• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Son Heung-Min

Get Son running in behind or running at defenders with space to attack and he's world class.

Deny him that and he's nowhere near world class. Rather average actually (at this level).

For me this kind of game for him should be expected. That one moment, they get it wrong, we get something really right or a lucky bounce. He can be world class for 15 seconds and we'll all be happy. That doesn't happen he's not very useful.

That, to me, doesn't mean he should have been dropped. It's a worthwhile gamble. He demands a lot of attention from the opposition. We just need to use that to our advantage.

Sums him up well, what you get with Son is what you see. He can be brilliant but can also be seen as having poor games. He has been the same since we signed him and will continue to be so. Thankfully he has far more good games then poor ones.

Feel the need to post here (from page 3, which as an American, I learned is the page where the boobs should be).
Overall, I feel like he's trying just a little too hard to be THE guy making things happen. Even though he didn't play great tonight, he still had a huge contribution with getting the defender sent off and forcing Gerson's subsequent substitution as an added bonus. I'm not worried about him at all, I know how good he is and that he will score goals, BUT he needs to get the fundamentals right. He can't keep driving the ball into opposition players or missing obvious runs/wasting opportunities. I know he's better than this but I think he's feeling a lot of pressure from winning the golden boot last year.
All that to say that I simply want him to contribute to the team more even if he doesn't score or assist.

Feel the need to post here (from page 3, which as an American, I learned is the page where the boobs should be).
Overall, I feel like he's trying just a little too hard to be THE guy making things happen. Even though he didn't play great tonight, he still had a huge contribution with getting the defender sent off and forcing Gerson's subsequent substitution as an added bonus. I'm not worried about him at all, I know how good he is and that he will score goals, BUT he needs to get the fundamentals right. He can't keep driving the ball into opposition players or missing obvious runs/wasting opportunities. I know he's better than this but I think he's feeling a lot of pressure from winning the golden boot last year.
All that to say that I simply want him to contribute to the team more even if he doesn't score or assist.

He's lost confidence and is trying to hard.
When he runs with the ball he is looking at his feet.
I also think there's too many options for him now and his first instinct is to look for harry, by the time he makes his mind up the chance is gone.

Thought you were Korean or Argie or something, I forget which?
They're not mutually exclusive :D (not an argie though)

To clarify, I was born in the US but my parents are both immigrants (I'm also half Greek, which didn't even make the World Cup this time... ). All of my korean relatives know Son, he's basically ubiquitous there. In some ways, Son might be feeling the weight of all this expectation.

Last edited:
Anyone thinking this may be a good time to cash in on him?

**Awaits pitch forks**

Nope. Going through a rough patch but he will find his way out of it. I’d start him against Emirates Marketing Project for his pace with the view to rest him either on Tuesday or against Leicester next Saturday.

Anyone thinking this may be a good time to cash in on him?

**Awaits pitch forks**
I must admit, the other week I saw people discussing whether Kane has reached his peak, I was wondering whether infact it was Son who is more likely to start having a drop off in level. I don’t doubt that Son will start scoring again at some point, but whilst Kanes main strengths are his technical ability and footballing brain which he will have for many years to come, Sons main attribute ie pace is going to decline and his all round game is not very good to be polite. So it is more likely we have seen the best of Son, I’m not sure whether it would be a good idea to cash in on him as not sure any clubs would offer us decent ‘value’ money to make it worthwhile when you consider no one has really been in for him in a big way when he has been in his top form over past couple of years so doubt they would now….

Nah, he will hit form again.
I question the wisdom of playing him when he is clearly off form and we have players who are in form.
I know if i was kulu or richie I'd be asking questions.

I am questioning it also, I suppose he can still threaten with his speed and create issues like he did last night, but we have the options... I think it's time to act like big boys and actually drop our star players if they're not performing that well.

And if he gets the hump, so fudging be it.

I must admit, the other week I saw people discussing whether Kane has reached his peak, I was wondering whether infact it was Son who is more likely to start having a drop off in level. I don’t doubt that Son will start scoring again at some point, but whilst Kanes main strengths are his technical ability and footballing brain which he will have for many years to come, Sons main attribute ie pace is going to decline and his all round game is not very good to be polite. So it is more likely we have seen the best of Son, I’m not sure whether it would be a good idea to cash in on him as not sure any clubs would offer us decent ‘value’ money to make it worthwhile when you consider no one has really been in for him in a big way when he has been in his top form over past couple of years so doubt they would now….

I disagree about his overall play being not great. There’s still this perception of him that he just scores and does nothing else but he’s been close to the top of the league in assists for the last 2-3 years also. Granted this season hasn’t started well at all for him and he can’t seem to do anything right but I have no doubt he will hit top form again. Pace is one of his strengths, but he’s a great finisher and scores goals with either foot from close range and outside the 18 yard box.

And I think no one has ever made a bid for him because he is happy here. I’d imagine the football world is a small one, players, agents etc must talk to each other and tap people up all the time. Or at the very least, ask if x player would be up for a move somewhere.

I am questioning it also, I suppose he can still threaten with his speed and create issues like he did last night, but we have the options... I think it's time to act like big boys and actually drop our star players if they're not performing that well.

And if he gets the hump, so fudging be it.

If he gets the hump i think it will be with himself, can't fault the dudes attitude.

I would be really interested to see what happened if we split them up.
Might help both of them if they weren't playing together for a couple of games.

Back