• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Son Heung-Min

So, with Kane going, and us not winning things, and Son in need to sign a new contract (which he has yet to do so), can easily see not just Kane leaving but Son too.

He's ambitious and knows he's carried this team, but he's also spent what 6 or 7 seasons here with fudge all to show. I fear a lot of people may overestimate Son's desire to stick around.

So, with Kane going, and us not winning things, and Son in need to sign a new contract (which he has yet to do so), can easily see not just Kane leaving but Son too.

He's ambitious and knows he's carried this team, but he's also spent what 6 or 7 seasons here with fudge all to show. I fear a lot of people may overestimate Son's desire to stick around.
If both went then we'd have to be very careful how we replaced them as without a couple of players who could hit the ground running we are a genuine relegation battler with both of those guys missing.

If both went then we'd have to be very careful how we replaced them as without a couple of players who could hit the ground running we are a genuine relegation battler with both of those guys missing.

lot of people will be thinking "well keep him, his contract isn't up" but we have also hung on to players a long time previously and running his contract lower means loss of a fee to improve the squad.

A lot of discussion about Kane, but i think we may face the issue of both our top starts leaving.

lot of people will be thinking "well keep him, his contract isn't up" but we have also hung on to players a long time previously and running his contract lower means loss of a fee to improve the squad.

A lot of discussion about Kane, but i think we may face the issue of both our top starts leaving.
Can see him being sold if he doesn’t sign
There was talk he has signed and it’s been delayed as an announcement, but that was from the bell end Romano
Kane has 3 years left... he isn’t leaving unless the club decide. It’s that simple for his situation

Both won't be leaving and Son hasn't carried this team. Kane is our only world class player and is a couple of levels above Son.
I'd be happy to cash in on Son due to his age and his inconsistency. Brilliant on his day but just as likely to be useless.
He's the player most likely to generate decent funds outside of Kane and speed up the rebuild a bit.

Sell him, another one that could get £70m if the right club comes in.

Hitchen would spend that on another Doherty, Bergwijn and Sessegnon.
There's no point trying to cleverly sell our best players off at the right moment for maximum value when our incomings are completely hit and miss.

If we are going go down the Dortmund/Leipzig model we need to be snapping up the best young players on the cheap like they are.
We need to be identifying these players before anyone else does.

There's no point trying to cleverly sell our best players off at the right moment for maximum value when our incomings are completely hit and miss.

If we are going go down the Dortmund/Leipzig model we need to be snapping up the best young players on the cheap like they are.
Couldn't agree more. I absolutely do not trust the scouts/transfer committee to spend the money that Kane and/or Son would bring in. It's surprising how quickly that money could be spent on average players.
Would you rather Son or Sanchez and Sissoko? Selling your best players very rarely ends up with your team being stronger as a result. Although Leicester and Liverpool have shown it can be done, I'd argue they have a much better scouting network, Leicester especially.

Everybody us hit and miss in the transfer market.
Remember kieta that Liverpool spent a fortune on to get signed up a year before he arrived. The guy was going to boss the PL.
Where is he now?
the lad from ajax at utd?
City and Chelsea squads are littered with them.

Remember kieta that Liverpool spent a fortune on to get signed up a year before he arrived. The guy was going to boss the PL.
Where is he now?
But the successes are the ones people reference because buying is easy .... getting it right is the hard part
Our issue is actually selling IMO

Where is he now?

No mate you have to get with the program, its only us that signs brick players.:) or so i keep reading.

I have little to no confidence that with our current recruitment team we would get anyone nearly as good as Son if we were to cash in on him.
Has to be hard
We’re talking a world class player on his day
But people also forget son took time to become the player he is today

We bought son, Eriksen and and dele for less than £40 million combined.
Funny that seldom gets mentioned.

Not 100% on the sum total being that cheap but not far off.....Eriksen was an odd one as it was clear he was going to be class and excelled against England apart even if it wasn't the most important game.

Makes sense to be speaking about the Dane in this thread as I just get this achy feeling of a similar situation given the contract situation. We're in a position where we're massively over reliant on two players who could reasonably be wanting to leave. Bit of a worry on the long term squad planning as to how we've got here, it just doesn't seem like there's anyone to step up and replace these players should they leave nevermind provide them competition for them whilst here.

Not 400% on the sum total being that cheap but not far off.....Eriksen was an odd one as it was clear he was going to be class and excelled against England apart even if it wasn't the most important game.

Makes sense to be speaking about the Dane in this thread as I just get this achy feeling of a similar situation given the contract situation. We're in a position where we're massively over reliant on two players who could reasonably be wanting to leave. Bit of a worry on the long term squad planning as to how we've got here, it just doesn't seem like there's anyone to step up and replace these players should they leave nevermind provide them competition for them whilst here.

It's what happens when you get over the line in qualifying for CL (when it was clear little was left in the tank and reinforcements were needed) and you inexplicably don't sign a single player after this (summer 2018).

As was warned by myself and several others at the time, that was a suicidal move and yes we are paying dearly for it now

Back