• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

So, what happened today?

I built a planting box for my purple potatoes. 34" x 48". All cedar 1x6 boards screwed onto 2x2" posts. And for the squirrels and raccoons that love to raid my garden at night or in the wee bleary hours of dawn, in the fine Canadian tradition, I've laid down a set of savage leg-hold traps. I fookinate these critters in an urban environment. Rats with good PR is what they are.

Can you eat them?

Sri Lanka made them mundane. Before that they were quite special [emoji23]

Fantastic photo!

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

I suppose you can eat almost anything if you know how best to cook it.
Can't say I've (knowingly) tried pearooster though. Don't recall ever seeing it on a menu anywhere, including Sri Lanka.

Amazing - where do you live?
Brentwood Essex.
I think there are three in total, escapees presumably. This one that's been around here for a good few years and a male + female in a different area. It's a novelty when you first see it. Then when it starts pecking at the plants in your garden and leaving gloopy poo on your patio/patio table/car roof (depending on where it's decided to perch itself), the novelty soon wears off. Plus it's a noisy so-and-so.
That's only the second time I've seen it displaying. It wasn't best pleased when I walked past it with the rubbish sack. Started coming towards me, shaking its feathers and making quite an aggressive noise. I backed away and it calmed down and I managed to get back into the house without suffering the embarrassment of being attacked by a pearooster in full view of the neighbours!

I suppose you can eat almost anything if you know how best to cook it.
Can't say I've (knowingly) tried pearooster though. Don't recall ever seeing it on a menu anywhere, including Sri Lanka.

Brentwood Essex.
I think there are three in total, escapees presumably. This one that's been around here for a good few years and a male + female in a different area. It's a novelty when you first see it. Then when it starts pecking at the plants in your garden and leaving gloopy poo on your patio/patio table/car roof (depending on where it's decided to perch itself), the novelty soon wears off. Plus it's a noisy so-and-so.
That's only the second time I've seen it displaying. It wasn't best pleased when I walked past it with the rubbish sack. Started coming towards me, shaking its feathers and making quite an aggressive noise. I backed away and it calmed down and I managed to get back into the house without suffering the embarrassment of being attacked by a pearooster in full view of the neighbours!

I think it fancied you.

They were as common as pigeons in Sri Lanka and would wake you up at dawn. If they start breeding, I'd definitely look into recipes ;)

Bought concert tickets for the first time since 2019. Two shows at the fabulous, intimate (1,400 cap.) Danforth Music Hall in Toronto. Walking distance from home, great pubs and restaurants nearby.

Seeing the fun and funky Cory Wong and the Wongnotes, feat. sensational Antwaun Stanley on vocals, in January and Jacob Collier next May.

We've got a two pairs of cardinals that over-winter in our area - plenty of big trees and cedars in our back yards. Love hearing the males try to outdo one another when spring arrives. At our cottage, we have a regular wood thrush pair nest nearby. Beautiful songs.

I went to work today. First time in what, 15 months? Got the train (around 50% people on the train either don't wear a mask, or wear under their chin).

Felt good to be back in to be honest, i miss the routine.

Got the first shot of the Pfizer covid vaccine today, finally, my son is going away for the weekend with my in-laws and I'm going to play ping-pong and drink beers and smoke weed with some friends I haven't seen since January tomorrow, and then go with the same fellas to camp by this lovely lake in the woods and eat mushrooms on Saturday. Tonight I'm vaping some very grand cannabis, and will be spending the night drawing and playing video games on the Nintendo Switch.

Life is good at the moment. Feels like normalcy is on the doorstep. :)

Just returned from 2 day trip in London. Loved it, Warm evenings, stunning scenery, great food.
Booked again for August :)
Down in London myself this week. Delightful weather. And had a great dinner at The Crabtree beside Craven Cottage this evening. Very nice it was.

Too many car drivers and cyclists wanting to use the roads when I want them all to myself though.

My job search has picked up some momentum the past couple of weeks
Have found in my area the market has picked up hugely the past 3 weeks and I'm finding great jobs to look at every day

I applied last Friday for what I would say is pretty much my perfect job, had a call from the Inhouse Recruiter who was very positive about my application
The hiring manager liked my CV but asked for some words on my experience around this role
I went through the Job Spec and line by line I referenced it to the work I had done in my current role
The HR woman just messaged me saying how impressed the hiring manager was with what I had done and was keen to speak

For me it's perfect because I've basically had my interview in written format where I could really think about it and give good responses and lots of examples of successes in my role

I've also started to tailor my CV for each role I apply for

I went for another great role today which I would be able to do standing on my head. Also with this one my ex boss who I got on so well with is very good mates with the overall person in charge and he said he will ring him tonight and put in a good word for me

Don't want to get too excited but I have a good feeling that I'll get offered more than one job and will have a choice

and all this on the same day Poch might be coming back !!!

Magic
Still no movement on the jobs I went for
Chased today and they said they are still reviewing applications, jeez takes so long this stuff

Back