• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Son Heung-Min

Some forwards might be quite poor passers... they might think "shall I whack it, I have a 50% chance of slotting it in" versus "shall I pass to my colleague, about 12 yards, whilst I am sprinting at pace and holding off a defender as the keeper rushes towards me and I'm listening for the whistle and looking if the flag is up, but I'm not sure where my colleague is precisely, perhaps he is on his heels, perhaps he is darting forwards, hmmm there he is, just in front of his defender, I reckon I have a 70% chance of making that pass and he in turn would have a roughly 80% chance of receiving the ball, controlling it and slotting it in... hence 0.7 x 0.8 = 56% overall chance of that being successful... hmmm.... yes, I think I prefer those odds to that of me just shooting, yes by Jove, I think I shall pass"

Just got home and watched the entire game not knowing the result.
And damn you Son, you absolute bottle-job.
Stupid decisions, failure to play properly, inability to execute basic skills that a footballer should almost always do.
Why choose the biggest stages to showcase your stupid, reckless, blind and selfish streak?

Stupid decisions, failure to play properly, inability to execute basic skills that a footballer should almost always do.
Why choose the biggest stages to showcase your stupid, reckless, blind and selfish streak?

I didnt watch the game, so cant comment specifically - but I think I know what you mean.

Son has to be among the most frustrating players Ive ever seen here. So clearly talented, so clearly capable, and yet so wildly up and down as well.

One day? Unplayable, brilliant, a match winner. The next day? Dont-play-able, get him off, liability.

Its bizarre. If only he could find more consistency.

To his credit I think he is improved this season for consistency, but its still not where we need it to be IMO.

I didnt watch the game, so cant comment specifically - but I think I know what you mean.

Son has to be among the most frustrating players Ive ever seen here. So clearly talented, so clearly capable, and yet so wildly up and down as well.

One day? Unplayable, brilliant, a match winner. The next day? Dont-play-able, get him off, liability.

Its bizarre. If only he could find more consistency.

To his credit I think he is improved this season for consistency, but its still not where we need it to be IMO.

Players that consistently attempt progressive attacking actions that come off a high % of time are usually play for Madrid or Barca. He's direct and tries things, hence wont always come off. Its an expectation thing I think. We just need to understand that's his playing style and not get too down beat when he chucks in a bad one.

He wasn't at his best last night (as were many) but vs Watford on a Monday night is the 'biggest stage'? I seem to recall him scoring against Juve in a mid-week. I suppose that doesn't count.

I do rate Son but as i have said before he can look clumsy at times, i have posted that they are times when he looks like he does not know what he is doing ( feet moving faster then his thoughts). However one advantage to having a player like that is more often then not opposing players can not read his next move and when it comes off its leaves them floundering.

When he is at his best he really is a handful for the opposition but it will not always turn out that way, what you get is what you see.

He wasn't at his best last night (as were many) but vs Watford on a Monday night is the 'biggest stage'? I seem to recall him scoring against Juve in a mid-week. I suppose that doesn't count.
My quoted message was put up after the Man Utd game.
He wasn't as rage-inducing last night :)

I love Son but he has been poor in quite a few games recently. He needs a rest and Lucas given a start in his place at West Brom.

Players that consistently attempt progressive attacking actions that come off a high % of time are usually play for Madrid or Barca. He's direct and tries things, hence wont always come off. Its an expectation thing I think. We just need to understand that's his playing style and not get too down beat when he chucks in a bad one.

Im not really comparing him to Madrid players. Nor am I judging what does and doesnt go in the net, I understand no chances are guaranteed.

Im comparing Son to Son, and his general performance. Some days he is a real handful, he is "on it", he makes good decisions and whether things come off for him or not I enjoy what he is doing.

Other days his general performance is the complete opposite and I find myself getting incredibly frustrated with him.

No one is on their best form all the time, but in general the band between high and low is relatively narrow. Even on an off day you know exactly what you will get from Kane/Eriksen/Dembele etc. Son? That band is WIDE, IMO. He can swing between 9/10 and 4/10 between matches in the same week.

Im not really comparing him to Madrid players. Nor am I judging what does and doesnt go in the net, I understand no chances are guaranteed.

Im comparing Son to Son, and his general performance. Some days he is a real handful, he is "on it", he makes good decisions and whether things come off for him or not I enjoy what he is doing.

Other days his general performance is the complete opposite and I find myself getting incredibly frustrated with him.

No one is on their best form all the time, but in general the band between high and low is relatively narrow. Even on an off day you know exactly what you will get from Kane/Eriksen/Dembele etc. Son? That band is WIDE, IMO. He can swing between 9/10 and 4/10 between matches in the same week.

I agree. And on days when he is not "on it" he should be removed asap. We have a ready made replacement in Lucas who has been much under-utilised in games when Son is having one of his mares.

Back