• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Son Heung-Min

The ironic thing is that the owners are not short of money at all and had a whole month to address an issue, when kane got long term injured on the first day of January, but for whatever reason chose not to. The fans have been short changed here I feel in this instance. Admittedly,it's been compounded by Heung min son's subsequent sidelining with his arm problem, but still..
The owners are two guys in effect
One who doesn’t care one jot for football and he is the loaded one
The other who does and he is now worth a lot off the back off the growth of the club

The other thing people have to get into their thinking is 8th highest turnover doesn’t necessarily mean 8th highest profits which is what matters when it comes to spending

The owners are two guys in effect
One who doesn’t care one jot for football and he is the loaded one
The other who does and he is now worth a lot off the back off the growth of the club

The other thing people have to get into their thinking is 8th highest turnover doesn’t necessarily mean 8th highest profits which is what matters when it comes to spending
:eek: o_O :confused:

Actually Tottenham reported a new world record profit of £113m in 2018 - the most recent financial year for which accounts have been released - and indeed have been among THE most profitable worldwide for the last few seasons.

All that before reaching the CL final and completing a full season at the new stadium which by all accounts is pushing the envelope even further.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47813193

Actually Tottenham reported a new world record profit of £113m in 2018 - the most recent financial year for which accounts have been released - and indeed have been among THE most profitable worldwide for the last few seasons.

All that before reaching the CL final and completing a full season at the new stadium which by all accounts is pushing the envelope even further.

Paupers mate, absolute paupers. We're rubbing pennies together up in Tottenham :D

That was then
Is that now?
We will find out
But as i rightly said turnover doesn’t mean richness (not a real word)

That was then
Is that now?
We will find out
But as i rightly said turnover doesn’t mean richness (not a real word)
No, you said '8th highest turnover doesn’t necessarily mean 8th highest profits.' I'm genuinely confused by that. Maybe I have an inkling what you were trying to say but I cannot quite grasp it. Are you saying profits do not necassarily translate into spending money? If so, how come?

No, you said '8th highest turnover doesn’t necessarily mean 8th highest profits.' I'm genuinely confused by that. Maybe I have an inkling what you were trying to say but I cannot quite grasp it. Are you saying profits do not necassarily translate into spending money? If so, how come?
No I’m saying that people keep on claiming we’re now the 8th richest club in the world because we’re 8th in the Deloitte money league... that’s a league based on club turnover not profit, so their wrong!!!!
We can’t spend money we don’t have so it has to come via profits which is what your highlighting, our profit numbers from 2018. Those numbers are due to be out very soon and it will be interesting to see the impact of the new ground

Getting the fundamental right is important to give a stable platform to improve on-pitch performances.
These guys know what they are doing, stable on-pitch performances will drive sponsorships money and for that the sky is the limit.

Our unexpected punching-above-our-weight-class success has become a weakness only in hindsight.
Keep the faith! Owners want to win the league and Cup as much we do - albeit for slightly different reasons.

Sent from my SM-T865 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

No I’m saying that people keep on claiming we’re now the 8th richest club in the world because we’re 8th in the Deloitte money league... that’s a league based on club turnover not profit, so their wrong!!!!
We can’t spend money we don’t have so it has to come via profits which is what your highlighting, our profit numbers from 2018. Those numbers are due to be out very soon and it will be interesting to see the impact of the new ground
Sorry but I'm still struggling to make sense of what you're saying. My argument is the stats show that we ALREADY DO have the profits. So not only do we have the eighth highest turnover, we are probably even higher in the profits table.

We have been reporting either the highest or one of the highest profits for several years now. This has been down to income from player sales over transfers in - especially compared with our main rivals, lower wage bills in relation to turnover, the extra income from playing at Wembley and the Champions League and all that compounded by the exceptionally frugal way we are run.

My assumption is though - and this is what I thought you might be getting at - is that a good part of those profits have had to be diverted into financing one of the most advanced stadiums in the world.

Sorry but I'm still struggling to make sense of what you're saying. My argument is the stats show that we ALREADY DO have the profits. So not only do we have the eighth highest turnover, we are probably even higher in the profits table.

We have been reporting either the highest or one of the highest profits for several years now. This has been down to income from player sales over transfers in - especially compared with our main rivals, lower wage bills in relation to turnover, the extra income from playing at Wembley and the Champions League and all that compounded by the exceptionally frugal way we are run.

My assumption is though - and this is what I thought you might be getting at - is that a good part of those profits have had to be diverted into financing one of the most advanced stadiums in the world.
No
The profits we made the season you mention we made... where have they gone? We don’t know
similarly we don’t know what profits we made last season yet
Just because we made the money 2 years ago it doesn’t mean it hasn’t been spent, or that we will make it again

Liverpool have just announced a significant reduction in profits despite a big increase in turnover, but that’s because they spent sole of those profits

Do as I said turnover means nothing without profit and the thing about 8th highest turnover doesn’t mean 8th richest

I could name at least 10 clubs who in theory are richer due to their owners or fake sponsorships but some would be behind us in turnover terms... similarly some of those ahead of us in turnover terms don’t make any profits so in theory can’t invest in players

No
The profits we made the season you mention we made... where have they gone? We don’t know
Just because we made the money 2 years ago it doesn’t mean it hasn’t been spent, or that we will make it again

Liverpool have just announced a significant reduction in profits despite a big increase in turnover, but that’s because they spent sole of those profits

Do as I said turnover means nothing without profit and the thing about 8th highest turnover doesn’t mean 8th richest

I could name at least 10 clubs who in theory are richer due to their owners or fake sponsorships but some would be behind us in turnover terms... similarly some of those ahead of us in turnover terms don’t make any profits so in theory can’t invest in players
I'll be a tad surprised if our unexpected and highly lucrative run to the CL final plus the massive increase in revenue generated by the new stadium ends up leaving us significantly worse off profit-wise, but I suppose anything is possible.

We will just have to wait and see on that one.

No

So to summarise - with some clubs above unable to spend and some clubs below able to spend....we are about the 8th richest club?!? ;)

no we’re the club with the 8th highest turnover

there’s a saying.... turnover for vanity, profit for sanity
If we're looking at profits alone then I think we probably rank even higher than the 8th richest club. We've had some of the highest profits ever recorded over the past few years.

Anyway, where to Aston Villa rank in terms of the richest clubs? One of their strikers got injured and they managed to sign two in January (even though, unlike us, they actually already had another one available).

If we're looking at profits alone then I think we probably rank even higher than the 8th richest club. We've had some of the highest profits ever recorded over the past few years.

Anyway, where to Aston Villa rank in terms of the richest clubs? One of their strikers got injured and they managed to sign two in January (even though, unlike us, they actually already had another one available).
As I said in the other thread... you would be happy with villa strikers here??

and their owners are loaded so their right up there

I would’ve taken either of the two they signed to fill in at number 9 instead of having literally nobody capable of playing there as we do now.
If we signed any of them two their would have been riots on the high street at Tottenham
But again your entitled to your opinion

Back