• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

So, what happened today?

OK. So I finished The Apollo Murders in two days. About 450 pages. Absolute galloping ripper. I was just this close to being late for a primo photo assignment because I had to finish this book.

They say 'write what you know' - Chris Hadfield knows space and all the intrigues that surround the exploration of it and the human drama within that endeavour. Sincerely hope he writes another. Sincerely hope you get the chance to read this book.

It's quite funny isn't it, that a guy like Elon Musk has this weird little army of followers that just defend whatever he says or does to death because they identify so much with him, or kind of secretly wants to be him or something. What makes grown men behave like that? It's like some sort of weird teenage crush on a moviestar or something. What exact thing are you lacking? What food didn't your parents give you when you were a kid? Maybe I'm overreacting. Yeah, I probably am. Honestly, sorry. These guys probably just suffer from some psychological issue, right? Not my place to make fun of that really. But it's still interesting, and something I'd like to know more about. Fandom! Any good documentaries on it apart from the guys who stalk that 90's pop star?

So yeah, thinking out loud here. It started kind of rough, but ended on a soft note, I thought! :p

It's quite funny isn't it, that a guy like Elon Musk has this weird little army of followers that just defend whatever he says or does to death because they identify so much with him, or kind of secretly wants to be him or something. What makes grown men behave like that? It's like some sort of weird teenage crush on a moviestar or something. What exact thing are you lacking? What food didn't your parents give you when you were a kid? Maybe I'm overreacting. Yeah, I probably am. Honestly, sorry. These guys probably just suffer from some psychological issue, right? Not my place to make fun of that really. But it's still interesting, and something I'd like to know more about. Fandom! Any good documentaries on it apart from the guys who stalk that 90's pop star?

So yeah, thinking out loud here. It started kind of rough, but ended on a soft note, I thought! :p

Something deeply disturbing about him, and I really don't get the worship at all.

Something deeply disturbing about him, and I really don't get the worship at all.

Same mechanisms as with the Trump loyalists, Steve Jobs fanboys and Pep fanatics, I guess. You invest so much of your self into the, lets call it "worship" of another man's qualities, that admitting they too have flaws would reflect badly on yourself. In an invreasingly polarized world, this effect is only strengthened, IMO.

It's the same with hardcore football fans too, the people who are unable to see - or admit that they see - deficiencies in their own club or the running of it.

I personally thing this is a human trait, some people are just more dispositioned for that all in approach to something they are fond of - whether it's football, a political view, stamp collecting, gardening or whatever. It's often these people, IMO, who end up doing great things or horrible things, depending on their obsession, worldview and the coincidences they face in like.

That's my take on it, anyway. I'm not that kind of person, so I admit I might be wrong. :D

Same mechanisms as with the Trump loyalists, Steve Jobs fanboys and Pep fanatics, I guess. You invest so much of your self into the, lets call it "worship" of another man's qualities, that admitting they too have flaws would reflect badly on yourself. In an invreasingly polarized world, this effect is only strengthened, IMO.

It's the same with hardcore football fans too, the people who are unable to see - or admit that they see - deficiencies in their own club or the running of it.

I personally thing this is a human trait, some people are just more dispositioned for that all in approach to something they are fond of - whether it's football, a political view, stamp collecting, gardening or whatever. It's often these people, IMO, who end up doing great things or horrible things, depending on their obsession, worldview and the coincidences they face in like.

That's my take on it, anyway. I'm not that kind of person, so I admit I might be wrong. :D

That's true. Mourinho and his weird weird following on Twitter that just became Roma fans overnight when we sacked him. I wonder if they feel any joy in their lives. Must be very very tiring to be relying on another person completely removed from yourself for some sort of weird projected acceptance.

That's true. Mourinho and his weird weird following on Twitter that just became Roma fans overnight when we sacked him. I wonder if they feel any joy in their lives. Must be very very tiring to be relying on another person completely removed from yourself for some sort of weird projected acceptance.

LOL, exactly this. Like the Messi and Ronaldo fanboys, who seem unable to accept that they are both great players with different qualities. And those people who STILL won’t admit that Harry Kane is a very good player, because they're stuck in the one season wonder narrative and are unable to admit they were wrong.

My son got covid on Monday, my wife on Tuesday - I thought I had some kind of immune system made of steel - but then I tested positive today. Triple jabbed though, so I'll be fine. Hopefully this means I'm getting it out of the way and can just get on with things once I'm out of isolation.

My son got covid on Monday, my wife on Tuesday - I thought I had some kind of immune system made of steel - but then I tested positive today. Triple jabbed though, so I'll be fine. Hopefully this means I'm getting it out of the way and can just get on with things once I'm out of isolation.

Good luck pal for you all.

you sit up the front, everyone else can sit where they like

if someone is difficult to place, just revoke their invitation, it’s their fault for being a clam
They've all requested to be at least 30ft from ground zero (wherever Marky will be sat, guffing away happily).

you sit up the front, everyone else can sit where they like

if someone is difficult to place, just revoke their invitation, it’s their fault for being a clam
We're just putting people on table's, not telling them where to sit on that table, but my Mrs is making it difficult

Back