• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Smart motorways

Would you drive on a smart motorway?

• Fcuk no I'm not stupid

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Yeah I'm a daredevil who cares

Votes: 4 80.0%

• Total voters
They are terrible at working out real world braking distances too.

I don't tend to leave much because, with almost no exceptions, I can stop quicker than the car in front.

But quite often I'll see bashed up 20 year old hatchbacks riding up the arse if performance saloons with no hope whatsoever of stopping faster than the car in front.

There is the obvious flaw to that approach?

Why is that? What is it that you fear? Curious (i haven't an opinion atm)

Getting killed or rather my son getting killed. I feel like I have pushed my luck a bit this year. Anyway we got to milton Keynes and back just fine. Would really not want to break down on one of those things.

Google how many people have died on them. It is insane.

Getting killed or rather my son getting killed. I feel like I have pushed my luck a bit this year. Anyway we got to milton Keynes and back just fine. Would really not want to break down on one of those things.

Google how many people have died on them. It is insane.

Yeah, maybe i need to Google them actually. When i hear Smart Motorways i always think it means the electrical capabilities etc on the road system was more sophisticated....

That's avoided by looking past the car in front.

Driving at anything even close to legal speeds is really, really easy.

This "safety" malarkey also involves things like not looking at your phone as you drive and if that chunk of tucker you're forcing into your gob pops out onto your lap, resisting the urge to look down, remove hands from the wheel and clean it up. Oh, and not driving 6 inches from someone's rear bumper i.e. up their arse. Last time I looked, there was ample opportunity to leave space between you and the car in front. People who ride my bumper like that can go and do one thrice. In fact, it is one of the (many!) moments when I wish I head Connery's Aston Martin, complete with the tiny weapons in the rear. The simple things...

This "safety" malarkey also involves things like not looking at your phone as you drive and if that chunk of tucker you're forcing into your gob pops out onto your lap, resisting the urge to look down, remove hands from the wheel and clean it up. Oh, and not driving 6 inches from someone's rear bumper i.e. up their arse. Last time I looked, there was ample opportunity to leave space between you and the car in front. People who ride my bumper like that can go and do one thrice. In fact, it is one of the (many!) moments when I wish I head Connery's Aston Martin, complete with the tiny weapons in the rear. The simple things...
That's all down to ability to multitask.

I see plenty on the school run who can't even talk to their kids at the same time as driving - they scare the fudge out of me.

However, I used to have a 45 min commute in my younger days and would often eat breakfast, shave, tie my tie, etc whilst driving with my knees. Motorway driving is astoundingly simple.

That's all down to ability to multitask.

I see plenty on the school run who can't even talk to their kids at the same time as driving - they scare the fudge out of me.

However, I used to have a 45 min commute in my younger days and would often eat breakfast, shave, tie my tie, etc whilst driving with my knees. Motorway driving is astoundingly simple.

Obviously I was not referring to as exquisite a specimen of human perfection as your good self. I was referring to the rest of us.

Back