• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

so.... Um..... ratings?

Lloris - 7 Some top saves, could've been worse otherwise
Walker - 5
Chiriches - 4.5 Poor and lost ball needlessly bringing it from the back, more than once
Dawson - 4.5 Must have recurring nightmares about City forwards
Rose - 6 One of our better players before sending off
Lennon - 5 Not in it
Dembele - 4.5 Poor first half
Bentaleb - 5 Big jump up for the kid
Sigurdsson - 4.5 Anonymous
Eriksen - 5
Ade - 6 Tried hard

Capoue - 6
Naughton - 6
Holtby - N/A

Depressing that not one of our outfield boys would make it into their first eleven. We showed guts at times today, but the necessary class may not be there to really challenge.

Lloris 8. MoM for me. Two great saves, couldn't really be faulted for the goals

Walker 6. Reasonable defensive performance apart from Jovtics goal, but offered nothing going forward. No link up play with Lennon

Dawson 5 outclassed throughout by City's classy forwards

Vlad 5 same as Daws

Rose 5 poor game against Navas , but unlucky to be sent off.

Bentelab 5 poor game, completely passed around and didn't offer any defensive cover to the CBs

Dembele 4 as the senior pro should have taken more responsibility but went walkabout too often.

Lennon 3 anonymous. No offensive threat at all. No running off the ball. Never made himself available. Time for a rest.

Eriksen 4 tried hard but nothing came off for him. Set piece delivery better.

Sig 3 looks completely out of his depths

Ade 3. The unfortunate return of the Mk2 version we saw last year. In these sorts of games we need a Benteke Beast type outlet.

Capoue 4 i was surprised he didn't really play the DM role and was often our furthest player forward in the second half. Too ill disciplined to play the DM role at the moment. Where is the player that made such an impact as sub on his debut against Crystal Palace?

Sherwood 4 not his greatest team selection but limited by those available to him. Disappointed we started the game so slowly again. We really need to come out of the blocks faster. Hopefully we will against Hull.

Last edited:
Shocking all the way around

Lloris 8 MOM save of the year in first half amongst some other good moments
Walker 5.5 Didn't do too much wrong most of the action was down the center and on the left still offered little going forward
Dawson 5 could have marked him lower but he did make some vial clearances just outclassed really
Chiriches 5 same as Daws should go out on the **** again to forget this one
Rose 6 one of our best outfield players before unlucky decision
Lennon - 3 I asked my mate around 30 minutes where Lennon was and we was convinced he wasn't in the lineup, says all you need to know really
Dembele - 3 awful reverted to AVB Moose what does he do
Bentaleb - 6 our best outfield player today which isn't saying much really, tried looked for ball and kept it moving
Siggy - 2 offered nothing forward or defending Chadli anonymous performance would have been upgrade
Eriksen - 5 not good but had some good se piece delivery on occasion
Adebayor - 5.5 tried, no support no service deja vu to last season

Capoue 5 curious as to what he was asked to do? yes he scored so good on him but he didn't offer any help to our back 4 which I thought was his purpose

What could we do really? Sherwood was pretty limited in what team he could pick tbf I think most would have picked the exact same we were just severely outclassed and had some terrible decisions go against us roll on oil money

8-Lloris
6-Rose
5s and 4s to the rest.

We looked more like AVB Tottenham last night. The wingers didn't get involved and Siggy certainly isn't the answer here, he didn't offer the wide option when it was needed and got dispossessed too often. For me Walker was much worse than Rose and commited himself in 1v1's when he didn't need to. Dawson and Chiriches both kept making silly mistakes. Dembele was good on the offense but not so good on defence. Bentaleb on more than one occasion played the first time pass without looking straight into a City players feet. Lennon and Eriksen were both anonymous and Ade tried hard at times but took on too much when it wasn't always necessary

Capoue 5 curious as to what he was asked to do? yes he scored so good on him but he didn't offer any help to our back 4 which I thought was his purpose

Perhaps he was doing what Sherwood and co wanted him to? Did you Ferdinand's pre match article on defensive midfielders?

Emirates Marketing Project...........

10/10 to a man

Credit where it is due

Edit - Credit where it is purchased

Emirates Marketing Project...........

10/10 to a man

Credit where it is due

Edit - Credit where it is purchased

The more I think about it...this I really don't think any changes tactically would have made a bit of difference. The decisions that went against us may have changed the scoreline and we were unlucky in that sense. However, let's not kid ourselves we were very lucky not to be 3 or 4 down by 30 minutes. Dzeko himself should have had 4 or more goals. Their movement and pressing was immense, I think they would have cut any side open and have lately.

I was disappointed with our effort, we can't match them player for player if you want a result against them you have to outwork them and we certainly didn't do enough in that respect.

No one deserved more than a 3, other than Lloris.

And the 3 scores are for: 1 - turning up on time, 2 - looking relatively smart, 3 - running about a bit.

No one deserved more than a 3, other than Lloris.

And the 3 scores are for: 1 - turning up on time, 2 - looking relatively smart, 3 - running about a bit.

That's a little harsh - they should all get 4s. They shuffled across a little too didn't they?

I want to be positive about the future, but you do scratch your head when two of our four midfielders were missing in action in such an important game: Siggy and Lennon. I heard someone remark about Lennon's defensive workrate, but a winger has to produce, (meaning goals and assists) and Lennon so rarely does that these days. Would he play better if Townsend was fit and on the bench? Or has he just lost his pace? Either way Lennon is fast becoming the new Jenas for me, which isn't good news. As for Siggy, what a waste of space..

It will be very interesting to see what Tim does when Sandro and Paulinho are both fit: will he play them, or persist with Moose and Bentaleb in the middle? At least Saturday's game is soon on us....

4.5 - Sigurdsson, Eriksen, Bentaleb, Dembele, Lennon, Naughton & Holtby$
5 - Chirches, Dawson, Walker,
6 - Rose, Adebayor, Capoue
8 - Lloris*

4.5 - Sherwood
4 - Fans¥

$ Seemed like this might be the last we see him for some time?
* Make the most of Hugo, he is a special talent that needs the highest stage to shine.
¥ One positive at the end, at least I had a block to myself!?

Lloris 6.6667
Walker 6
Dawson 5
Chiricheș 4
Rose 6.6667
Lennon 4
Dembele 5
Bentaleb 5
Sigurðsson 4
Eriksen 5
Adebayor 6

Capoue 6
Naughton 6
Holtby -

Lloris 8 - excellent saves kept the score down

Walker 5 - allowed City too much space down the flank, eg Jovetic's goal

Dawson 6 - was denied legit goal, got in the way a lot but his lack of class at this level was brutally exposed

Chiriches 6 - did reasonably well but looked lightweight at times against City's powerhouse attack

Rose 7 - looked good all round; got sent off for a brilliant tackle

Lennon 5 - ran about a bit but largely invisible

Bentaleb 6 - some neat work on the ball but game often passed him by

Dembele 5 - looked out of his depth especially after Toure's nasty tackle

Sigurdsson 5 - worked hard but largely ineffective

Eriksen 6 - some excellent dead-ball play, otherwise outclassed

Adebayor 6 - showed determination but too often outmuscled by Kompany and co

Subs

Capoue 6 - too many poor passes but well-taken goal

Naughton 6 - so-so

Holtby n/a - hardly touched the ball

Last edited:
Lloris - 8

Walker - 5
Dawson - 5
Chiriches - 5
Rose - 6

Lennon - 4
Dembele - 3
Bentaleb - 5
Sig - 3

Eriksen - 5
Adebayor - 6

The ratings for bentaleb are baffling... He was awful, weak, lost the ball more than anyone... Dembele was our best outfield player (though still not good) and people giving him a 3.. Aren't opinions a funny thing...?

The ratings for bentaleb are baffling... He was awful, weak, lost the ball more than anyone... Dembele was our best outfield player (though still not good) and people giving him a 3.. Aren't opinions a funny thing...?

I thought that myself but was wondering if I'd just 'seen it wrong' based on some of the ratings for Dembele.

I see people are still refusing to give Bentaleb lower ratings due to him being one of the youth. I did not watch the game but i got it on good authority that he was absolute **** against City.

Back