• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

So how about a World Cup in a country you'd really enjoy visiting?

For the Olympics I think most people are very casual viewers and it doesn't really matter if it's live or recorded.

Anyone in favour of Qatar having a World Cup in winter (or a World Cup there at all) needs their heads checked. Also need to check the facts on how they won the right to host it. They promised it would be held in July, and they would solve the heat issue by having air conditioned stadiums - not with domes...open air stadiums with air conditioning. That was the flimflam that helped win it. Then 2 weeks after it's announced, FIFA start saying maybe a winter World Cup is a better option. At that point, they should have scrapped the results and voted again.

The other thing about Qatar is how the voting unfolded. Australia were very much expected to make it to the last round, probably battling the US for it. Australia were confident because it's only 16 years since it was in the US, only 8 years since South Korea and Japan (both up to host it individually) and the other was Qatar. Australia was absolutely positive of 3 votes in the first round. We were knocked out in the first round with ONE vote. One of two countries to not host it before, commonly viewed as one of the most beautiful places on earth and having hosted the best Olympics ever only got one vote?! It's flimflam and clear what happened - the money changed hands to knock out the most obvious contender at the beginning.

FIFA are ****s and I hope the Qatar World Cup is an absolute disaster.

I've read the stories that have emerged over the last couple of days, there's talk of moving the World Cup to winter because of the heat, rather than disrupt world football wouldn't it have been easier not to have made the disastrous decision to accept bribes from award Quatar the tournament?

One good thing about the World Cup is that FIFA and the host nations always seem to overcome any problems they face just in time. IIRC, only Colombia in 1986 failed to stage the WC due to the earthquake disaster and FIFA gave it to Mexico who staged it brilliantly despite the short notice. Whoever thought South Africa can stage a World Cup ? There were a lot of doubts even a few weeks before the 2010 WC but they staged it successfully. So, can see FIFA coming up with a good plan for the Qatar 2022 World Cup.

I actually think Canada are able to makefor a great world cup and would do it properly. I would rather it be there than Qatar.

i'd like it to be in south east asia - singapore, malaysia, thailand, indonesia, cambodia, vietnam - imagine all the variety of culture, food and drink and entertainment that comes with the territory.

I actually think Canada are able to makefor a great world cup and would do it properly. I would rather it be there than Qatar.

Not really a good bar to set .. pretty much anywhere that isn't a fudging desert is better than Qatar.

Canada would have issues, 5 hours flying time between potential venues, the traffic/transportation in Toronto is a disaster as it is, yes there are some fans but soccer is still 2nd/3rd rate sport in country.

India. I mean logistically and in an organisational sense it would be a bloody nightmare, but would hopefully raise the profile of the game there from grass-roots level rather than simply worshipping the biggest teams and stars globally.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

India. I mean logistically and in an organisational sense it would be a bloody nightmare, but would hopefully raise the profile of the game there from grass-roots level rather than simply worshipping the biggest teams and stars globally.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

Would need mega bucks to fund and corruption would be a bigger than usual issue.

Holland deserve a go in a home tournament IMO. 3 times finalists, 5 times semi-finalists. Mexico have hosted twice and they've never set foot in a semi. Qatar? Do me a favour.

I'm looking forward to the US hosting the world cup again, they could literally host a world cup tomorrow with their state of the art NFL stadiums, you pay top dollar to see sport here but its always a great experience.

Back