• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Son Heung-Min

If we’d signed either in Jan I think most would’ve said ‘thank fcuk we’ve actually got a number 9 in the squad’.
Do you go to the games and meet other fans?
Our fans have certain expectations and if we signed Bob from Timbuktoo rhey wouldn’t accept it
It’s kinda back to when we had some guys in trail one summer than no one ever heard of and never did once they left

If we’d signed either in Jan I think most would’ve said ‘thank fcuk we’ve actually got a number 9 in the squad’.
Remember the last time we desperately needed a number 9?

s_42411_603_2013_10_18_1.jpg

Or that other time?

13239-1410951034.jpg

Remember the last time we desperately needed a number 9?

s_42411_603_2013_10_18_1.jpg

Or that other time?

13239-1410951034.jpg

Yeah I do, it was after some more sensational squad building.

Somehow, selling your entire front line, one of them on deadline day, ended up leaving us desperate for options.

Who could have possibly predicted?

Incidentally, I think that window was a perfect example of prioritising business over football for us. Got the extra 5-10 million for Berbatov. GHod knows how many millions we lost out on firing Ramos, hiring Redknapp, buying his players and dropping down the table and out of Europe altogether that season.

Yeah I do, it was after some more sensational squad building.

Somehow, selling your entire front line, one of them on deadline day, ended up leaving us desperate for options.

Who could have possibly predicted?

Incidentally, I think that window was a perfect example of prioritising business over football for us. Got the extra 5-10 million for Berbatov. GHod knows how many millions we lost out on firing Ramos, hiring Redknapp, buying his players and dropping down the table and out of Europe altogether that season.
Appointing a proper football manager, rather than a used car salesman might have ended up differently.

If we signed any of them two their would have been riots on the high street at Tottenham
But again your entitled to your opinion

Were there riots on the high Street when we sold our entire front line, one on deadline day and signed a Man Utd kid on loan to cover?

When we went a whole season without signing a single player?

When Levy threatened to move to Stratford?

When we fired Jol mid game?

So why would fans riot about bringing someone in on a short term deal, having not done so for the above? (I'm not talking specifically about Villa's two).

Most fans have the intelligence of asses. Even when they're upset, they get over it pretty quickly.

Appointing a proper football manager, rather than a used car salesman might have ended up differently.

Could have, would have, should have.

Ramos was not a used car salesman either and he struggled. Not too surprising when you sell 50 goals and replace them with a kid on loan.

Were there riots on the high Street when we sold our entire front line, one on deadline day and signed a Man Utd kid on loan to cover?

When we went a whole season without signing a single player?

When Levy threatened to move to Stratford?

When we fired Jol mid game?

So why would fans riot about bringing someone in on a short term deal, having not done so for the above? (I'm not talking specifically about Villa's two).

Most fans have the intelligence of asses. Even when they're upset, they get over it pretty quickly.

No but it’s a different set of rules Under Jose

Could have, would have, should have.

Ramos was not a used car salesman either and he struggled. Not too surprising when you sell 50 goals and replace them with a kid on loan.
Ramos was a good manager who lost control - a bit like Poch.

No but it’s a different set of rules Under Jose

There's not though.

Fans are the same. There was unsurprisingly a lot more affection towards Poch or Jol than towards Mourinho but when I've been, the grumbling has been mostly quiet.

There will be no riots because, like most fans in the UK, spurs fans will pay for their tickets and sit there quietly in their seats, almost regardless of what happens.

And I imagine fans would probably have less grief with Mourinho if he had an option, even a short term one, to help with our current hump it up to Moura/ Bergwijn/ Dele tactic and then wonder why it keeps on coming back.

Ramos was a good manager who lost control - a bit like Poch.

You're right, he lost control of his leverage within the club.

Subsequently had his chairman make a business rather than football decision, sold the entire front line that had mostly carried us, waited out for deadline day to make a bit more money and replaced them with a Man Utd kid and a player we bought after good performances in the Euros.

Disastrous performances followed, to the surprise of almost nobody.

There's not though.

Fans are the same. There was unsurprisingly a lot more affection towards Poch or Jol than towards Mourinho but when I've been, the grumbling has been mostly quiet.

There will be no riots because, like most fans in the UK, spurs fans will pay for their tickets and sit there quietly in their seats, almost regardless of what happens.

And I imagine fans would probably have less grief with Mourinho if he had an option, even a short term one, to help with our current hump it up to Moura/ Bergwijn/ Dele tactic and then wonder why it keeps on coming back.
Ours fans are toxic IMO and very very fickle
I hear the rumblings at the ground and I’ve seen the burning of effigys
Yes I was exaggerating but if we brought a player fans hadn’t heard of with no track record the argument would be no ambition... buying mediocrity... club lost the plot!!!
Actually at the time we had son scoring a goal a game so the club decided not to buy those kinda players

Ours fans are toxic IMO and very very fickle
I hear the rumblings at the ground and I’ve seen the burning of effigys
Yes I was exaggerating but if we bought a player fans hadn’t heard of with no track record the argument would be no ambition... buying mediocrity... club lost the plot!!!
Actually at the time we had son scoring a goal a game so the club decided not to buy those kinda players

Perhaps we have different friends/ people around us but none of my friends/ people I sit around in the stadium would have been unhappy with a short term option. I don't know a single Man Utd fan, fanbase with much higher expectations, who are unhappy with Ighalo.

I said during the window that it was a difficult situation and the fudge up was not necessarily in that window itself but in the preceding 2-3, where we'd left ourselves in the situation with Kane or Son as out only striking options and failed to replace Llorente, a player who had a huge role in us reaching the biggest game in our clubs history.

I said if we didn't feel he was worth it, I didn't feel it was a good idea to purchase Piatek for example for 30 million on a 5 year contract.

This is TOTALLY different from a) good planning beforehand to avoid this situation and b) finding someone on a short term basis for 6 months to make up numbers and provide a focal point for a manager that likes to play with one.

Nobody I know would have be upset with am ighalo style deal because they would have seen it for what it was.

You're right, he lost control of his leverage within the club.

Subsequently had his chairman make a business rather than football decision, sold the entire front line that had mostly carried us, waited out for deadline day to make a bit more money and replaced them with a Man Utd kid and a player we bought after good performances in the Euros.

Disastrous performances followed, to the surprise of almost nobody.
When you run a football club, business decisions are football decisons and vice versa.

Without selling Berbatov, we might never have been able to get Modric.

Perhaps we have different friends/ people around us but none of my friends/ people I sit around in the stadium would have been unhappy with a short term option. I don't know a single Man Utd fan, fanbase with much higher expectations, who are unhappy with Ighalo.

I said during the window that it was a difficult situation and the fudge up was not necessarily in that window itself but in the preceding 2-3, where we'd left ourselves in the situation with Kane or Son as out only striking options and failed to replace Llorente, a player who had a huge role in us reaching the biggest game in our clubs history.

I said if we didn't feel he was worth it, I didn't feel it was a good idea to purchase Piatek for example for 30 million on a 5 year contract.

This is TOTALLY different from a) good planning beforehand to avoid this situation and b) finding someone on a short term basis for 6 months to make up numbers and provide a focal point for a manager that likes to play with one.

Nobody I know would have be upset with am ighalo style deal because they would have seen it for what it was.
I’m in the south stand row 26 to the left of the goal

their are some moany moany bell ends who think we can do no wrong on the pitch and everything wrong ofd it

I also am on a few what’s app groups of spurs fans through fan clubs and away games and again the negativity could charge a battery

Their all the same fans who wanted short term fixes at crazy money like Cavani

but as I said earlier it’s all opinions

the club made their calls based on what they knew and thought at the time

Back