• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

So...Team for 1st game of the 2019/20 season?

Its clear he means in being reliably of a certain level.

I wouldnt change Son for Zaha myself but I understand the preference of wanting a player you know will give you 7/10 every week to a player that could be 10/10 or 4/10 depending on which way the wind blows.

Son has played a huge amount of football, had major disruptions and frankly life changing experience/pressure with the military service hanging over him - I think there are reasons as to why he has been inconsistent and hope it is now something he can work through. Id be lying if I said I wasnt frustrated by it all the same.

Lloris
Wan-Bissaka, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Rose
Ndombele, Winks
Eriksen, Dele, Bale
Kane

Gazzaniga, Sanchez, Sessegnon, Dier, Lo Celso, Lamela, Lucas

Not selected in the 18: Foyth (suspended), Walker-Peters, Skipp, Son (suspended)

Agree with a lot of this, only I think we will be without Eriksen so that promotes Lo Celso into a starting place alongside Winks and promotes Amos to the bench

Ndombele, Winks, Lo Celso,
Dele, Bale
Kane

Gazzaniga, Sanchez, Sessegnon, Dier, Amos, Lamela, Lucas

Way too many changes I know, and highly unlikely that we actually are able to get all of these players, but its only pretend so it doesn't matter.

Its clear he means in being reliably of a certain level.

I wouldnt change Son for Zaha myself but I understand the preference of wanting a player you know will give you 7/10 every week to a player that could be 10/10 or 4/10 depending on which way the wind blows.

Son has played a huge amount of football, had major disruptions and frankly life changing experience/pressure with the military service hanging over him - I think there are reasons as to why he has been inconsistent and hope it is now something he can work through. Id be lying if I said I wasnt frustrated by it all the same.

That’s exactly what I mean if Son was more consistent even playing at 75% of his best I would not even suggest this, but I’m not sure he has really got it in him because that Son would be playing for Real Madrid, Barcelona, Emirates Marketing Project etc, but the additional reason I suggest it is it would act as a kick up the behind of the rest of the squad showing no one is untouchable by selling him without another team forcing the issue, sometimes I feel the lack of transfer activity has led to a bit too comfortable feel in the squad, Ferguson had a history of doing it.

And on the flip side that team I suggested if you don’t sell Son and buy Zaha it’s still doable and not a single unrealistic signing there if we get the Eriksen money.

And I don’t think it would write a season off if we do it early and get the majority done by the start of pre season or the first couple of weeks, I think we be showing signs of settling down by October, and let’s be realistic we are not challenging City or Liverpool next season we are not at a level to be getting 95+ points a season, the rent boys Hazard is off, maybe a new manager and they have a transfer ban, the scum are awful and won’t be spending much by their own admission, and united are as bad plus their stuck with Ole at the wheel, they have to stick by him till at least Xmas so whatever they do in the transfer market they season at absolute best will be a charge for fourth depending on when they sack Solksaer, Leicester are improving but they won’t be challenging for top 4.

I cant say I agree, to be honest.

Son is quality, and I think we will be weaker without him in the squad. Even if he isnt in everyones first 11 he has proven to be an excellent player to have available and I certainly dont see the need to sell him to prove a point to anyone else about their standing.

Better, IMO, to improve the first team squad and make sure there is genuine competition to keep players sharp.

Ive nothing against your prospective buys, all good players and should address issues we have, though I highly doubt it realistic we could pull all of them in in one window.

Lloris
Ndombele, Winks
Eriksen, Dele, Bale
Kane

Gazzaniga, Sanchez, Sessegnon, Dier, Lo Celso, Lamela, Lucas

Not selected in the 18: Foyth (suspended), Walker-Peters, Skipp, Son (suspended)

This is amazing. Tbf even swapping Toby for Sanchez and / or Eriksen for Son (if they left) it would still be incredible.

The downside is I’ll be disappointed if this doesn’t happen :)

That’s exactly what I mean if Son was more consistent even playing at 75% of his best I would not even suggest this, but I’m not sure he has really got it in him because that Son would be playing for Real Madrid, Barcelona, Emirates Marketing Project etc, but the additional reason I suggest it is it would act as a kick up the behind of the rest of the squad showing no one is untouchable by selling him without another team forcing the issue, sometimes I feel the lack of transfer activity has led to a bit too comfortable feel in the squad, Ferguson had a history of doing it.

And on the flip side that team I suggested if you don’t sell Son and buy Zaha it’s still doable and not a single unrealistic signing there if we get the Eriksen money.

And I don’t think it would write a season off if we do it early and get the majority done by the start of pre season or the first couple of weeks, I think we be showing signs of settling down by October, and let’s be realistic we are not challenging City or Liverpool next season we are not at a level to be getting 95+ points a season, the rent boys Hazard is off, maybe a new manager and they have a transfer ban, the scum are awful and won’t be spending much by their own admission, and united are as bad plus their stuck with Ole at the wheel, they have to stick by him till at least Xmas so whatever they do in the transfer market they season at absolute best will be a charge for fourth depending on when they sack Solksaer, Leicester are improving but they won’t be challenging for top 4.

Son is probably one of the best wide forwards in world football today, Zaha is absolute garbage (35 goals in 5+ seasons, Son has 67 in 3, Martial as another comparison has 47 in 4) and they are both the same age. Add in both Son are Martial are not automatic starters for their team, you start to see how much of a gap there is to Zaha who plays every game he is fit for.

Any player better than Son is not coming to Spurs, and if you wanted to spend Zaha money (quoted prices), you would be better off going at Martial, 3 years younger, much higher ceiling and has already done more than Zaha.

The problem with Son's inconsistency is he fits in wherever he is told, Kane is #1 and we play the rest around him and I honestly don't think Son & Kane work that great together (they are both good players and can make it work, but not amazing chemistry on field chemistry there)

Sorry if it's a rant, but Zaha really is nothing but a highlight reel player that would cost way too much, will be 27 next season is not going to get better. At 20-25M 2 or 3 years ago, sure .. at 50M+ and stupid wages, it would make our worst buys ever list, add in he has already "failed" at a bigger club .. why???

The point about Son being one of the best wide forwards in the world, yes he is but for what 33% of a season, I think those patches of form clouds people’s judgment on what he does for the rest of the season, in those games he is worse than Zaha, if Son could improve his consistency to even 65% it would be one thing but the other problem he goes from being a 9 or 10/10 player on his streaks to a 3 or 4/10 while the majority of his goals come in his hot streaks, In them he is not far from Messi or Ronaldo levels that’s what’s scary, and would I prefer Martial over Zaha unquestionably bit he ain’t going anywhere this summer he signed a new contact I believe at the start of the year, if I’m wrong I take it back in advance.

And do I think Levy will do that much business nope, do we need it though yes, Poch worked wonders but it don’t change the fact we got top 4 due to other teams problems as opposed to earning it, the champions league run combined with using the World Cup as a excuse has really not just papered over cracks it papered over a large hole on a moulded wall, the midfield needs a complete overall and we desperately need a new rb, but what I suggested whether Son goes or not, and just obviously without Son going there would be no Zaha, it improves the squad we would get impact options from the bench and leave us in a stronger position going forward next summer, Ferguson always threw a spanner in the works and look where it got them, look at Liverpool ok it was not by choice but selling Coutinho was the catalyst to where they are now.

The amount rubbish being posted here is astonishing! Getting rid of Son and replace him with a bang average player is supposed to make us better? If Son is supposedly only performing in 1/3 of the games, how is one performing in 1/10 of the games gonna make us better?
My word....

If anyone can produce cold hard stats about Son being consistent over the course of a season and not saying 20 goals over a season but braking down where and against who they come from I’m more than happy to accept it, the hot Son scores at a ratio of a goal a game if not more and we see him for what 15 games a season?, I would check myself into therapy for even considering selling him never mind making my opinion public, and like I said it’s not even like he drops from 9 or 10/10 performances to 6 or 7/10 he goes to a above average player, I want to be proved wrong cause this is not me having a witch hunt against Son I want that hot Son to show up for the majority of the season and I wouldn’t swap him for anyone because he is one of the best in the world, I just think it’s like our fans look through rose tinted glasses at him when out of form wishing and remembering the hot Son giving him a free pass because of what he is capable of, that hot Son would be at one of the so called super clubs if he stayed consistent, Real Madrid, Barcelona, Bayern are all reportedly looking at wide forwards his name has not even been mentioned I think that says a lot.

And Zaha is a lot better than people are giving him credit for he is playing in a brick Palace team with a defensive mentality where he is by far the main attacking threat, in our team he would get more space and would get close to 20 goals a season, by his own admission he was immature when he moved to Man U, he was signed by Ferguson but joined them under Moyes where they went into terminal decline, if Ferguson had stayed there and the aura where teams where playing the name and shirt of Man U while Ferguson rebuilt them, as opposed to what happened under Moyes it would have been a different story imo.

We have started again. The squad needs improvement. Upgrade on Dele, Trippier, Wanyama, Dier is required plus a CM.

This will be the team/squad, Levy and Poch confirmed it, itk. Diamonds are forever.

---------------------------lloris(gazza)
wan bissaka (kwp) - dier (foyth) - vert (davies) - rose (sessegnon)
--------------------------sissoko (skipp)
---------------ndombele (amos)-----lo celso (winks)
----------------------------dele (lamela)
-----------------kane (parrott)-----lucas (son)

sold/released: vorm, tripps, aurier, toby, sanchez, wanyama, eriksen, onomah, ccv, edwards, n'kodou, jannsen, llorente. Net spend is positive about £30m. Win the quadruple, unbeaten, best ever team to play the game. Skipp and Amos to play like Carrick and Essien when called upon, Sissoko plays like a bigger Makalele and Ndombele is like Roy Keane on roids. Lo Celso can't be compared with anybody, as it turns out he's the best midfielder to ever play the game. Dele plays like Bergkamp, Kane is Shearer and Lucas plays like Terry Henry but with more bottle.

Done deal.

I am really going to enjoy next season watching this. Great to have our business done so early.

Back