• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

So, what happened today?

No probs
I’ve interviewed probably the best part of 50 people in the last year alone
Part of my remit on every contract I take seems to be recruiting a new team
Have confidence in what you know. That knowledge is why your CV got you the interview.
I felt my interview went really well
I really connected with the Managing Director, really feel I could do the role well and my experience would help take the business forward
Exciting !!

I felt my interview went really well
I really connected with the Managing Director, really feel I could do the role well and my experience would help take the business forward
Exciting !!
So for a role you wasn’t sure you wanted.... your now thinking it may be right :):)

So for a role you wasn’t sure you wanted.... your now thinking it may be right :):)
100%
The more I've looked into the company and had some people do some digging around the more I actually want the job, the company is going places and I really feel I could be a good addition to it

Last edited:
We've been centimeters away from decriminalizing drugs in Norway - but the grand old labour party went against it yesterday, because ... because ... YOU CAN'T JUST DO DRUGS AND GET AWAY WITH IT DAMNIT! Their lack of support means the bill won't pass. It's such a fudging shame. Here we have a political party that's been priding itself on its solidarity for 50+ years, and what does it do? fudging shuts this down. It's just a tragedy. I've been working with drug addicts myself, and have seen countless examples of the police and the system at large just messing their lives up even more than they already are just because they're out there hustling for what is basically their medicine - and it's just fudging heartbreaking.

All the experts and all the science shows that punishment does not work, we've tried that experiment for 50+ years - yet, here we are, with a golden opportunity to decriminalize and humanize the struggles people have with drugs, and what does the labour party do? fudging chicken out because they know fudge all about it, and think that they'll lose votes from dimwit farmers out on the country that thinks everyone in a city is a gun-toting immigrant.

I want to puke.

We've been centimeters away from decriminalizing drugs in Norway - but the grand old labour party went against it yesterday, because ... because ... YOU CAN'T JUST DO DRUGS AND GET AWAY WITH IT DAMNIT! Their lack of support means the bill won't pass. It's such a fudging shame. Here we have a political party that's been priding itself on its solidarity for 50+ years, and what does it do? fudging shuts this down. It's just a tragedy. I've been working with drug addicts myself, and have seen countless examples of the police and the system at large just messing their lives up even more than they already are just because they're out there hustling for what is basically their medicine - and it's just fudging heartbreaking.

All the experts and all the science shows that punishment does not work, we've tried that experiment for 50+ years - yet, here we are, with a golden opportunity to decriminalize and humanize the struggles people have with drugs, and what does the labour party do? fudging chicken out because they know fudge all about it, and think that they'll lose votes from dimwit farmers out on the country that thinks everyone in a city is a gun-toting immigrant.

I want to puke.

I'm really surprised that no European countries bar NL and Portugal have done anything on this, it will carry on regardless so they might as well reform it, make it safer and get some tax revenue in.

I'm really surprised that no European countries bar NL and Portugal have done anything on this, it will carry on regardless so they might as well reform it, make it safer and get some tax revenue in.

Exactly - it's obviously the way forward, but there are too many dimwit traditionalists out there eligible to vote, and therefore, we are where we are.

I’d love to see drug users have to do something naff like go to Boots to get their crack and charlie instead of supporting a damaging criminal class/gangs.

I want to puke.

The Portuguese have no regrets. And I don't think anyone living there wishes to go back to criminalised drugs, which is telling. There are ways to do it so you're not promoting drug use, but help addicts.

One thing Norway has done well is its sovereign wealth fund. The UK had similar amounts of oil to Norway - from the same sea. We used it to cut taxes for a few years, and privatised all the oil, giving us a very short-term hit to our economy. Norway on the other hand partnered with private companies but kept some ownership and public stake, invested a significant % of the money, and now they hold about 1.5% of all shares globally! Worth a trillion USD.

I want to puke.
It will pass eventually. Norwegian Labour aren't against it as such, just in the current format. Some of the quantities of drugs you where allowed to have in the proposed bill, was utterly ridiculous. For some of the drugs the quantity was enough to put down a flock of elephants. Once it gets adjusted, it will pass.

It will pass eventually. Norwegian Labour aren't against it as such, just in the current format. Some of the quantities of drugs you where allowed to have in the proposed bill, was utterly ridiculous. For some of the drugs the quantity was enough to put down a flock of elephants. Once it gets adjusted, it will pass.

It will pass eventually, but not this time around, I'm afraid. They did propose a change where drug "abusers" wouldn't have to be punished, but where regular users would be punished (how do you make a distinction?) - which goes against the constitution.

ignoring the rules slightly as this happened yesterday, but on a walk with my daughter we saw two weasels/stoats frolicking yesterday and a load of toads and frogs in the marshes

crazy little things, not scared by us at all, ran back and forth within a few feet

I'd love to know exactly what they were, I think young stoats (only about 25cm long), but they didn't have the black tail tip, which I'm putting down to age

ignoring the rules slightly as this happened yesterday, but on a walk with my daughter we saw two weasels/stoats frolicking yesterday and a load of toads and frogs in the marshes

crazy little things, not scared by us at all, ran back and forth within a few feet

I'd love to know exactly what they were, I think young stoats (only about 25cm long), but they didn't have the black tail tip, which I'm putting down to age
One of them would have been weasily identified while the other one is stoatally different.
(TM DadjokesRUs)

This actually happened a couple of days back, but I became a cold-blooded killer.

Four newborn chipmunks. Eyes still closed. Curled up together in a beautiful nest made by momma chipmunk in the eaves of our cottage.

It was momma who consigned them to death. Maybe had help from her partner. She got into our cottage after we closed up last autumn and ran wild. Schit and pizzed all over the place. When my son and I arrived to open the place up on an unseasonably warm day in early April, the reek was next level. We had to don protective suits and rip out all the paneling and insulation in an 18 x 16' room, with vaulted ceilings. Filthy work that took two days.

On day three, momma chipmunk was spotted leaving the nest and we made a racket to chase her further afield. Up the ladders we went, cranked open the eaves with pry bars and promptly dropped the nest to the deck 15 feet below with a thunk. We opened the soft envelope of fur, grass, leaves and tufts of pink insulation and there were her four babes - three males, one female. They were promptly - and humanely - disposed of and the nest materials scattered nearby for mom to find. Then the remaining side and bottom boards of the eaves were removed, a new 1x6 fascia board installed and down we went.

Predictably, momma returned and freaked out. No sympathy. Had the newborn been allowed to grow and leave the nest, they would have been bonded to the location and returned to breed there. Not happening. Pics to follow.

mink?

too small, white belly, and this was in the UK, I don't think we have wild mink

thanks for the suggestion though

I've been told the black tail tips are from birth with stoats so probably weasels

They are in the wild in the U.K. having been released by anti vivisectionist and love water. They are a pest.

The few I have seen (fishing) were quite dark but apparently they can have white necks and throats and white spots on belly.

Only ever saw one stoat/weasel and it was super quick!

We had a polecat ferret under our bike shed as kids.

very aggressive little farker. Weren’t allowed up the garden for a few weeks.

They are in the wild in the U.K. having been released by anti vivisectionist and love water. They are a pest.

The few I have seen (fishing) were quite dark but apparently they can have white necks and throats and white spots on belly.

Only ever saw one stoat/weasel and it was super quick!

We had a polecat ferret under our bike shed as kids.

very aggressive little farker. Weren’t allowed up the garden for a few weeks.

they were quite a light brown

I did see a polecat once I think, in Nottinghamshire, a fair bit bigger

I like ferrets a neighbour has a couple

Back