• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

So, your final thoughts 2011-2012 season?

But this is my point, its just an opinion - and to be perfectly honest, if it was correct then why isn't there some history of him ranting at referees in after match interviews prior to the speculation - I certainly don't remember any?
HR has always conducted his after match interviews with a greater degree of dignity and humility that SAF and Wenger, the latter who, on this board, is panned mercilessly for doing exactly what you complain that HR doesn't do.

To assume that he didn't do it during the period between the job coming up and him not being selected - for cosmetic reasons is pure speculation, and not borne out by any historical differences in character. Rest assured, had he behaved in the way you suggest - there would have been 5 people on here who would have condemned him for it.

We are not all cut from the same cloth.

Mate, not suggesting it was simply in that time frame...I agree, not everyone is the same...I just wish he would've done it once or twice in the last couple of years...

Some interesting stats from the BBC, who seem to be obsessed with Kevin Doyle...

338.png

Some interesting stats from the BBC, who seem to be obsessed with Kevin Doyle...

338.png

Stats obviously don't tell an accurate story, but considering the amount of chances Modders, VDV and Bale apparently created we really didn't score enough goals!! Good tackle and interception stats for Walker, Ekotto and Parker though......

We are improving a little bit every year too in my opinion. Even last year when we finished 5th, we did so being in contention of finishing top four DESPITE it being our first foray into the Champions League. Then we finish 4th again the year after despite the emergence of Emirates Marketing Project and therefore finishing ahead of two of the old "Sky 4".

If Chelsea lose to FC Bayern then it'll be interesting to see if we can make the next step in our evolution which will be having a decent Champions League run i.e. get out of the group AND still be able to finish top four.

I will forever maintain we allowed ourselves to be fudged over in the CL QF two against Madrid...I still haven't seen a striker given a yellow card for his first sloppy tackle of the game, let alone another for his second when it was plainly obvious there was overreaction from the player involved...such a shame...I think with the players we have (and hopefully the few we'll get, Saturday being a positive result for us) that we can certainly do very well again...agree, it will be interesting to see of we can maintain top 4. Personally, given how the nucleus of our squad has been together for a few seasons now (and will hopefully remain so) I think it's absolutely possible...let's face it, despite Harry's/our heinous wobble mid-season, if we'd had even a third of the luck we were due, we'd have been 3rd with a 6 point cushion! The goons have had some incredible luck in recent weeks, culminating in the fishiest goalkeeping performance since Segers at Everton that season...

Regarding Harry ranting about referees; didn't he rant after Foy's crap performance in our game away to Stoke in December??

I just find it so frustrating to see all of this head in the clouds gibberish being spouted, as if we have suddenly become Manure, with a trophy room full of silverware from the last 30 years, and that 2/3 is a divine right. That coupled with this insistence that somehow HR lost his mind and started managing poorly, as if he was some start struck teenager seduced by the media attention.

and all of it spouted with such conviction, as if the stuff they make up in their heads is actually nailed on fact.

I think you have pretty much nailed it on with your (highlighted) comment above. Most accurate thing you have said, amongst the insults and horsebrick.

Itinery.

Early February. Capello resigns.
Huge media coverage over 'Redknapp is the man'.
Our Form quickly collapses from 2.12. points per game average, over 25 prior games, to 0.67 over the next 9. End March. Relegation form, from top 3 form.
Redknapps comments to the media are at best unwise. Some would say disloyal.
Roy Hodgson appointed England manager. Not Redknapp. Beginning of May.
Suddenly Spurs improve. Last 4 games. After Redknapp realises he is stuck at Spurs. The opposition are mostly bottom of the table teams.
We still snatch disaster from victory after Arsenals draw with Norwich throws us a top 3 lifeline, and guaranteed CL qualification. We labour against a shocking Villa side, and only draw.
Villa sack their manager shortly after for poor performance.
We finish 4th, instead of the 3rd that we occupied for much of the season. On the last day of the season.
We now have to hope that Chelsea lose in the final of the CL for us to qualify.

All FACTS.

Perhaps you would like to enlighten me as to what isn't?

And it doesn't take a mensa mind to question the incredible coincidences involved in our change in fortunes.

I just find it so frustrating to see all of this head in the clouds gibberish being spouted, as if we have suddenly become Manure, with a trophy room full of silverware from the last 30 years, and that 2/3 is a divine right. That coupled with this insistence that somehow HR lost his mind and started managing poorly, as if he was some start struck teenager seduced by the media attention.

and all of it spouted with such conviction, as if the stuff they make up in their heads is actually nailed on fact.

i've given up trying to find a rhyme or reason for it.. it's easier if you just ignore it and put it down to sheer ignorance or utter unintelligence.

I think you have pretty much nailed it on with your (highlighted) comment above. Most accurate thing you have said, amongst the insults and horsebrick.

Itinery.

Early February. Capello resigns.
Huge media coverage over 'Redknapp is the man'.
Our Form quickly collapses from 2.12. points per game average, over 25 prior games, to 0.67 over the next 9. End March. Relegation form, from top 3 form.
Redknapps comments to the media are at best unwise. Some would say disloyal.
Roy Hodgson appointed England manager. Not Redknapp. Beginning of May.
Suddenly Spurs improve. Last 4 games. After Redknapp realises he is stuck at Spurs. The opposition are mostly bottom of the table teams.
We still snatch disaster from victory after Arsenals draw with Norwich throws us a top 3 lifeline, and guaranteed CL qualification. We labour against a shocking Villa side, and only draw.
Villa sack their manager shortly after for poor performance.
We finish 4th, instead of the 3rd that we occupied for much of the season. On the last day of the season.
We now have to hope that Chelsea lose in the final of the CL for us to qualify.

All FACTS.

Perhaps you would like to enlighten me as to what isn't?

And it doesn't take a mensa mind to question the incredible coincidences involved in our change in fortunes.

Trust me, I haven't insulted you at all. I have been warned that I'm not to do that anymore, as it will get me banned. There are so many things that I would like to say, but as I actually quite enjoy a lot of what goes on on here, I will keep my opinions to myself. Horsebrick? what horsebrick have I come out with, as a matter of interest? What fanciful theories and flights of fancy have you seen me post?

Despite the massive amount of disagreement in this thread, you continue to keep repeating the same things over and over again, as if the very repetition will make it all solid and factual.

WE get where you are coming from, you want Mourinho (good luck with that) or anyone, apart from HR, who has taken us as far as he can.

Now do everyone a favour, live happy in the knowledge that we have heard you.

Sheffield spur?

You're not from Penistone by any chance?

I have been behind Redknapp for the last two years, but I will forever remember the 2011/12 season as the year we let a 13 point lead slip to Arsenal after their worst start in 50 or so years.
Corluka put it just right. Their has been absolutely no squad rotation throughout the season. There was a team for the league, and a team for brick cups like the Europa League etc. And the players who were in the cup team knew that they were in the cup team and reserve to the league team. For example, why would someone like Kranjcar or Dos Santos want to be in a team when they know the manager will pick the likes of Modric or Bale over them every time. Players like that get fed up of being second choice, and Dos Santos and Defoe have both told the media they want to leave for exactly this reason.

The reason City and United were so successful is because the manager would give every player a chance. Ferguson would have Nani and Young, but every saw how good Valencia was because all three wingers would be rotated throughout the season. Or Mancini would play with one striker, but still manage to rotate Aguero, Dzeko and Balotelli during the season, and Tevez towards the end of the season.

The reason for our collapse is 'Arry had one team in mind for every league game and when he played Walker twice while he had a broken toe, it showed how much he preferred certain players to others.

Exactly, the worst start they've had in 50 years. The 10 point gap was only there because of their massive underachievement, not because we are 10 points better than them. Had the scum started like they finished then we would have been neck and neck all season and nobody would be starting ridiculous threads like this.

Premier League's Best - By the Numbers (BBC)

Some interesting stats on there.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/thefootballtacticsblog/2012/05/you_will_probably_know_that.html

Defoe in the top 10 for Goals per min, but not in the top 10 for shooting accuracy.

Luka Modric is 3rd for chances created behind Mata and Silva with Bale 5th and VDV 8th.

Luka is also 2nd for most passes completed and Livermore, ledley and Gallas all had over 90% pass completion.

The interesting thing i find is that only Modric makes it into the Top 10 for Cross completion, no Bale or lennon. And only Benny is in the top 10 for dribble completion.

Says a lot to me about how effective our wingers have been. And how much we rely on Modders.

That can't be right. I've been reading on here how Modric doesn't do anything and could be replaced at the drop of a hat.

Some interesting stats on there.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/thefootballtacticsblog/2012/05/you_will_probably_know_that.html

Defoe in the top 10 for Goals per min, but not in the top 10 for shooting accuracy.

Luka Modric is 3rd for chances created behind Mata and Silva with Bale 5th and VDV 8th.

Luka is also 2nd for most passes completed and Livermore, ledley and Gallas all had over 90% pass completion.

The interesting thing i find is that only Modric makes it into the Top 10 for Cross completion, no Bale or lennon. And only Benny is in the top 10 for dribble completion.

Says a lot to me about how effective our wingers have been. And how much we rely on Modders.

Modric doesn't cross very often. Where as Lennon and Bale are (or should be) on the wings crossing into a full box, is much harder to be accurate and reach team mates when the box is full of opposition players.

10 Reasons why this has been a good season positivity thread

http://tottenhamlive.com/blog/467-reasons-best-premiership-season-yet.html

The blog reads:

"As it sinks in that we have missed out on Champions League football because of Chelsea, it is easy to think what a rubbish season, weÔÇÖre back to square one, harry out etc but IÔÇÖm choosing to focus on the positives.

Looking back this has been Tottenham best ever premiership season and here is 10 reasons why.

1 ÔÇô We broke the top 4 monopoly

The last three season we have finished 4th, 5th and 4th. Before 2009/10 season Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea and Man United had finished in the top 4 six seasons in a row. The last three seasons have seen us consistently finish above Liverpool, a team who were title contenders a couple years ago.

The reason why this season is our best ever is because we finished above Chelsea as well as Liverpool. We have spent 20 million since 2010. Liverpool spent over 40 million last summer and Chelsea spent over 60 million and they still couldnÔÇÖt finish above us. Now people might point out Chelsea sacked there manager and Liverpool have now done the same but with better stadia and greater fianc?®s we done brilliantly to finish above them both.

2- Young English players impressed in Premiership

Kyle Walker won the PFA Young player of the year after featuring in 37 premiership matches for us. It is great for us to be including young English talent in a side that isnÔÇÖt just finishing mid table. Another English man who has contributed to this brilliant premiership season is Jake Livermore. Jake appeared in 24 premiership games and impressed everyone at White Hart Lane this season. These two players in particular gives us hope that Tottenham will continue to produce English talent in a team that will be competing for honours.

3 ÔÇô For a period we was Title contenders!

Now in my lifetime I have never heard Tottenham mentioned as title contenders yet between December and mid February people were really talking about my team as title contenders, yes I know we didnÔÇÖt win the title and didnÔÇÖt come close but for a team that hasnÔÇÖt got a rich sheik or billionaire Russian owner thatÔÇÖs an incredible achievement to be mentioned as Title contenders.

It makes a change from being relegation candidates or from mid table mediocrity, we were being mentioned alongside Manchester United as outsiders for the Title now thatÔÇÖs more than our closest rivals Arsenal. That just shows that weÔÇÖre moving in the right direction and if we can be a bit more consistent next season and add a few additions who knows maybe next year we could be title contenders for longer than 2 months.

4 ÔÇô We played the best football all season

When we were in full flow nobody could get near us. Having Bale and Lennon taking on their full backs, Luka spraying passes and Rafa and Adebayor playing 1-2ÔÇÖs we were playing the best football. This wasnÔÇÖt just a month phase either throughout the whole season we played good football. Sometimes we didnÔÇÖt get the results the football deserves but neither did Barcelona against Chelsea or Spain against England at Wembley but itÔÇÖs the philosophy that is the right way and for the first time in years we are playing brilliant football and getting results, which is a magnificent achievement.

5 ÔÇô We had some outstanding results

We destroyed Liverpool 4-0 playing sensational football and took Saudi Sportswashing Machine apart winning 5-0. These two clubs finished in the top 8 and we inflicted their worst performances of the season. We had other brilliant results once again beating Arsenal at the Lane. Now we beat Wigan 9-1 a couple of season ago which was brilliant but results against top teams make this season the best.

6 ÔÇô We saw Academy players establish themselves.

We saw the talent of our youngsters, we have already mentioned Livermore and Walker but plenty of other young Tottenham players showed their talent this season by featuring in the Europa League. Tom Carroll, Harry Kane and Andros Townsend all showed the future is bright for TottenhamÔÇÖs academy. Ledley King is the only player to have established himself for Tottenham coming through the academy but Townsend, Livermore, Kane and Carroll are showing that our youth systems is producing very good players.

7 ÔÇô Lost the ÔÇÿselling clubÔÇÖ tag last summer

This pre-season Daniel Levy dug his heels in and told the world Tottenham Hotspur are no longer a selling club. By keeping Luka Modric we showed we are no longer a push over in the transfer market. Gone are the days where we sold our best players to the top clubs. There is a good chance Modric might leave this summer but for this season he was one of our best performers and without him we wouldnÔÇÖt of had such a great season. Levy stance against Chelsea is another reason why this season has been our best in the premiership

8 ÔÇô Hardest Premiership season to date and we got second best points tally ever.

With the promoted teams all improving the league, Emirates Marketing Project being title winners not just champions league chasers, teams like Saudi Sportswashing Machine, Fulham and Everton all improved yet we achieved our second best points tally in the Premiership. Our best was 70 points in the 2009/10 season and we got 69 points this year, in a harder season so I think it is a great achievement.

9 ÔÇô Started season in worst possible way

We started the season in the worst possible fashion losing our first two games 3-0 and 6-1 this season. How many teams lost there opening games that bad yet recovered to finish in the top 4. Just because we didnÔÇÖt get Champions League football for a 4th place finish doesnÔÇÖt make it a bad season. ItÔÇÖs been a great achievement to finish in the top 4 again.

10 ÔÇô We have closed the gap between us and Arsenal

Finally we may not have finished above them but this season closed the gap between us and Arsenal. The way they celebrated finish above us/coming 3rd showed how the gap between the clubs has gone. If West Brom had a decent second keeper we would be 3rd but it wasnÔÇÖt to be. A few years ago Arsenal were expected to challenge for titles but this season they celebrated finishing above us like winning a trophy. It suggests that finally the gap that has been between us for a decade and more is closed. It shows how far we have come and IÔÇÖm very confident that we will not see our rivals celebrating finishing above us next season because we will be the top dogs in north London and hopefully London

So they you have it, my opinion on our brilliant season. Yes we had some lows but overall the season was a huge high note and one of the best we have had in 20 years!

IÔÇÖm sure Harry and Levy will invest wisely in the summer and next season we can improve again and Who knows maybe even Daniel Levy will find a way of getting us reinstated in the Champions League, fingers crossed."

Makes some very good points as I feel there has been alot of knee jerk going on since the pain of losing out to CL to Cheatski. When you look back at the positives it weren't such a bad season after all... a brick last few months granted but then alot of other factors went against us, such as poor ref decisions and media "Harry for England" circus too. Yet we still finished top 4 which was our goal from the start of the season.
We Have a promising crop of youngsters coming through. Some exciting transfers happening at the moment. So lets get our heads up, dust ourselves off and look forward to another exciting season.... I'm done with the doom and gloom now, whats happened has happened so lets just deal with whats infront of us

COYS!!!!

http://tottenhamlive.com/blog/467-reasons-best-premiership-season-yet.html

The blog reads:

"As it sinks in that we have missed out on Champions League football because of Chelsea, it is easy to think what a rubbish season, weÔÇÖre back to square one, harry out etc but IÔÇÖm choosing to focus on the positives.

Looking back this has been Tottenham best ever premiership season and here is 10 reasons why.

1 ÔÇô We broke the top 4 monopoly

The last three season we have finished 4th, 5th and 4th. Before 2009/10 season Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea and Man United had finished in the top 4 six seasons in a row. The last three seasons have seen us consistently finish above Liverpool, a team who were title contenders a couple years ago.

The reason why this season is our best ever is because we finished above Chelsea as well as Liverpool. We have spent 20 million since 2010. Liverpool spent over 40 million last summer and Chelsea spent over 60 million and they still couldnÔÇÖt finish above us. Now people might point out Chelsea sacked there manager and Liverpool have now done the same but with better stadia and greater fianc?®s we done brilliantly to finish above them both.

2- Young English players impressed in Premiership

Kyle Walker won the PFA Young player of the year after featuring in 37 premiership matches for us. It is great for us to be including young English talent in a side that isnÔÇÖt just finishing mid table. Another English man who has contributed to this brilliant premiership season is Jake Livermore. Jake appeared in 24 premiership games and impressed everyone at White Hart Lane this season. These two players in particular gives us hope that Tottenham will continue to produce English talent in a team that will be competing for honours.

3 ÔÇô For a period we was Title contenders!

Now in my lifetime I have never heard Tottenham mentioned as title contenders yet between December and mid February people were really talking about my team as title contenders, yes I know we didnÔÇÖt win the title and didnÔÇÖt come close but for a team that hasnÔÇÖt got a rich sheik or billionaire Russian owner thatÔÇÖs an incredible achievement to be mentioned as Title contenders.

It makes a change from being relegation candidates or from mid table mediocrity, we were being mentioned alongside Manchester United as outsiders for the Title now thatÔÇÖs more than our closest rivals Arsenal. That just shows that weÔÇÖre moving in the right direction and if we can be a bit more consistent next season and add a few additions who knows maybe next year we could be title contenders for longer than 2 months.

4 ÔÇô We played the best football all season

When we were in full flow nobody could get near us. Having Bale and Lennon taking on their full backs, Luka spraying passes and Rafa and Adebayor playing 1-2ÔÇÖs we were playing the best football. This wasnÔÇÖt just a month phase either throughout the whole season we played good football. Sometimes we didnÔÇÖt get the results the football deserves but neither did Barcelona against Chelsea or Spain against England at Wembley but itÔÇÖs the philosophy that is the right way and for the first time in years we are playing brilliant football and getting results, which is a magnificent achievement.

5 ÔÇô We had some outstanding results

We destroyed Liverpool 4-0 playing sensational football and took Saudi Sportswashing Machine apart winning 5-0. These two clubs finished in the top 8 and we inflicted their worst performances of the season. We had other brilliant results once again beating Arsenal at the Lane. Now we beat Wigan 9-1 a couple of season ago which was brilliant but results against top teams make this season the best.

6 ÔÇô We saw Academy players establish themselves.

We saw the talent of our youngsters, we have already mentioned Livermore and Walker but plenty of other young Tottenham players showed their talent this season by featuring in the Europa League. Tom Carroll, Harry Kane and Andros Townsend all showed the future is bright for TottenhamÔÇÖs academy. Ledley King is the only player to have established himself for Tottenham coming through the academy but Townsend, Livermore, Kane and Carroll are showing that our youth systems is producing very good players.

7 ÔÇô Lost the ÔÇÿselling clubÔÇÖ tag last summer

This pre-season Daniel Levy dug his heels in and told the world Tottenham Hotspur are no longer a selling club. By keeping Luka Modric we showed we are no longer a push over in the transfer market. Gone are the days where we sold our best players to the top clubs. There is a good chance Modric might leave this summer but for this season he was one of our best performers and without him we wouldnÔÇÖt of had such a great season. Levy stance against Chelsea is another reason why this season has been our best in the premiership

8 ÔÇô Hardest Premiership season to date and we got second best points tally ever.

With the promoted teams all improving the league, Emirates Marketing Project being title winners not just champions league chasers, teams like Saudi Sportswashing Machine, Fulham and Everton all improved yet we achieved our second best points tally in the Premiership. Our best was 70 points in the 2009/10 season and we got 69 points this year, in a harder season so I think it is a great achievement.

9 ÔÇô Started season in worst possible way

We started the season in the worst possible fashion losing our first two games 3-0 and 6-1 this season. How many teams lost there opening games that bad yet recovered to finish in the top 4. Just because we didnÔÇÖt get Champions League football for a 4th place finish doesnÔÇÖt make it a bad season. ItÔÇÖs been a great achievement to finish in the top 4 again.

10 ÔÇô We have closed the gap between us and Arsenal

Finally we may not have finished above them but this season closed the gap between us and Arsenal. The way they celebrated finish above us/coming 3rd showed how the gap between the clubs has gone. If West Brom had a decent second keeper we would be 3rd but it wasnÔÇÖt to be. A few years ago Arsenal were expected to challenge for titles but this season they celebrated finishing above us like winning a trophy. It suggests that finally the gap that has been between us for a decade and more is closed. It shows how far we have come and IÔÇÖm very confident that we will not see our rivals celebrating finishing above us next season because we will be the top dogs in north London and hopefully London

So they you have it, my opinion on our brilliant season. Yes we had some lows but overall the season was a huge high note and one of the best we have had in 20 years!

IÔÇÖm sure Harry and Levy will invest wisely in the summer and next season we can improve again and Who knows maybe even Daniel Levy will find a way of getting us reinstated in the Champions League, fingers crossed."

Makes some very good points as I feel there has been alot of knee jerk going on since the pain of losing out to CL to Cheatski. When you look back at the positives it weren't such a bad season after all... a brick last few months granted but then alot of other factors went against us, such as poor ref decisions and media "Harry for England" circus too. Yet we still finished top 4 which was our goal from the start of the season.
We Have a promising crop of youngsters coming through. Some exciting transfers happening at the moment. So lets get our heads up, dust ourselves off and look forward to another exciting season.... I'm done with the doom and gloom now, whats happened has happened so lets just deal with whats infront of us

COYS!!!!

not being disrespectful or patronising but if i may say

TAKE A BOW SON!!!!!=D>

Brilliant post. Thats the spirit. At the end of the day we finished 4th, yes 4th. Not 5th, nit 6th or GHod forbid 10th like the old days
Loads of positives to feed on rather, than the negatives.

Cheered me up ever so slightly. Well done, sir.=D>

edit; reading Villa talk cheered me up a lot more, though. Their hatred of us getting 'too big for our boots' is funny to witness.;)

Back