• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Son Heung-Min

He did stay down. The ref saw it and play stopped shortly after.. No punishment was handed out. I don't want to see our players faking injury, ever.
I'm not saying fake injury. I'm saying accentuate it.
Even the punch from Lerma. It's an injury, it's not going to keep you down, put the only way the ref will see it is if you go down. It's actual bullying from Lerma, and Unfortunately you have to play the game a bit (unless we can stamp out (not pun intended) the kind of behaviour from Lerma - and that isn't going to happen)

You gotta love Dermot Gallagher's ref watch verdict about the Son incident. Has he even watched the incident?

https://www.skysports.com/football/...l-so-its-just-a-booking-says-dermot-gallagher

Whenever I see/hear former referees view on situations in football, I understand completely why the level of refereeing is so incredibly low. Even when they have the chance to watch things over and over, they still can't seem to see things or get things right. That's why there will still be plenty of mistakes even with VAR. The referees are simply incompetent and clueless.

How is that Everton one not a sending off yet foyths is?
The argument for foyths is studs up and you're off, the Everton one studs must have been up. I haven't seen Foyth tackle BTW.

I'm not saying fake injury. I'm saying accentuate it.
Even the punch from Lerma. It's an injury, it's not going to keep you down, put the only way the ref will see it is if you go down. It's actual bullying from Lerma, and Unfortunately you have to play the game a bit (unless we can stamp out (not pun intended) the kind of behaviour from Lerma - and that isn't going to happen)
It's very easy to sitat home and say what Son ideally should have done. But if someones punches you in the back and stamps on your toes for no apparent reason, and on top of that you're full of adrenaline as you are during a football match, it's a natural reaction to react the way Son did. I know that I would have reacted myself, and I'm sure pretty much all of you would have done too, unless you are absolutely ice cold. I find it hard to blame Son for his reaction. It was an instinctive thing that you can't control.

Eric Dier, on the other hand, had all the time in the world after his first yellow card to understand that he couldn't gamble on a tackle like the one he did when on a yellow card. That is plain stupidity. He got away with it, but that was pure luck.

Foyth also should have realised he needed to pull out of his tackle.

It's very easy to sitat home and say what Son ideally should have done. But if someones punches you in the back and stamps on your toes for no apparent reason, and on top of that you're full of adrenaline as you are during a football match, it's a natural reaction to react the way Son did. I know that I would have reacted myself, and I'm sure pretty much all of you would have done too, unless you are absolutely ice cold. I find it hard to blame Son for his reaction. It was an instinctive thing that you can't control.

Eric Dier, on the other hand, had all the time in the world after his first yellow card to understand that he couldn't gamble on a tackle like the one he did when on a yellow card. That is plain stupidity. He got away with it, but that was pure luck.

Foyth also should have realised he needed to pull out of his tackle.
100% agree
And the difference between decent moral people and game players (aka winners in football, sadly).
I'm not having a go at Son.
Just recognising that we are now at the stage where we will be targeted and to get over the line to win you usually have to add more cynicism than we possess, more is the pity.

I don't think it was a red card offence looking at the incident purely in isolation but as a grass-roots referee I know that context is vital and the the temperature of the game as it was (not helped by Pawosn's incompetence and Bournemouth's sense of injustice with Dier and penalty calls) played a huge part in his decision.

As part of the administration Pawson will have had to record the reason for issuing the red card which can only ever be one of the following (from the laws of the game):

A player, substitute or substituted player who commits any of the following offences is sent off:
  • denying the opposing team a goal or an obvious goal-scoring opportunity by deliberately handling the ball (except a goalkeeper within their penalty area)
  • denying a goal or an obvious goal-scoring opportunity to an opponent whose overall movement is towards the offender’s goal by an offence punishable by a free kick (unless as outlined below)
  • serious foul play
  • biting or spitting at someone
  • violent conduct
  • using offensive, insulting or abusive language and/or gestures
  • receiving a second caution in the same match
It will therefore only be for Violent Conduct (serious foul play relates only to 'on the ball incidents' e.g. Foyth. The explanation of Violent Conduct is given as (and I have highlighted the relevant bits):

VIOLENT CONDUCT
Violent conduct is when a player uses or attempts to use excessive force or brutality against an opponent when not challenging for the ball, or against a team-mate, team official, match official, spectator or any other person, regardless of whether contact is made.

In addition, a player who, when not challenging for the ball, deliberately strikes an opponent or any other person on the head or face with the hand or arm, is guilty of violent conduct unless the force used was negligible.

Clearly the latter part does not apply, or at least if that's what Pawson thought he did then we will have a strong case. It is therefore up for debate whether Sonny used excessive force or brutality. It seems clear that the reaction of Lerma gives the impression of this.

The more I read through this the more of a case I think we have; I think there is a least enough grey area with this one that we cant possibly be accused of appealing frivolously - that usually only occurs when a club appeals purely to get the punishment delayed (i.e. appeals to prolong the case to allow a player to appear in the meantime).

Tottenham have made an appeal for wrongful dismissal against Heung-Min Son's red card at Bournemouth on Saturday, Sky Sports News understands.

Spurs had until 1pm on Tuesday to lodge the appeal - in the hope of freeing the forward up for the final game of the season at home to Everton.

Son received a straight red card for pushing over Jefferson Lerma during the 1-0 defeat and, as it stands, will also be banned for the first two games of next season.

After viewing the incident, Spurs believe a red card and three game ban to be excessive.

Wishful thinking IMO, not sure what there is to defend.

Son jumped up and very aggressively took a player right off his feet, there really isnt a response to that IMO, despite the mitigating circumstance of Lerma being a snidey little brick.

pleased we appealled, and looking at the wording above, it feels like we have a strong case - no way that what he did was 'excessive force or brutality'
Lerma is still in intensive care from the excessively violent force Sonny used on his vicious and brutal attack. #pray4lerma.

Back