• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

So...Team for 1st game of the 2019/20 season?

yiddo37

Niko Kranjcar
Ok lots of rumours about ins and outs for the coming season, what do you think our team will look like when we kick off in August?
Assuming Eriksen and Alderweireld leave (hope they stay), and Trippier and Llorente out as well our team could be:

-----------------------------------------Lloris-------------------------------------------
Aurier------------------Sanchez---------------Veronghen----------------Rose
-------------------------Sissoko-----------------------Winks---------------------------
Moura----------------------------------Dele-------------------------------------Son
-----------------------------------------Kane-------------------------------------------

Not too shabby, where would you improve and with whom?

--------------Lloris
Aurier----Alder----Verts---Rose
-------Winks------Sissoko
Son--------Alli--------Eriksen
---------------Kane

Poch is obviously known for generally introducing new players slowly/wanting 6 months to get them up to his fitness levels and adapted to his style of play.

I'm pretty sure Eriksen will stay and am still 50:50 on Alder (I can't see Madrid wanting Eriksen after his last 18 months form and 'spiral of decline' United aren't the draw for Alder they were even a year ago)

Last edited:
Ok lots of rumours about ins and outs for the coming season, what do you think our team will look like when we kick off in August?
Assuming Eriksen and Alderweireld leave (hope they stay), and Trippier and Llorente out as well our team could be:

-----------------------------------------Lloris-------------------------------------------
Aurier------------------Sanchez---------------Veronghen----------------Rose
-------------------------Sissoko-----------------------Winks---------------------------
Moura----------------------------------Dele-------------------------------------Son
-----------------------------------------Kane-------------------------------------------

Not too shabby, where would you improve and with whom?

I expect Aurier/Trippier are gone and KWP to a loan, so I think we start the new season with new RB

Rose may also be gone based on right offers (Davies will stay due to versatility), so expect new LB or Davies to start

Son, Kane to start nailed on. Dele or Lucas based on preseason performances.

I expect we will have one big name purchase in midfield, that player likely to start as well.

I was going to post a jokey lineup featuring Sessegnon, NDombele, Lo Celso, Bale and Messi.

But then I couldn't bring myself to displace Toby and Jan, or DESK, or indeed Winkssoko.

Full backs aside, I'm not sure our potential signings would slot straight into the starting XI. Perhaps Lo Celso or Ndombele for Sissoko or Winks. Or Eriksen if he goes, of course.

Ndombele and Lo Celso in CM. I also think Eriksen will stay, and we'll also add a new RB in addition to Aurier, and another attacker who can play in any of the front 4 positions.

Another big factor in this is when our signings are actually made. If we don't make some/most of them until the final few days, then its unlikely that Poch will throw them in for the first game of the season.

I believe most other European leagues have their windows running a lot later than ours again, which means that the pressure on teams like Lyon and Betis to agree to sell players isn't as great as the pressure on us to sign players

This is actually something like what I expect to see by Christmas next year

--------------Lloris
Aarons----Alder----Verts---Rose
-------Winks------Le Celso
---------------Kane

Subs (from): Gazzaniga, Whiteman, Aurier, Davies, Sanchez, Foyth, Dier, Sissoko, Skipp, Moura, Lamela, Sessegnon, Parrott

This is actually something like what I expect to see by Christmas next year

--------------Lloris
Aarons----Alder----Verts---Rose
-------Winks------Le Celso
---------------Kane

Subs (from): Gazzaniga, Whiteman, Aurier, Davies, Sanchez, Foyth, Dier, Sissoko, Skipp, Moura, Lamela, Sessegnon, Parrott

NO GREALISH!!!!! :eek::eek::D

Ill be very disappointed if we havent strengthened sufficiently enough that Sissoko is near the first team.

Aurier too.

I suspect Eriksen is off, and feel it will lend us more to a 4-3-3 with a new CM composition.

Which Im ok with, I think it can improve us when all is said and done.

This will go down like a sack of stones but I would do something drastic I’d sell Son and Eriksen the squad needs a refresh and sometimes you have to be brave.

The outs would be

Son £90-120m

Eriksen £100m

Toby £25m (preferably I would keep)

KWP £10m (Poch has no faith IMO)

Wanyama £20m

Lamela £30-40m

Trippier £25-30m

Jansen £10m

Rough total £300m - 340m ish

Ins

Wan-Bissaka £40-50m

Zaha £85m

Kai Havertz £45-60m

Lo Celso £88m

Ndombele £60m

Maguire £80m (not if Toby stays)

And also nothing has been confirmed yet I would try and hijack Dan James to Man U from Swansea for £15m

Roughly give or take around the £400m mark

Crazy yes but it’s roughly £80-115m net spend but it’s the consequence of a essentially self imposed transfer ban.

If there is room in the budget get in a young striker or promote Parrott, if not I would even consider giving Llorente another year

That would leave us with a line up looking like.

Lloris

Wan-Bissaka Maguire Verts Rose

Lo Celso Ndombele Winks/Havertz

Zaha Kane Dele

Subs from

Gazza

Sanchez

Dier

James

Winks/Havertz

Lucas

Sissoko

Davies

Aurier

Skipp

Foyth

Parrott

Llorente or new striker.

Poch and Levy will never sell Son. Levy because of the money he generates in Asia, Poch because his whole system is based on positionally flexible players (also the reason why Dier will not be sold). I think Son deserves to stay. The type of overhaul you suggest means we will be finding our feet until Christmas, when the PL is gone, and - depending on the draw - the CL might be too.

Where are our goals coming from if you are swapping Son for Zaha? Would Kane and Alli be expected to fill in the gap?

Personally I think Son is the best WF/back-up CF in the league, and would be the last player I'd look to move on

I think we can learn a couple of lessons from the final.

Two players who hadn't played for months return. Kane as top scorer is understandable. Picking Winks is either an endorsement of Winks, a lack of confidence in Dier and Wanyama, or a bit of both. I'd expect Sissoko and Winks to start in the middle.

It's likely the final starting XI is Poch's first choice. Aurier hasn't played recently so possibly he could replace Trippier. If Alderweireld goes, then Sanchez should start. Next season should be his chance to shine. If Eriksen goes then perhaps Moura gets first chance, but this position would then presumably be priority over the summer.

Any new players can be given time to settle in. Of course, that assumes there are some.

Lloris
Wan-Bissaka, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Rose
Ndombele, Winks
Eriksen, Dele, Bale
Kane

Gazzaniga, Sanchez, Sessegnon, Dier, Lo Celso, Lamela, Lucas

Not selected in the 18: Foyth (suspended), Walker-Peters, Skipp, Son (suspended)

The reason I would sell Son is he i think he is inconsistent now I don’t know if that’s my imagination or what, now don’t get me wrong I’m not knocking him and I like him but he has streaks of form 2 or 3 times a season lasting 4-5 games when he goes on these steaks he is unplayable and one of the best in the world never mind the league, his value would be more like £150-200m if he played that for 75% of a season, but that’s 10-15 games a season and he scores the majority of his goals in these streaks, for the rest he is imo honestly just above average, I don’t think Zaha is a better player than the on form Son by any stretch by I would rather have a lesser player who plays at a consistent level for 75% of the season at least, and in a ideal world I would have actually gone for Brandt but he has already gone to Dortmund.

Our squad is only going downhill we just lost a cl final and scraped into next seasons more by the brickness of Man U and the scum as opposed to our own play, I really think without a overall it’s going to end in tears and we are going to lose Poch.

The reason I would sell Son is he i think he is inconsistent now I don’t know if that’s my imagination or what, now don’t get me wrong I’m not knocking him and I like him but he has streaks of form 2 or 3 times a season lasting 4-5 games when he goes on these steaks he is unplayable and one of the best in the world never mind the league, his value would be more like £150-200m if he played that for 75% of a season, but that’s 10-15 games a season and he scores the majority of his goals in these streaks, for the rest he is imo honestly just above average, I don’t think Zaha is a better player than the on form Son by any stretch by I would rather have a lesser player who plays at a consistent level for 75% of the season at least, and in a ideal world I would have actually gone for Brandt but he has already gone to Dortmund.

Our squad is only going downhill we just lost a cl final and scraped into next seasons more by the brickness of Man U and the scum as opposed to our own play, I really think without a overall it’s going to end in tears and we are going to lose Poch.

Inconsistent with his 20 goals a season, while Zaha is consistent with his 9?

Back