• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

So, what happened today?

I was stupid enough to sell mine for convenience and quick cash rather than what it was worth. Hey ho.
Maybe when you have the time or inclination, you could trawl the shops, fairs , auctions and rebuild your vinyl collection?...I'd guess a thoroughly enjoyable process?

Maybe when you have the time or inclination, you could trawl the shops, fairs , auctions and rebuild your vinyl collection?...I'd guess a thoroughly enjoyable process?

discogs.com

Some of the rare records are worth a lot. I have a few 45s that are not available digitally. You can’t Shazam them and are very rare, but not the most collectible or valuable.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Those that know me know that one of the biggest loves in my life is my music ( over 900 songs on my Ipod) I also have a few hundred vinyl LP"s which i have had in store for a while now. Moved about a lot over the years and never had a record player at hand.

Now my Old Lady has bought me one for Xmas ( GHod love her) and i have spent all day listening to them, they bring back a lot of memories and its true what they say, albums sound a lot better then the alternative.
Now we’re talking!

Top tip if you’re digging out all the old records - spend £30 on a cleaning kit and give them all a good freshen up before playing.

It’ll clean the dust and particles out of the grooves, reduce static so less dust being attracted, and will get rid of those pops and crackles when listening. The clean will last about a year.

Now we’re talking!

Top tip if you’re digging out all the old records - spend £30 on a cleaning kit and give them all a good freshen up before playing.

It’ll clean the dust and particles out of the grooves, reduce static so less dust being attracted, and will get rid of those pops and crackles when listening. The clean will last about a year.

Sounds like a plan :cool:

Awful day today. My lovely cat died today.
I let her out as normal, after she ate this morning, and drove the kid to kindergarten. I was going to do some errands, but for some unknown reason, I drove home, where I found my cat lying in front of the steps, crying in pain.
I knew right away that this was it. I thought she had been hit by a car, because she only moved her head and front paws. I could see in the snow that she had dragged herself on her front paws to get back home. Her back end was paralysed.
Took her straight to the vet, and as she didn't appear to have any marks or scratches, they said she probably suffered from an acute blood clog, and there was nothing to do about it. It was better to stop her from suffering. Glad I took the route home, so she didn't have to be in pain for long, and it was good to be able to be with the furry little friend when she went to sleep.
Those paws leave a hell of a mark in your heart after nearly 10 years.
Miss you little Penny. Rest in peace little friend!dadqi0.jpg

Awful day today. My lovely cat died today.
I let her out as normal, after she ate this morning, and drove the kid to kindergarten. I was going to do some errands, but for some unknown reason, I drove home, where I found my cat lying in front of the steps, crying in pain.
I knew right away that this was it. I thought she had been hit by a car, because she only moved her head and front paws. I could see in the snow that she had dragged herself on her front paws to get back home. Her back end was paralysed.
Took her straight to the vet, and as she didn't appear to have any marks or scratches, they said she probably suffered from an acute blood clog, and there was nothing to do about it. It was better to stop her from suffering. Glad I took the route home, so she didn't have to be in pain for long, and it was good to be able to be with the furry little friend when she went to sleep.
Those paws leave a hell of a mark in your heart after nearly 10 years.
Miss you little Penny. Rest in peace little friend!View attachment 10488

Really sorry to hear that mate, i love cats and have had a couple over the years. RIP Penny.

Thx everyone! It's quite amazing how attached one gets to our little 4 legged friends, even though this one spent most of her time outside, and practically only came in to eat and sleep. You don't really know how nice it is to have them around until they are gone :(

My condolences, too, Kandi. We're cat owners, currently on our sixth one. Like yours, they've mostly spent time outside but never far away. Always see evidence in the garden or on the deck - feathers or hindquarters - that they've had a good hunt. We need those skills up at our cottage to keep mice, chipmunks and flying squirrels from nesting within the walls. Many nights, as I'm editing pictures on the computer (for work) I'll feel our Mona glide up against my leg and occasionally lay down across my feet and begin purring as I rub her ears with my toes. Hope you find another one.

Back