• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

So, what happened today?

Leftover roast dinner yesterday (better than the original) and still enough remaining for bacon and turkey sandwiches today. Almost sick of fizzy wine and beer, but one more day can't hurt.

We got all our produce from a company that typically delivers to top end restaurants, they've adjusted their market due to Covid.

Clever people. Don't think we'll shop for fruit/veg/milk anywhere else now. Such high quality stuff and so convenient.

I proposed to the missus the other day (Christmas Eve). We had just fired off a spliff and sat watching The Crown and I started thinking about it, and paused to ask her, haha. We have been speaking about it for some years, and I thought what the hell not, and decided for it after a couple of minutes of thinking about it. She liked it. We're just going to get married quickly in the city hall, and have a big no frills party this summer (hopefully) - no one over 50 allowed (not to be age-ist or anything, just ... then we don't get no parents and nans to suck the life out off the party), and no speeches or cakes or any of that brick, just a good old party with the people we like. Will be nice. The missus is so fudging awesome, just the loveliest gal you can imagine. We've been together for 11 years now, we just click with one another in all the important places, she's funny and smart, sensitive, great to talk to, we like/hate the same brick, and she's an absolute stunner, and we still have great sex and it's just smooth - love her to bits.

So that didn't happen today, but forgot to write it on Christmas Eve. :D:p

I proposed to the missus the other day (Christmas Eve). We had just fired off a spliff and sat watching The Crown and I started thinking about it, and paused to ask her, haha. We have been speaking about it for some years, and I thought what the hell not, and decided for it after a couple of minutes of thinking about it. She liked it. We're just going to get married quickly in the city hall, and have a big no frills party this summer (hopefully) - no one over 50 allowed (not to be age-ist or anything, just ... then we don't get no parents and nans to suck the life out off the party), and no speeches or cakes or any of that brick, just a good old party with the people we like. Will be nice. The missus is so fudging awesome, just the loveliest gal you can imagine. We've been together for 11 years now, we just click with one another in all the important places, she's funny and smart, sensitive, great to talk to, we like/hate the same brick, and she's an absolute stunner, and we still have great sex and it's just smooth - love her to bits.

So that didn't happen today, but forgot to write it on Christmas Eve. :D:p

This is amazing to read, huge congratulations!!

Back at work today, it’s always a slog after a few days off enjoying lying in, not putting on a suit or dealing with the commute.

Was a massive effort putting on one of my work hoodies before turning right instead of left to take me into my office instead of the lounge at 8.55 this morning. Still just the three days to go...

* these are the same as my non work hoodies

Those that know me know that one of the biggest loves in my life is my music ( over 900 songs on my Ipod) I also have a few hundred vinyl LP"s which i have had in store for a while now. Moved about a lot over the years and never had a record player at hand.

Now my Old Lady has bought me one for Xmas ( GHod love her) and i have spent all day listening to them, they bring back a lot of memories and its true what they say, albums sound a lot better then the alternative.

Those that know me know that one of the biggest loves in my life is my music ( over 900 songs on my Ipod) I also have a few hundred vinyl LP"s which i have had in store for a while now. Moved about a lot over the years and never had a record player at hand.

Now my Old Lady has bought me one for Xmas ( GHod love her) and i have spent all day listening to them, they bring back a lot of memories and its true what they say, albums sound a lot better then the alternative.

Lovely mate. I've ventured into the vinyl world for the first time as my partner also bought me one for Christmas! I think a lot of my expendable cash will be going on LP's. Enjoy.

Lovely mate. I've ventured into the vinyl world for the first time as my partner also bought me one for Christmas! I think a lot of my expendable cash will be going on LP's. Enjoy.

Go for it mate, as i say i have not listened to them for a few years and they are still sound perfect. Showing my age but i have a lot that go back to the 60"s and onwards and they bring back great memories of gigs i was lucky enough to have been at.

If you have a decent setup at home, you can get studio remastered, lossless versions of a lot of albums. That gets you all the quality of vinyl withoit the imperfections.

My home system is set up for cinema rather than music, so it isn't worth the bother. In my car I use an old school, hard drive iPod filled with lossless albums and it sounds incredible.

Doesn't stop me playing vinyl from time to time though, there's a very ceremonial feeling to doing so over pressing a few buttons.

What player did she get you?

A day very well spent. Sounds like bliss. Flogged all my vinyl LPs four or five years ago in a moment of weakness. Held on to the 7 inches - a bit of a consolation.

A day very well spent. Sounds like bliss. Flogged all my vinyl LPs four or five years ago in a moment of weakness. Held on to the 7 inches - a bit of a consolation.

I must admit i was offered quite a bit of money for mine on more then one occasion, i was tempted but thankfully i never went for it.

I must admit i was offered quite a bit of money for mine on more then one occasion, i was tempted but thankfully i never went for it.

I was stupid enough to sell mine for convenience and quick cash rather than what it was worth. Hey ho.

Back