• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

So, what happened today?

1. I would fudging love to be let loose with a digger
  2. WTF is a percolation test?
Do it. Driving it is a piece of tinkle and you'll get used to the arm controls in an hour.
(edit:get one with a cab in case it tips over. you won't get squashed)

Percolation test - >how fast surface water drains away in a hole.

Last edited:
Saw some crappy animatronic dinosaurs in MK... killed a few hours with the kids but they didn’t seem bothered either
Got new contact lens sorted
Had an introduction call to my new cabinet officer boss lady who seems quite decent for once
And did some random Halloween stuff with the kids tonight so didn’t watch the game
Legoland this weekend

That's it. The ground is clay so im expecting the drainage won't be great. I'll have to use a load of attenuation boxes or come up with another plan. The guy doing the test/ report is charging 800 quid for it and I'm his third test that day. Good money if you can get it
Probably a fudgetonne of liability if he gets it wrong though.

That's it. The ground is clay so im expecting the drainage won't be great. I'll have to use a load of attenuation boxes or come up with another plan. The guy doing the test/ report is charging 800 quid for it and I'm his third test that day. Good money if you can get it
Why don't you just do your own test?. Or do you require an 'official' test for building control?. (Don't know your location?)

I dug our own soakaway by hand during lockdown:). I had f.ck all to do as our project was going thru a time rich/materials poor phase. Ours is clay (not the worst clay though) so knew it would be a bit of a task. I know that if you don't do digging every day as your job, don't go all out as it will break you. So I broke it down into 2 hrs a day for a week, manageable and rewarding:). I usually would use a digger but what I saved on that paid for the gravel, membrane, crates and underground drainage.

When finished,I was gonna turf or seed it back over but turned it into a veg patch for the spring and summer as the kids were off.

Last edited:
Probably a fudgetonne of liability if he gets it wrong though.
Don't think there's any liability with surface water just means your garden turns into a bog if you get it wrong.

I suppose depending on your site, if there is the potential to affect others there could be some liability?

I mean new house builders get away with all kinds of gonad*s on land that is renowned for flooding.

So how are they going to save us?

Something about collaborating rather than competing with each other. BP have invested some serious money in green energy and global business leaders seem to be more in communication than ever before about working together. The CEO Of BP was very clear though, ‘this is not an altruistic project’.

Plans for today:
1) work from home
2) need to re-plaster a big hole in the wall i made when we had a roof leak. I am totally useless at DIY.
3) considering a drive to London to get some decent sushi for takeout

Taking the eldest fishing today, followed by archery practice for him.

Not overly keen on either but it's good, quality time together.

Got some coke from my bestie big dave the Sunderland fan. I'm going to cycle to chichester on it and meet him for a drink. He is catching the train down.

The wife got me this https://www.cycologygear.co.uk/prod...JdmcCOgt3wFDsUFgVRIQCYdZhNjFTTnxoC2U8QAvD_BwE

And it fits perfectly. Then back home to make lamb shank for dinner. Just finished the alchemist, finally got round to reading it. Which might mean my play gets another rewrite. Might surprise some of you but I love to read.

Cycling while on drugs is against my ethos but is great fun.

Anyone on here been to the gribble inn. Amazing micro brewery there I love it.

Got some coke from my bestie big dave the Sunderland fan. I'm going to cycle to chichester on it and meet him for a drink. He is catching the train down.

The wife got me this https://www.cycologygear.co.uk/prod...JdmcCOgt3wFDsUFgVRIQCYdZhNjFTTnxoC2U8QAvD_BwE

And it fits perfectly. Then back home to make lamb shank for dinner. Just finished the alchemist, finally got round to reading it. Which might mean my play gets another rewrite. Might surprise some of you but I love to read.

Cycling while on drugs is against my ethos but is great fun.

Anyone on here been to the gribble inn. Amazing micro brewery there I love it.

have a good day, Lance

Back