• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

So Both Scums Out Of Europe (in all likelihood)? Will it Affect Spurs?

Yossarian

Steve Hodge
I think we have bigger fish to fry.

Annoyingly the Bin dippers entertain both of the above and 2 wins will likely see them nick 4th spot, which is also utterly hilarious.

What is the biggest factor is that all 4 English sides are out of the CL. How will that affect the co-efficient of the English Premiership? Is there ever any likliehood of the 4 places for the Champions League being reduced to 3?

What is the biggest factor is that all 4 English sides are out of the CL. How will that affect the co-efficient of the English Premiership? Is there ever any likliehood of the 4 places for the Champions League being reduced to 3?

Lets leave that for the likes of Arse and chelscum to think about. We wont be needing to worry about fourth when were gunnin for the title

Nothing to worry about, unless it happens next year, the year after, etc.

For the TV broadcasters it's a fecking disaster.\o/

Part of me was hoping they'd stay in for one more round just to tire them all out a little more, but barring a monumental fudge up we should finish above both of them this season regardless of this.

Remains to be seen if Abramovic will have a bit more patience with AVB than some of his other managers, but it certainly means either AVB or a huge chunk of the team that played tonight won't be there next season, either through the manager getting sacked again or because Abramovic orders a mass clearout. With financial fair play coming in it'll be harder to rebuild than its been in the past though.

Could convince Arsenal to pull their finger out and start investing in the team, but it could also convince their star players and by that I mean Van Persie, that it's time to go now.

Tbh, sometimes I don't think it helps going out of Europe, especially the way they are going. They may have less games, but the CL is absolutely massive, and both teams genuinely would have thought they can win it, so losing is a massive blow, especially in the way Arsenal look to be doing it. Besides, winning games breeds a winning mentality. For me it's only a good thing that they are going out, could take them weeks to recover, and by then it's too late.

Tbh, sometimes I don't think it helps going out of Europe, especially the way they are going. They may have less games, but the CL is absolutely massive, and both teams genuinely would have thought they can win it, so losing is a massive blow, especially in the way Arsenal look to be doing it. Besides, winning games breeds a winning mentality. For me it's only a good thing that they are going out, could take them weeks to recover, and by then it's too late.

All of the above.

:ross:

Meaning, are you betting on Chelsea to reach the QFs?

no, i said they have a reasonable chance of getting through - not that i expect them to - but i certainly wouldn't be calling it a result at this point.

early goal and the game is wide open

Last edited:
1) Certainly possible.

2) No

Anything is possible but realistically Chelsea won't win 2-0, they are more likely to win 3-1 if they are to get through and win either in extra time or on penalties. As it is, I think Chelsea will lose at home too and will be backing that as a bet instead. Chelsea are unable to defend against Napoli, make too many basic mistakes and Napoli are, at the moment, a better side than Chelsea.

no, i said they have a reasonable chance of getting through - not that i expect them to - but i certainly wouldn't be calling it a result at this point.

early goal and the game is wide open, pretty sure anyone with a decent knowledge of football would get that tbf

Ouch!

If you check the thread title and OP, I was asking whether either of the Scums' continuing involvement in Europe (or not) would impact on our season.

Politely.

Very difficult to predict how these things turn out, it can affect teams in several ways. Like when we lost the FA-cup semi-final, but went on to secure 4th after some massive results.

My guess would be that this is good for us, both teams are on a downwards spiral, they need something positive to help them get out of the slump. Another failed cup competition isn't that at all and will hopefully contribute to both team's morale deteriorating further.

indeed you did, but we have been talking about their chances of advancing since you replied to my initial post.

and yeah i retracted that last comment tbf (you must have already quoted it) soz ;)

and to answer your question, will it affect Spurs ? too early to tell, all depends how they react to (possibly) getting knocked out. to me neither sides seem to be the type of team to galvanize after taking a big knock ATM

Back