• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Son Heung-Min

Shame to start the season without him.
That could be mitigated by buying smart this summer. I think that we are in a better position to buy now, our stadium is finished and we now know the total cost and can plan from that. It's a wild guess, but perhaps Levy saw the ever increasion cost of the project and decided to be careful (unless a definite player became available, as it didn't). Didn't the project start out as £450M or something?

Anyway, getting in one or two midfielders, depending on the Eriksen situation, plus a squad cover. Loan out Skipp, no lower than Championship. I think we can get by just fine the first couple of matches. We may or may not have Moura, the new Sissoko, Winks, Alli and maybe even Lamela plus signings to start with.

hvHB3Ht.jpg

That could be mitigated by buying smart this summer. I think that we are in a better position to buy now, our stadium is finished and we now know the total cost and can plan from that. It's a wild guess, but perhaps Levy saw the ever increasion cost of the project and decided to be careful (unless a definite player became available, as it didn't). Didn't the project start out as £450M or something?

Anyway, getting in one or two midfielders, depending on the Eriksen situation, plus a squad cover. Loan out Skipp, no lower than Championship. I think we can get by just fine the first couple of matches. We may or may not have Moura, the new Sissoko, Winks, Alli and maybe even Lamela plus signings to start with.

A fit Lucas, Kane, Dele & hopefully Eriksen can more than cover for Son for a few games.

Thought he was poor over all but those times he did get in behind certainly gave them something to think about.
Watch the game again. And by the way, the two times his contribution was significant were in our own half. Stopping an Ajax attack and playing a short, simpler pass to Rose, and laying the ball back for Sissoko (sorry @scaramanga ) to lump it to The Lamp.

Watch the game again. And by the way, the two times his contribution was significant were in our own half. Stopping an Ajax attack and playing a short, simpler pass to Rose, and laying the ball back for Sissoko (sorry @scaramanga ) to lump it to The Lamp.
I agree. I thought he was our one outlet in the first half, with Dele and Moura failing to get into the game, and kept it tidy in the second.

It could have been so different if his near post attempt early on had gone in, or been turned in by Eriksen. In hindsight though, I wouldn't swap it for what happened!

I assume we hear the outcome of the appeal today?

It must be imminent....surprised nothing announced already as teams have to prepare for the matches knowing which players are eligible or not. I guess because they are all sunday games they can hold off a little. Would be amazed if we weren;t informed by first thing this morning in preparation for training.

For the record....it will either get wiped out completely or not at all....there's no option to reduce to 1 or 2 games ban.

It must be imminent....surprised nothing announced already as teams have to prepare for the matches knowing which players are eligible or not. I guess because they are all sunday games they can hold off a little. Would be amazed if we weren;t informed by first thing this morning in preparation for training.

For the record....it will either get wiped out completely or not at all....there's no option to reduce to 1 or 2 games ban.
Why isn’t there?
We are arguing that he was sent off for the wrong offence hence why the ban should be less

Why isn’t there?
We are arguing that he was sent off for the wrong offence hence why the ban should be less

No, that's not the case....this is the list o red card offences:

A player, substitute or substituted player who commits any of the following offences is sent off:
  • denying the opposing team a goal or an obvious goal-scoring opportunity by deliberately handling the ball (except a goalkeeper within their penalty area)
  • denying a goal or an obvious goal-scoring opportunity to an opponent whose overall movement is towards the offender’s goal by an offence punishable by a free kick (unless as outlined below)
  • serious foul play
  • biting or spitting at someone
  • violent conduct
  • using offensive, insulting or abusive language and/or gestures
  • receiving a second caution in the same match
These punishments all carry standard bans - the first, second and seventh are all 1 games bans and the others are all 3 (though biting or spitting will almost certainly invoke lengthier extended bans).

We are very much arguing the point that he should not have been issued a red card at all i.e. that his actions did not constitute Violent Conduct and that a caution for unsporting behaviour would have been the commensurate punishment.

Back