• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

So, what happened today?

When I see words I'm not familiar with, the first instinct is to do an internet search. One would assume it might be the same for yourself, hanging out online the hours you do. It can be such an enlightening process. You should try it. Put the word 'toque' into Google's conveniently located search window and, along with scores of instantly clarifying images, up pops this first response:

In Canada, a tuque (sometimes spelled toque or touque) refers to a warm knitted cap, traditionally made of wool and usually worn in winter.

Colloquially, it's pronounced with a long U sound - tuuk. Yes, that's right, like pronouncing a famous Hobbit family name. It's also used, colloquially, as a questioning remark when someone has acted in an unthinking manner; 'Where's your tuque?'

That's all for today. Next week on Things Canadians Love, we'll learn all about the phrase amusingly misused by Americans - Out and About and we'll discuss advanced techniques for enjoying everyone's favourite summertime activity, sex in a canoe. Until then, keep your elbows down and your stick on the ice.
Can I play guess the pronunciation on that one?

I'm guessing "Oot and Aboot" with that weird vowel sound only Canadians and Scandis can make.

Oot an' Aboot is only spoken like that by ignorant Americans.

I've heard Scottish ex-pats use it once or twice in my life, but otherwise never heard a Canadian use it. And if one did, it's likely the pronunciation would sound like Owt and Abowt.

Oot an' Aboot is only spoken like that by ignorant Americans.

I've heard Scottish ex-pats use it once or twice in my life, but otherwise never heard a Canadian use it. And if one did, it's likely the pronunciation would sound like Owt and Abowt.
Is that how you write that vowel sound?

Last day of my current contract, nothing firmed up in regards of a new one so was thinking I was going to be unemployed for the 1st time ever
Then bang this morning I get a call from somebody else in my current employers asking whether I would be interested in staying for another 6 months in a different role
Hell yes !!!

Last day of my current contract, nothing firmed up in regards of a new one so was thinking I was going to be unemployed for the 1st time ever
Then bang this morning I get a call from somebody else in my current employers asking whether I would be interested in staying for another 6 months in a different role
Hell yes !!!

Great result.

I know, just waiting for them to work out the details and get back to me
Will have next week off to sort some home and wedding bits out, try and play golf too if the weather is kind
Great to have a little gap sometimes....just to tie up some home loose ends and enjoy a bit of 'me time'.

Ready to roll the week after.

I went to Leyton Orient Port Vale yesterday for a mates birthday. I don’t think either keeper made a save!!

Nice novelty using a paper ticket, no allocated seating and having a post blocking my view just like my old seat at WHL!5103D8C2-527F-4BAB-8467-C0B98B72268C.jpeg

Hell yes !!!
Got my offer through tonight
I asked for a fair bit more money on my day rate and they agreed without even thinking about it
Start next Monday, bit of a relief as it's been a bit stressful the past month or so
Will gain so much experience in the next 6 months too and this will help me hugely as in my next lot of interviews I won't have to try and blag anything as I will have experience
Can enjoy the rest of this week now

I'm sure you went down biting.

Started reading a fabulous new book, The Apollo Murders, by Col. Chris Hadfield, the astronaut. Awesome mystery set in the midst of the space race and cold war.

Back