• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Smart motorways

Would you drive on a smart motorway?

• Fcuk no I'm not stupid

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Yeah I'm a daredevil who cares

Votes: 4 80.0%

• Total voters

Danishfurniturelover

the prettiest spice girl
Driving to milton Keynes tomorrow to pick up some tools.

Not sure about driving in them. I have had quite a year and dont want to push my luck.

Would you drive on one?

Smart motorways are just like all other roads except better. Although theyre made a bit brick by the plentiful speed cameras.

We just need to euthanise all the people who are too old to be able to work them properly.

Not smart motorways but just drove back on M25, fudge me, flooding central. Appreciate we've had a lot of rain but we can't be the wettest nation on this earth surely?

reminds me of a few years ago i was stuck for 3hrs on the M25 (one junction from home) because the M25 motorway had melted in the heat. Incredible.

Not smart motorways but just drove back on M25, fudge me, flooding central. Appreciate we've had a lot of rain but we can't be the wettest nation on this earth surely?

reminds me of a few years ago i was stuck for 3hrs on the M25 (one junction from home) because the M25 motorway had melted in the heat. Incredible.

Probably not the same reason as the M25 but it's happening everywhere, this new trend of concreting everything over leaves fewer places for drainage. Walking around my area I'd say 80% of houses have got rid of their front gardens for driveways, got massive patios etc and the local drainage system can't cope with the changes.

Mate, it’s a breeze
The only bad things is if you break down as there really isn’t enough room for people to stop in the road side

the keys are the speed is variable (always reduced around Luton)
And the hard shoulder can also be the inside lane when peak traffic is there

the only really possible confusing one is the A38 Aston express way which has no central reservation as they literally can and do change the direction of travel of the central lane

Mate, it’s a breeze
The only bad things is if you break down as there really isn’t enough room for people to stop in the road side
Then they just close that lane and everyone gets angry at the prick who broke down.

the only really possible confusing one is the A38 Aston express way which has no central reservation as they literally can and do change the direction of travel of the central lane
It's a great idea, I really like that stretch of road for that reason.

So have I, but I don't think that's a problem with the roads, more a problem with the lack of ability of many drivers.
True
But the issue is that no hard shoulders means no safe access to the inside lane and on that rare occasion people drive in the right lanes it does lead to accidents

True
But the issue is that no hard shoulders means no safe access to the inside lane and on that rare occasion people drive in the right lanes it does lead to accidents
They're pretty quick at putting up the lane closed signs - people just aren't very good at reading them.

Their not
People are just lemmings on motorways
They are terrible at working out real world braking distances too.

I don't tend to leave much because, with almost no exceptions, I can stop quicker than the car in front.

But quite often I'll see bashed up 20 year old hatchbacks riding up the arse if performance saloons with no hope whatsoever of stopping faster than the car in front.

Then they just close that lane and everyone gets angry at the prick who broke down.
I went into the office today for the first time since March, to grab a few things off my desk (before our office moves to a smaller office with hot desking).

I was hoping for a nice quick commute with everyone at home, but the roads were pretty busy and predictably, some prick had broken down on the M4 (most of the M4 is 3 lanes maximum 50mph whilst they install a billion bridges to Maidenhead and Slough) so the traffic was crawling along at 5mph.

What a Great Britain we live in.

They are terrible at working out real world braking distances too.

I don't tend to leave much because, with almost no exceptions, I can stop quicker than the car in front.

But quite often I'll see bashed up 20 year old hatchbacks riding up the arse if performance saloons with no hope whatsoever of stopping faster than the car in front.

A major issue for sure. Fools who think they have high-performance vehicles when they are actually driving a motorized shopping trolley.

Back