• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Son Heung-Min

They are both wing forwards. And Son has played as the main striker for months when Kane has been injured. To be considered one of the elite level forwards you need to be scoring more goals than what Son has done in previous seasons.

Before I would have had Son down as more of a scorer of great goals rather than a great goalscorer, but now I think hes coming to that level where he can be both....
When son plays as a striker he has a better record than salah. It’s a goal a game almost

It is very hard now to remember how frustrated I have been with Sonny at times earlier, now that he is fulfilling his world-beating potential. I have to try, though, otherwise I think my man-crush on him would just explode into a bazillion multicoloured icecrystals wrecking havoc to this open office space I'm sitting in. It is more or less empty officespace, but still...

It's really interesting to get a glimpse into the mindset of top players, e.g. Harry's comment on his passing score on FIFA early in season.

- Last night Son said he watched the club match promo, and in best strikes against Arsenal he wasn't included ...

fudging guy went into the match with the mentality, I going to score a fudging screamer just because ...

If it's true, it's the best bit of news since Mr Kipling had a proper think about his future and decided to make cakes.

Good luck to him and I certainly don't begrudge him the £200k. He's been brilliant for a long time and it's great the club are tying him down.

But I would question how effective Sonny will be when he hits 32 or 33. 6 years seems a long contract.

Good luck to him and I certainly don't begrudge him the £200k. He's been brilliant for a long time and it's great the club are tying him down.

But I would question how effective Sonny will be when he hits 32 or 33. 6 years seems a long contract.
A 6-year contract means very little apart from "get your hands off unless you want Mr Levy to bring out the lube".

I suspect that Sonny will become considerably less effective as he loses his pace -- he's not going to evolve into a deeper-lying wide midfielder or a #10. Assuming that we're still where we are now as a club (or even better, hopefully), he'll have a chance to move on for a good pay-day, if that's what he wants. I can see a Chinese or J-League club absolutely breaking the bank for him.

As to whether he deserves £200k/week, well, in this day and age another club would pay him double that. If his season continues like it's started, he'll deserve to be in the Ballon d'Or top ten, maybe even the top 5. World class.

A 6-year contract means very little apart from "get your hands off unless you want Mr Levy to bring out the lube".

I suspect that Sonny will become considerably less effective as he loses his pace -- he's not going to evolve into a deeper-lying wide midfielder or a #10. Assuming that we're still where we are now as a club (or even better, hopefully), he'll have a chance to move on for a good pay-day, if that's what he wants. I can see a Chinese or J-League club absolutely breaking the bank for him.

As to whether he deserves £200k/week, well, in this day and age another club would pay him double that. If his season continues like it's started, he'll deserve to be in the Ballon d'Or top ten, maybe even the top 5. World class.

Good points and he absolutely deserves the 200k a week. No doubt about it.

Yeah, it allows us to hopefully get his best years of productivity in a Spurs shirt and still be able to sell him when, perhaps, he's no longer able to perform at the top level of the PL and might fancy another challenge, different pace or style of team.

It means that Son is happy to stay at Spurs, which is the important thing.

I suspect that in a few years time as his pace starts to drop there would be a VERY big money move to be made to China for Son.

Back