• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

So, your final thoughts 2011-2012 season?

Another plus point for the club is the new world class training ground complete for next season. That will be very important for us I believe.

Great post. I said it in another thread yesterday...

We are disappointed to have finished fourth. I know there are an unusual set of circumstances, however read the statement.

We have raised expectation organically to the point of it is disappointing if we don't finish in the top 4. That can only be progression.

I think another positive is that it masks the weaknesses at Arsenal. They could be fooled into thinking 'Well we still got 3rd, maybe we aren't so bad'. I'm not saying they won't improve their squad because they will, but they aren't miles out in front.

And on the same lines, we got 4th after an absolute brick storm of bad luck thrown our way constantly throughout the season, and particular during a bad 2 month period. Imagine if we are afforded the luxury of having a manager not being seen as almost certain to take another job by the end of the year, get some slightly more favourable refereeing calls (I understand every club will have bad calls against them, but it was just ridiculous for us), have a few more goals correctly awarded to us when they are on-side, have a few more goals rightly ruled offside for our rivals, and a few less ghost calls awarded against us.

Imagine if we get slightly more lucky, and improve on what we have - we should be well up there again next year.

I think you could have included Younis Kaboul who has taken a major step forward and was brilliant all season. (Also, getting pp for the Qatar stadium)

Nowadays all prospective signings or our own star players care about is winning trophies and getting in the champions league; their have been some positives we can take but all that matters is the end result to them unfortunately.

I've got 10 good reasons:

1. K
2. Y
3. L
4. E

5. W
6. A
7. L
8. K
9. E
10. R

OBVIOUSLY there were others... it's just that he fit pretty well!

The main positive has been to give the likes of ArseAnal & Chelsea food for thought... even IF ArseAnal finished a point above us, they got one fudge of a scare... and WE gave them that scare!

Onwards and upwards... my reckoning is that if we lose Modric this Summer, they'll lose RvP... and if that evens itself up, then we're all-square once more, and ready to go again in August... bring it the fudge ON!

Point 5 and 10 are deceiving

The rest I can agree with - good summary all in all

5 id agree- Liverpool & Saudi Sportswashing Machine were the only 'outstanding results' but we have closed the gap on Arsenal, guess maybe you could say without CL football they could pull away again but last season we had no CL yet we still managed to close the gap. i think Arsenal finishing 3rd may even work out in our favour - kind of papering over the cracks of what, to me, looks like Wengers downfall - losing RVP will be a major blow for them, can't see them bringing in a replacment of his quality and they are still the fragile side they were in the first half of the season

a big IF but - if we can keep our team together one more year and add the type of player we have been linked to then i think we can keep right on top of them next season

I've got 10 good reasons:

1. K
2. Y
3. L
4. E

5. W
6. A
7. L
8. K
9. E
10. R

OBVIOUSLY there were others... it's just that he fit pretty well!

The main positive has been to give the likes of ArseAnal & Chelsea food for thought... even IF ArseAnal finished a point above us, they got one fudge of a scare... and WE gave them that scare!

Onwards and upwards... my reckoning is that if we lose Modric this Summer, they'll lose RvP... and if that evens itself up, then we're all-square once more, and ready to go again in August... bring it the fudge ON!

And the other thing is, Modric is more replaceable than RVP. Sure, they've brought Podolski in, but they got a freak year out of RVP goals wise and also injury wise where he never missed a game. Podolski isn't likely to repeat it. They'll have Wheelchair back and he will help, good player although I'm not sure he's some all conquering footballing GHod, they will still need a good squad around him and it will be interesting to see how his ankle holds up.

If we bring in Vertonghen, we've immediately improved our defence, where Arsenal will have the same old problems with a lack of depth in quality there. In midfield because of their good performances this season they are probably going to trust the likes of Rosicky again, but even if they improve we still have a fudging good team. If we let Modric go and invest that cash wisely, there's no reason we can't pull ahead of Arsenal for the forthcoming season. Upfront, get in some striekrs and get Ade back, and we should be good.

They have good players. Oxlade, Wheelchair...they will be up there fighting for 4th. But we won't be handicapped with a manager about to leave next season, and we will improve. They will also have the CL to fight in, and their squad may be more tested than ours.

a fudging MASSIVE 'if'!

Why any bigger than last season? From how I sees it, we are in a better position June 2012 than May 2012???

Great post, I would perhaps disagree that it's been a "good" season. For details discussed elsewhere (and I'm sure not welcome in this thread!) I would say it's been a disaster. BUT there are some massive positives which are too readily overlooked.

The fact that we secured top 4, and looked like a top 4 side for much of the season, is a huge plus not just for THFC but the league in general. It is good for clubs like Saudi Sportswashing Machine, Everton and Villa to see us do that because if they got their acts together it could be them next season. I also would look at this all in context, and this season is part of the New Tottenham era, which began with Martin Jol and saw us move from mid-table mediocrity, to being a nailed on top 5 team, to now being a club that are pushing for top 3. Let's hope it continues to be an upward journey :)

They have good players. Oxlade, Wheelchair...they will be up there fighting for 4th. But we won't be handicapped with a manager about to leave next season, and we will improve. They will also have the CL to fight in, and their squad may be more tested than ours.

Oxlade-Chamberlain is quality, but still young. You wouldnt hang a season on him like Van Persie, yet.

Wheelchair is all potential but nothing proven yet, and clearly the mug is injury prone. He's been out all season for crying out loud for something like a stubbed toe, watch him bottle the 50/50 tackles when he returns. Another Joey Barton, all Twitter but no trophies.

And let's hope Pingpong sticks around a bit, don't know what was funnier, him scrapping the bottom of the barrel with Wolves or his twig-like cruciate. Another bottle job next season!

11. Getting planning permission for the NLD means we should get a head start on Liverpool and Chelsea in terms of match day revenue and distinction.

Why any bigger than last season? From how I sees it, we are in a better position June 2012 than May 2012???

Just 'cos I've got an awful feeling that Levy offered Modric a 'give it one more season and if we're not Champions League you can leave' option... and Modric took it... and we're not CL... so Modric will exercise his right to seek CL football at whatever club will have him! Thass all...

Just 'cos I've got an awful feeling that Levy offered Modric a 'give it one more season and if we're not Champions League you can leave' option... and Modric took it... and we're not CL... so Modric will exercise his right to seek CL football at whatever club will have him! Thass all...

Ah, a gentleman's agreement, those have worked oh so well in the past for Modric...

http://tottenhamlive.com/blog/467-reasons-best-premiership-season-yet.html

8 – Hardest Premiership season to date and we got second best points tally ever.

With the promoted teams all improving the league, Emirates Marketing Project being title winners not just champions league chasers, teams like Saudi Sportswashing Machine, Fulham and Everton all improved yet we achieved our second best points tally in the Premiership. Our best was 70 points in the 2009/10 season and we got 69 points this year, in a harder season so I think it is a great achievement.

No offence mate, but to say it was the hardest Prem season is a long way wide of the mark. I'd say it was the easiest by a very long way. When you look at the total dross there was, the thrashings being handed out to "top" teams week in week out. Arse scored 5 at Chelsea, and 5 at home to us, but conceded 8 at Manure, who conceded 6 at home to City... Both the Manchester "giants" getting turfed out of first the Champs league and then the Europa league. Hmmm. There's no quality in the Prem. Just the opposite.

Last edited:
No offence mate, but to say it was the hardest Prem season is a long way wide of the mark. I'd say it was the easiest by a very long way. When you look at the total dross there was, the thrashings being handed out to "top" teams week in week out. Arse scored 5 at Chelsea, but conceded 8 at Manure, who conceded 6 at home to City... Both the Manchester "giants" getting turfed out of first the Champs league and then the Europa league. Hmmm. There's no quality in the Prem. Just the opposite.

There are arguments for and against this. Each way it would be very difficult to prove.

In my opinion, there was as much quality in the premier league as before, however it was spread out more fairly amongst the clubs. Leading to the top clubs seeming worse, but the other clubs seeming better.

How often is there a four horse race for third and fourth?

There are arguments for and against this. Each way it would be very difficult to prove.

In my opinion, there was as much quality in the premier league as before, however it was spread out more fairly amongst the clubs. Leading to the top clubs seeming worse, but the other clubs seeming better.

How often is there a four horse race for third and fourth?

I think that's fair comment. We can say it was the most interesting season for ages. The fact that the top four is no longer sewn up by Manure, Arse, Chelski and Liv is good for everyone. No doubt about that at all. That top four monopoly year in year out was just boring. But I'd argue that the openness this year is because of a lowering in quality of the leading teams, rather than anyone else getting any better. Hence the thrashings.

Back