballer who doesn't have a closet full of trophies is somehow a failure is so much flimflam, every tennis player who hasn't won a grand slam is a loser?

Playing at this level in and of itself is success, can any of us imagine saying "hey, I played 15 years of top level football and made enough money to fudging retire at 35 but I sucked because I didn't play for a club on easy mode?" some players have the choice (Son opted to stay, I'm sure Lamela would have if he had that option)

YES! AGREED!
I said virtually the same on the latest pod.

Back