• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Siggy

Good deal and hope he does well (he will do well there) but never wanted him at Spurs etc

IMO he will end up at Liverpool, Rodgers got the best out of him at Swansea, thought he would fit in to poch's plan. For a big guy seemed rather weak but always had good technique. This could come back and bite us on the ass.

He will score against us. Naturally.

A likeable and talented guy, but we're better off cashing him in and pooling some money for players who are 'first on the teamsheet' types. Siggy was always going to be a squad player.

Last edited:
Lovely fella, I met him recently whilst he was being badgered by some guy to get him tickets to an upcoming game....siggy could have ignored him, or been rude but he was a top bloke. He said he couldn't get him tickets but instead gave him two pairs of his boots, which he signed

I desperately wanted him to succeed with us, and he'll definitely be one I stand up and applaud when he comes back to the lane

A bit sorry to see him go even though he wasn't as effective as I hoped he would be. Based just on my hazy recollection he seemed to nearly score a bunch of goals, but didn't. Strange how the course of a career can depend on a few inches like that. He didn't help himself by not bulking up a bit. His 'weakness' on the ball contributed to his downfall, literally, on more than few occasions. Sorry it didn;t work out for him but good luck to him all the same.

The Sig did an exclusive interview with the Icelandic media earlier tonight. I put together this very rough translation, hopefully it beats out Google translate.....!

Most people over here are very proud of what he's accomplished, and just to put it into perspective, this sale makes him the most expensive Icelandic footballer of all time! Some people (Mostly 'pool fans) are taking the "he should've never joined them in the first place" road, or "he would've been better off at Liverpool with Rodgers or going straight to Swansea", but he decided to take the riskier road to a team that always seems to have that boom-or-bust potential. He dared and he did and no-one will ever take that away from him, whether people call his time with us a success or not.

Anyways, here are the soundbites:

http://www.visir.is/gylfi-thor-erfitt-ad-kvedja-tottenham/article/2014140729530

„It‘s all good. It‘s a bit strange to be a new signing in place where you already know everybody.„

„It‘s been a long process. It all started with a bit of interest from Swansea, that gradually increased as time went on. I also had to travel back from Seattle, which delayed things even more.“

In response to filling a big role and being familiar with Swansea: „That was one of the key factors, along with how happy I was here last time around. I also know the manager, Gary Monk, quite well and they were very interested in bringing me on board.“

Swansea‘s footballing philosophy: „Michael Laudrup kept it going and so has Gary Monk. It won‘t change. They‘re a team that wants to pass the ball around and use shorter passes. I hope that keeps working as well as it has.“

On his time with Spurs and spending time on the bench: „It‘s been a great time for me. It feels like it‘s been a lot longer than only two seasons. It was a wonderful experience to play in a London derby against Arsenal and Chelsea, and scoring against Chelsea at home was great. I also enjoyed playing in the Europa League and advancing past teams like Inter Milan. I had many wonderful moments at Tottenham and it‘s always sad to leave a club you‘ve enjoyed staying at. But this was a football decision for me.

It would be sad to look back at your career having spent too much time on the bench. I imagine retiring is the worst thing a football player has to go through, so hopefully I can get as many minutes and games at Swansea as possible.“

On last summers transfers and competition for playing time: „You knew that there would be a lot of competition for playing time, especially in midfield where you had 4-5 players who could play my position, the no. 10. But playing out left annoyed me more.

I think most people are aware that I feel at home in the center of midfield. I‘m not your typical speedster out wide who can drive past a fullback and cross the ball like Gareth Bale or Andros Townsend. I‘m a completely different player. Hopefully I can play in the no. 10 role at Swansea, or as a no. 8 in the centre of midfield.“

On saying his good-byes: „They were flying to Toronto when I was leaving so I just managed to say good-bye. It‘d become somewhat of a tradition to sell my best mates, guys like Gareth Bale, Jermaine Defoe and Tom Huddlestone. Us younger lads still kept a tight bunch and so it was very sad having to say good-bye to all of them at once.“

On Swansea‘s other transfers this summer: „They‘ve bought a lot of quality players throughout the years and it was brilliant to bring Bafetimi Gomis on board. He‘s a strong player and hopefully we can keep hold of Wilfried Bony as well. Swansea have really strenghtened this transfer window and hopefully that will continue on.“

Good deal for us.

Though I'm sorry to see him go, things didn't quite work out for siggy with us, I have no doubts that he had the quality, he just didn't get the playing time due to bale coming into the middle and competition for places. Which was really a negative on our side. We had a quality player and we bought others. Hey ho.

Good luck at Swansea siggy, I hope they give you more of a chance to succeed than we at spurs did.

Thanks for the write-up, Icelander! Good lad, Siggy, and I'm also sad to see him go. Great squad player, but he really is too good to sit on the bench. Wish him all the best at Swansea (just don't do the traditional thing and score against us, please!). He'll be good there.

Nice words from him about Spurs.

As he himself said, he wasn't really played in the position (or system) to get the best out of him. But, whiile a good player, I'm not sure he was of the required standard to justify being played in the centre... not when we have Eriksen (and maybe Lamela very shortly..), who are both at a higher level and probably have a higher ceiling.

Catch 22 as he's also too good to sit on our bench IMHO. SO Good luck to Siggy, sure he'll excel at Swansea.

On saying his good-byes: „They were flying to Toronto when I was leaving so I just managed to say good-bye. It‘d become somewhat of a tradition to sell my best mates, guys like Gareth Bale, Jermaine Defoe and Tom Huddlestone. Us younger lads still kept a tight bunch and so it was very sad having to say good-bye to all of them at once.“

Bit of a cheeky dig there! Good luck Siggy, I liked you alot. Just dont score against us and we'll be dandy

Good guy. Got a lot of time for Sig and as Milo said elsewhere if the interest was in Chadli for instance maybe he would have been sold instead

Back