• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Son Heung-Min

Not that I think he can play as a #9, but it's strange the things you've picked out as his failings are really not.

He finishes well on his left, his touch is good and he beats players easily ( his problem is over playing it mostly and taking on too many). One on one he does defenders with ease and he's composed in front of goal.

His shooting is crap, powder puff shots that roll into the keepers hand or go no where near the goal. He does not do most defenders with ease, he loses it easily, due to poor control or like you said poor decision making.

Last edited:
Wait. Why does sons injury take so long to heal when he's just played a full match with it? And aren't there super lightweight materials that can splint him and protect at the same time?

Sent from my SM-T865 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

It's possible he did further damage during the game, either making the break worse or soft-tissue damage.

I'm taking Jose's comments with a pinch of salt. He didn't say he would be out for the season, more that that was the assumption he had to work on.

This is such an utter clusterfudge of a rule that Barca who loaned out 2 players and have a b team can poach a player within the league and the same club can’t evoke the emergency clause to replace the player they can’t prevent from leaving.
It all stared with the keeper and his broken arm in Escape to Victory.
Is it a massive surprise in a league where the money is not split between all teams and the government has been happy to enter into shady deals to help Madrid clear their debt?
There were no voices when Getafe and one other club got the same dispensation, only when Barca got it. The rule is there, and Barca loaned out 2 players BEFORE the injury to Dembele. The rule has massive flaws, but it's there for everyone, and as I said, no one raised an eyebrow when the two other clubs got permission to buy a emergency replacement player.

Not that I think he can play as a #9, but it's strange the things you've picked out as his failings are really not.

He finishes well on his left, his touch is good and he beats players easily ( his problem is over playing it mostly and taking on too many). One on one he does defenders with ease and he's composed in front of goal.
He is the master of the pea roller
He rarely hits the ball hard when shooting and it’s a massive weakness when shooting on site
When placing it... it works well

but he is not sons cover at number 9, he could be as a WF

He would be a bloody awful 9. He can barely shoot with his "good foot" let alone his very much weaker right foot. His touch would let him down, plus his inability to beat a player. Let's not do this to ourselves. [emoji28]

Hasn't he scored 2 hat tricks playing the false 9?

Leicester at Wembley and a EL game?

His shooting is crap, powder puff shots that roll into the keepers hand or go no where near the goal. He does not do most defenders with ease, he loses it easily, due to poor control or like you said poor decision making.

Or go in the net. Where is it written you have to blast it to score.

You think he can't beat a man. Fair enough.

Or go in the net. Where is it written you have to blast it to score.

You think he can't beat a man. Fair enough.
No one said he has to blast it, but he often tries an fails miserably. I'm quite astounded you think he has good shooting ability. Have you not noticed how many times the balls just rolls into the goalkeepers hands?

Can't shoot? see below mate

It's possible he did further damage during the game, either making the break worse or soft-tissue damage.

I'm taking Jose's comments with a pinch of salt. He didn't say he would be out for the season, more that that was the assumption he had to work on.

I fear he made it alot worse during the winning goal celebrations when someone pushed him and then he puts his right hand down on the turf and he uses what looks like a bit of force on the arm to stop himself falling over.

Would explain how he played the whole match and then after the game he was seen holding the arm. Also would explain how its turned out to be quite serious.

I really think we should be bringing crouch in. He’s such a unique individual with his alien height and heading ability. He can do the llorente role allowing lucas and bergwijn to play off him.

Why not have him as an option at least?

There were no voices when Getafe and one other club got the same dispensation, only when Barca got it. The rule is there, and Barca loaned out 2 players BEFORE the injury to Dembele. The rule has massive flaws, but it's there for everyone, and as I said, no one raised an eyebrow when the two other clubs got permission to buy a emergency replacement player.
Couldn’t find anything on the other clubs so can’t comment on the impact but if the rule allows a club to sign a player from another who then can’t replace them it still makes no sense to me and would appear to favour bigger clubs in the league.

I really think we should be bringing crouch in. He’s such a unique individual with his alien height and heading ability. He can do the llorente role allowing lucas and bergwijn to play off him.

Why not have him as an option at least?
Don't forget his surprisingly good touch for a big man :-\

Couldn’t find anything on the other clubs so can’t comment on the impact but if the rule allows a club to sign a player from another who then can’t replace them it still makes no sense to me and would appear to favour bigger clubs in the league.
The rule is quite complex and a bit confusing, and definitely has some major flaws, but it's the same for everyone. Of course, almost every player would say "yes, please!" when Barcelona come asking. The real problem is the mandatory buy-out clause in contracts in Spain, that allow the player (with money from the buying club), to buy out his contract and leave. If it weren't for that, the "Selling" club could just say no, not for sale.

The only other way imo to solve the non striker issue is to play all of bergwijn, lucas and lamela as a front three.

This is what we will do, with some combination of Dele, Lo Celso & N'dombele pushing up with them

The only upside is we almost all of our AMs have goals in them

This is what we will do, with some combination of Dele, Lo Celso & N'dombele pushing up with them

The only upside is we almost all of our AMs have goals in them

Yeah and I also thought maybe recall clarke so one of them can get a rest from time to time or clarke off the bench with 15 mins to go to rest one of the front three that way.

But we can actually start the front three and then bring a dele or gedson on for one of the front three (I’d like to see winks, lo celso and ndombele as the three in midfield) later in games and change systems, hopefully with the game pretty much sewn up at that point.

The big issue with all this is will lamela now stay fit.....

I fear he made it alot worse during the winning goal celebrations when someone pushed him and then he puts his right hand down on the turf and he uses what looks like a bit of force on the arm to stop himself falling over.

Would explain how he played the whole match and then after the game he was seen holding the arm. Also would explain how its turned out to be quite serious.

That was the sort of scenario I was thinking of. It could definitely explain him playing the whole match and ending up with a serious injury.

Back