• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

'Soldier beheaded' outside barracks in Woolwich

Sometimes Marky you sound like the inspiration for an Al Murray sketch. That comment was one of those times.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONHLWJESUsQ

The thing is it is not out of the realms of possibility for it to happen though. I imagine if someone is attacked in prison they have the right to sue, because they are in their to be punished but that punishment does not include excessive force.

Im all for the death penalty but it if we had the death penalty it should only be after a trial and conviction. In this case everyone knows he is guilty and he is not denying his guilt. But for prison to work he has to be save.

If we can not have the death penalty then he should be left alone in his cell for 23 hours and given an hours exercise when he is on his own. Saves everyone any hassle down the line.

The thing is it is not out of the realms of possibility for it to happen though. I imagine if someone is attacked in prison they have the right to sue, because they are in their to be punished but that punishment does not include excessive force.

Im all for the death penalty but it if we had the death penalty it should only be after a trial and conviction. In this case everyone knows he is guilty and he is not denying his guilt. But for prison to work he has to be save.

If we can not have the death penalty then he should be left alone in his cell for 23 hours and given an hours exercise when he is on his own. Saves everyone any hassle down the line.

I agree high risk criminals such as this should be kept on their own to protect them from this sort of abuse.

Re: the death penalty, I have a problem with it. First is that the law needs to apply to everyone, not just criminals who you think deserve it. This was a murder, plain and simple, so if you want the death penalty for murder then it has to apply to everyone.

The problem with that is that majority of criminals you can't be 100% sure of guilt. Enough to convict? Perhaps, but if even one innocent person is given the death penalty it is too many. You'll never convince me that the courts get everything correct (and I don't think even they would claim to) so the death penalty cannot be introduced.

Show me a system that can be 100% certain on every murder conviction and I'll consider the death penalty. Until then no chance.

I agree high risk criminals such as this should be kept on their own to protect them from this sort of abuse.

Re: the death penalty, I have a problem with it. First is that the law needs to apply to everyone, not just criminals who you think deserve it. This was a murder, plain and simple, so if you want the death penalty for murder then it has to apply to everyone.

The problem with that is that majority of criminals you can't be 100% sure of guilt. Enough to convict? Perhaps, but if even one innocent person is given the death penalty it is too many. You'll never convince me that the courts get everything correct (and I don't think even they would claim to) so the death penalty cannot be introduced.

Show me a system that can be 100% certain on every murder conviction and I'll consider the death penalty. Until then no chance.

I agree 100% with that, but I have no problem with someone like this guy getting a bit of a slap (or worse) in prison.

I naively used to believe that this country was by and large a well run country with integrity, far removed from some of the countries around the world we all laugh at for being so openly corrupt. The events and revelations of the last few years have shaken my belief in the basic decency of our leaders and society, I now believe that this country is institutionally corrupt and cannot be trusted to conduct a fair trial leading to a death sentence, that is why I would not want the death sentence reintroduced.

With regard to the goofy taco from Woolwich, I really couldn't give a flying fudge what happens to him but I suspect a plea of insanity may be entered.

Back