• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Son Heung-Min Signs - Official

There are quite a few first hand reports on the first half a dozen pages of this thread, Affy. We got a few new S. Korean members yesterday.

And also nayenezgani said he saw him in the Asia trophy and that he was no good

thanks for the feedback..always good to hear from someone that knows what they are talking about

why do you think the spurs staff may want him then? is there anything about him that he may be able to offer us?

He usually played out wide left but had a tendency to drift inside and wind up receiving the ball with his back to goal, taking up the traditional number 10 position - hence his knack for scoring goals. He won't really beat a man for pace, he won't take a full-back on and run past him. He's more tricky and technical... He can also strike a dead ball well.

The big problem I had with him was a lack of desire. I know it's a 'perception' thing but I just felt like he didn't put in the extra effort. He was knocked off the ball very easily at times and didn't try and redeem turnover situations that he caused. I don't think you can get away with that kind of mentality in the EPL. For example in the final of the Asian Cup, playing against a very physical Australian side, he was the definition of a shrinking violet and I believe his attitude/mentality has been questioned at times by the Leverkusen faithful - mind you that is second hand information from very biased Australian commentators, so make of it what you will.

There's a chance Poch could be able to reform or reinvigorate his attitude as he's young and very capable - he looks very fit. I think he could turn out to be a good player for us, but I also think there's a chance he won't make the grade in the Premier League. One firm challenge, one lack of effort on his part and he could wilt under the pressure from our fans.. Like most things it depends how quickly he can adapt to the intense physical pressure of the EPL.

He usually played out wide left but had a tendency to drift inside and wind up receiving the ball with his back to goal, taking up the traditional number 10 position - hence his knack for scoring goals. He won't really beat a man for pace, he won't take a full-back on and run past him. He's more tricky and technical... He can also strike a dead ball well.

The big problem I had with him was a lack of desire. I know it's a 'perception' thing but I just felt like he didn't put in the extra effort. He was knocked off the ball very easily at times and didn't try and redeem turnover situations that he caused. I don't think you can get away with that kind of mentality in the EPL. For example in the final of the Asian Cup, playing against a very physical Australian side, he was the definition of a shrinking violet and I believe his attitude/mentality has been questioned at times by the Leverkusen faithful - mind you that is second hand information from very biased Australian commentators, so make of it what you will.

There's a chance Poch could be able to reform or reinvigorate his attitude as he's young and very capable - he looks very fit. I think he could turn out to be a good player for us, but I also think there's a chance he won't make the grade in the Premier League. One firm challenge, one lack of effort on his part and he could wilt under the pressure from our fans.. Like most things it depends how quickly he can adapt to the intense physical pressure of the EPL.

could have just described Lamela there! Abort Abort!

Reactions: DTA
Son’s medical was a success, according to a report in Germany.

Tottenham’s move for Heung-Min Son is getting closer. After widespread reports that the South Korean had travelled to London for a medical ahead of a £22m deal, German broadcaster Sport1 says that medical is complete. The 23-year-old will reportedly sign a four-year deal.

From a norwegian news site

Thank you Nayenezgani. There's also a summary by Skysports, so take with the adequate pinch of salt. Interesting to know that he is one of only four players to score 10 or more Bundesliga goals in each of the past three seasons. At least that shows consistency!

http://www.skysports.com/football/n...ng-min-son-to-tottenham-what-you-need-to-know

I'm still trying to digest the price tag. This guy better be super.

I don't think it's as high as some are saying.

It's being quoted as £22m, but I suspect its €22m. That confusion often happens when transfer prices are being quoted.

£22m = €30m
€22m = £16m

The pound-euro exchange rate is heavily in our favour at the moment due to the Greek issue

Back