• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

So this is what OUR Wembley will be about ..

Spur of the moment

Frederic Kanoute
The positives:

- emerging from Wembley Park amidst an enormous sea of singing Tottenham fans as you behold the magnificent Wembley arch ahead of you ... memorable.

- totally owning the stadium and it's approaches with illuminated Tottenham screens and banners on every lamp post ... impressive.

- at least 84,000 Tottenham fans in white inside the stadium, all the way around ... absolutely immense. Has any other CLUB side EVER owned Wembley so totally before? (Monaco brought well below 1000.) Gooner's best was fully 12,000 short a few years back. Also it's worth noting that Wembley's capacity on the night was reduced by a few thousand. Ten rows of seats behind each goal screened off equals around 2,000, plus several hundred blighted privately owned seats, unoccupied but also unavailable for general sale. So the official attendance of 85,011 probably equates to the full available capacity on the night

The negatives:

- watching from up in the gods ... not so special, especially for my aging eyesight.

- taking over an hour to get back to Wembley Park following defeat .. even less so, except at least we were amongst our own good-natured fans

- standing room only on the tube, although to my surprise I was offered a seat on no less than four occasions. I'm only 72, do I really look that old? !!!

Overall, in 63 years following Spurs I have never experienced anything quite like last night ... it was brilliant.

It looked awesome on TV. Would have loved to have gone.......even with hour wait in the carpark (I have the t shirt).

Whats it about?
We need a temporary home.

I hate Wembley's a playing surface its always been.... 'odd'. It has always looked to have a higher bounce that normal, but that could be me.

I couldn't agree more with you @Spur of the moment . In the many years that I have been supporting Spurs I don't think I have ever been as impressed and proud. I've been to Wembley before for the capital one cup as it was, but yesterday surpassed it because we literally owned the stadium.

It's a shame the result didn't go our way. That journey back would have been incredible then!

Well that must have been the biggest Spurs convention in history....we were literally everywhere and that includes all parts of my journey up from the south coast.

Wembley is such a cavernous stadium, probably too big.

The Torch was kinda restricted access but busy with many using the local off license for on the street pre match beer.

Plus in Club Wembley beer/cider/real ale on sale (£5) and plenty of food to choose from (not just hot dogs/burgers) albeit at Wembley prices.

Even if you're in the west or east end of club wembley you HAVE to use the main club wembley entrance (Bobby Moore statue) and make your way round internally.

Everyone heads for Wembley Park, there are other ways out if you don't fancy the long queue.

The noise after the champions league theme and after Toby's goal was immense! Aside from that, I thought it was quite mixed. It's so big, you can quite often hear 2 or 3 diffrent songs being sung at the same time, when everyone was on the same page it was good though.

Being able to easily get a beer before the game and at halftime was nice. Although I believe this was only available on Level 2 which seems a tad unfair.

Noticed quite a few more idiots around. Some drunk lad walking down Wembley Way before the game constantly saying "I f*cking hate first timers!" everytime he passed someone taking a picture being the biggest idiot of the lot. A close second was the guy behind me (I pray he hasn't got the 3 game package like we have) who didn't stop moaning throughout. The highlight being when he claimed we wouldn't get out of our group 35 minutes into our Champions League campaign!

Getting back to Wembley Park was a joke. After 30 minutes of not moving we decided to walk back and found an alternative route. Was back at Waterloo at about 11:10pm

On the pitch? Well it was obviously disappointing, don't think it was anything to panic over though, on another day we would have won comfortably. I don't think Wembley or the size of the pitch was an issue, we've seen plenty of disappointments like that at White Hart Lane!

Impressive attendance and all that, but it's probably not a record that will remain historic anywhere near as long as the old one did, and I'm quite happy to have given up my seat to someone less likely to be deranged by the thought of regular trips there and back, and the dubious pleasure of the New Wembley match experience — typically seeming to consist of an endless ѕtrеаm of people moving past you on their way to and from the sodding tuck shop, punctuated by occasional glimpses of the pitch — followed by the delightful, hour-long zombie shuffle back to the tube. I even had myself removed from the cup-guarantee scheme this year in case they started charging me automatically for Wembley tickets, even though it subsequently became clear that wouldn't happen.

Last edited:
I enjoyed it but left on 89 minutes so I didn't get stuck in a monster sized queue, also ended up getting there 2 minutes too late and only saw the last 10 seconds of the CL theme tune which was annoying.

Performance was terrible and not a great advert for selling out the remaining matches, would be interested to find out the ticket sales for those. It also felt like a subdued atmosphere, probably due to the boring game which was vert static.

I was in club wembley so toilets, beers, food etc was first class.

I'm wondering how many of the people on here that I talked to last night. I had so many conversations with random Spurs fans, of differing nationalities, and different backgrounds. People with interesting stories about their journeys, talk about great former players and not so great.

That was another amazing thing about last night, we really felt as if we were one crowd, united for the goal of Spurs success. We all sang loud, we gave it our all and we made Wembley our home for the night. A special night, even if the score didn't do justice to the occasion.

I enjoyed it but left on 89 minutes so I didn't get stuck in a monster sized queue, also ended up getting there 2 minutes too late and only saw the last 10 seconds of the CL theme tune which was annoying.

Performance was terrible and not a great advert for selling out the remaining matches, would be interested to find out the ticket sales for those. It also felt like a subdued atmosphere, probably due to the boring game which was vert static.

I was in club wembley so toilets, beers, food etc was first class.

Where were you sat? I was in 240, making more noise than the people next to me wanted me to make. I think the atmosphere was great until we were 2 down and people's heads understandably dropped. I think we did give it our all though and there were moments of loud chants that rang around the stadium. I'm pleased to have started at least a couple of the chants..I have a loud voice, it's hard to miss it...well, i did but tonight I barely have a voice!

Last night only made me want to go to the next Wembley game even more, I thought it was brilliant, even though we didn't do the business on the pitch. Weren't exactly hardcore supporters where I was sitting, but everybody tried to sing and get behind the team. It was good. I think Leverkusen will be a belter, their fans will be so loud and if we can perform, ours will sing up in response I'm sure.

I loved the experience and occasion, it was absolutely brilliant

We brought Club Wembley seats as we thought we might be able to drink as it's a corporate area and this was proved right, the standard of the bars and food outlets on this level was superb as was the amount of toilets etc

We stayed behind as you can until 10.30pm, had another 2 beers then walked to Wembley Park, this took about 25 mins, the tube was still massively rammed though and because of this took 40 mins to get to Moorgate where they terminated it early which meant I missed my fast train

I know of people who took 75 mins from the final whistle to get to the tube, bit of a nightmare but it seemed that everybody was using the tube last night

Have heard about the other stations around being less busy so might try this for the next game

Overall though I loved it, shame about the result though

Great to read all of your posts for the guys that were there. Work now means I am unable to make night matches unless I book time off, which I cant do until 2017. Really hope we can progress to the Last 16 to get the oppurtunity to sample a CL match at Wembley.
Although with my record of watching us there (alongside a few others I guess), it might be better for Spurs that I do stay away

I know of people who took 75 mins from the final whistle to get to the tube, bit of a nightmare but it seemed that everybody was using the tube last night

This is about 40 minutes after final whistle.

14355616_805676969535719_6453515403914753595_n.jpg

Have heard about the other stations around being less busy so might try this for the next game
We used Wembley Central station and it was definitely better there.

Last edited:
Great to read all of your posts for the guys that were there. Work now means I am unable to make night matches unless I book time off, which I cant do until 2017. Really hope we can progress to the Last 16 to get the oppurtunity to sample a CL match at Wembley.
Although with my record of watching us there (alongside a few others I guess), it might be better for Spurs that I do stay away
Yeah, don't worry, it's not you.

I was in the gods - view is ok but difficult to differentiate the players - even confusing Ali and Lamella.

No Drink in the gods but there was elsewhere? seems a bit odd that the plebs are not allowed but others are.

At times when looking around the stadium it really hit home how massive it is - really impressed with attendance.

good experience - but glad its only for a season or two.

I was in the gods - view is ok but difficult to differentiate the players - even confusing Ali and Lamella.

No Drink in the gods but there was elsewhere? seems a bit odd that the plebs are not allowed but others are.

At times when looking around the stadium it really hit home how massive it is - really impressed with attendance.

good experience - but glad its only for a season or two.

There was ever a real ale stand in Club Wembley which was a surprise on the same level as being able to buy popcorn, and pic n mix..

oh and my voice still hasn't come back..which doesn't bode well for a repeat performance on Sunday. Looks like I won't be talking all next week!

Where were you sat? I was in 240, making more noise than the people next to me wanted me to make. I think the atmosphere was great until we were 2 down and people's heads understandably dropped. I think we did give it our all though and there were moments of loud chants that rang around the stadium. I'm pleased to have started at least a couple of the chants..I have a loud voice, it's hard to miss it...well, i did but tonight I barely have a voice!

I'm in 239 but didn't notice any particular noisy C*nt near me;)

I loved the experience and occasion, it was absolutely brilliant

We brought Club Wembley seats as we thought we might be able to drink as it's a corporate area and this was proved right, the standard of the bars and food outlets on this level was superb as was the amount of toilets etc

We stayed behind as you can until 10.30pm, had another 2 beers then walked to Wembley Park, this took about 25 mins, the tube was still massively rammed though and because of this took 40 mins to get to Moorgate where they terminated it early which meant I missed my fast train

Overall though I loved it, shame about the result though

Wembley really is just too big, but i suppose it is a national stadium and with the amount it cost it may as well be big and brash.

Now ive discovered we are very well catered (and watered) in club wembley i may just head for the stadium asap next time and not bother with pubs outside.

It's such a bonus being able to tinkle and get a drink easily at half-time.

Especially for night games, it's reasonable to expect many are gonna come in on public transport. I used wembley central as well (Bakerloo back into town), no real waiting.

People ask for convenient links out but it stands to reason that if all stations are on the doorstep then 90000 people all turning up within 20mins is gonna cause backlogs.

Tip: If your heading south, there is an overground train from Wilsden Jct to clapham jct if you want to cut out central london.

Back