• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

So, what happened today?

A kid (16) my son knows was stabbed to death the other day and another kid who he also knows is in the hospital in critical condition. I don't know the circumstances but needless to say, my son is reeling from the news and is bouncing between shock and grief. They weren't close friends but obviously when something like that happens to someone you know will affect you in a big way. I'm struggling to find the right words to comfort him. Maybe there are no right words.

Last edited:
The key with interviews is to remember they want to give you the job
There looking for reasons not too
They have a role, they need someone and your CV has got you through the door
Basically my company has split in 2
I'm interviewing for the job I currently do for the whole company but one part of it
I've done the job and done it well for the past 3 years and I know the interviewers well and I'm the only applicant
I'm still not taking anything for granted though and have done lots of prep

A kid (16) my son knows was stabbed to death the other day and another kid who he also knows is in the hospital in critical condition. I don't know the circumstances but needless to say, my son is reeling from the news and is bouncing between shock and grief. They weren't close friends but needless to say then something like that happens to someone you know will affect you in a big way. I'm struggling to find the right words to comfort him. Maybe there are no right words.
Terrible, what has become of this world

A kid (16) my son knows was stabbed to death the other day and another kid who he also knows is in the hospital in critical condition. I don't know the circumstances but needless to say, my son is reeling from the news and is bouncing between shock and grief. They weren't close friends but obviously when something like that happens to someone you know will affect you in a big way. I'm struggling to find the right words to comfort him. Maybe there are no right words.
There aren’t any
Just talk to him about anything and see what comes out

What a world we live in, sadly it's becoming more and more common now. In a lot of these situations time is the only healer.

That is shocking, I can imagine it would really shake him up.
Is he still at school? I ask because schools often have access to counselling services. Of course he probably won't want that. But maybe if not through the school, maybe there's a number you could find for him, on the basis that it's just there should he ever want to talk about it to someone and it's totally up to him and he doesn't have to tell you if he uses it or not.

That is shocking, I can imagine it would really shake him up.
Is he still at school? I ask because schools often have access to counselling services. Of course he probably won't want that. But maybe if not through the school, maybe there's a number you could find for him, on the basis that it's just there should he ever want to talk about it to someone and it's totally up to him and he doesn't have to tell you if he uses it or not.
Thanks for your concern. No, he's not at school at the moment - everything being done remotely. He seems to be coping OK now after the initial shock, though I'll be watching him like a hawk for a while.

The whole incident is still clouded in mystery but it seems the boy who was stabbed might have tried to break up an altercation he didn't instigate. Beyond tragic.

Yesterday some macaron parked across the drive to pick his kid up from school
My wife had to use next doors drive to get into ours
She asked him to move and he started hurling abuse at her
I heard...went outside and confront the guy threatening the wife... he was just like the gig from AFTV who left the country... kept on calling me blud and bruvva in between swearing in front of all the kids and parents in front of the school
Apparently he had an operation and couldn’t walk so he needed to park as close as possible to not get out of the car... but was happy to get out of the car to threaten my wife and then me... I think he thought push neighbourhood they won’t argue back, but I’m from the hood too mudda fudgea
So I stood my ground. He just kept on shouting and swearing and some people called the police
We know have crime numbers and the police have his reg (he drove off before they came). The police lived the fact that I’m standing there with a MOD pass and my wife had her NHS one... this poor bloke clearly had anger issues and now has the police coming to see him for 2 public order offences. The two schools opposite had to send emails out to all parents and it turns out 3 other groups of parents reported him... all because he was clearly late picking up his daughter and decided to park on someone’s driveway as it was raining.
I’ve been doing my old kick boxing training lately so my wife was worried I was gonna smack him, but I’m old school. Thought I’d let him hit me first if anyone was going to do anything
Funniest thing is seeing it all back on the RING video off our doorbell

There aren’t any
Just talk to him about anything and see what comes out

Yes children/young adults may think they are just supposed to be able to cope with whatever comes along. Or fear a telling off.

No harm arming him with that information and that you are always ready to help him work things through.

Mind you I don’t have children. But I wish it was how my father had helped me when I was young.

Iro jobs.

I’ve done quite a lot of interviewing over the years but have an interview on Monday. My wife was helping me prepare earlier and I’ve established I’ve got a lot of work to do tomorrow.

A little story about an internal interview I once had- was a promotion within my team. I got to the interview room early, wrote my initials on the whiteboard next to a massive tick and sat in front of it.

Got the job!

Got an NIP letter for speeding this morning. 24mph in a 20mph zone. Annoying. First speeding offence and not too much over the limit so hoping they'll go down the driver awareness course.

Iro speed awareness - don’t bother with that take the points unless you drive for a living.

It’s painful.

plus people can run faster than you were going.

Iro speed awareness - don’t bother with that take the points unless you drive for a living.

It’s painful.

plus people can run faster than you were going.

I’ve just read up and it seems it may not be possible to get a SAC offered for speeding in a 20mph zone in London. I’ve only been driving a year so thinking more about insurance premiums and not getting another 3 points for another year, would happily take the course if offered!

Got an NIP letter for speeding this morning. 24mph in a 20mph zone. Annoying. First speeding offence and not too much over the limit so hoping they'll go down the driver awareness course.
20 is impossible to drive at.

Get TomTom amigo installed on your phone, set it up to warn you of speed traps/cameras and set it to turn on automatically when it connects to your car.

I drive a lot, never at the speed limit and I haven't had a ticket in 20 years. But I use speed trap warnings religiously.

Back